• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
yes they took it too far, that just private matters.
To leak that after the fact is even more disrespectful.. They're really giving him the final ' Fvck you' here. Madness. Best manager in a decade at least and they treat him like this. Wonder when next they'll be in a CL final...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we want Simeone most Arsenal fans will complain about his style. even tho i read that Simeone would want to manage in italy when his time to A.Madrid is done.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If we want Simeone most Arsenal fans will complain about his style. even tho i read that Simeone would want to manage in italy when his time to A.Madrid is done.
I don’t know if they’d take him but Simeone spoke a few years ago about really liking the PSG project. With Tuchel headed to Bayern most likely that could be an opening for him.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Pellegrini thinks no serious manager should leave his job midseason, advising Nuno and Rodgers.

Mind games from the old fox methinks.
He wants it himself lol

Axel_Gunner

This not how you respect the best manager you got in last few years. comes to Arsenal Pochy for revenge.

L9KaEhm.png

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We have signed a few potentially good 'cheaper' players. Martinelli, Guen, Sok, Holding - even Tierney and Saliba (if you want to include~25m which is cheap these days).

I do agree our scouting is nothing like it was under the early Wenger years...but it's been improving I think, it's just much harder these days and it risky buying too many gambles (look what happened with Wengers gambles in the 2nd half of his reign)...the lower clubs can take those risks easier IMO.

Yeah but it's not just Arsenal it seems all the big clubs ignore a section of players which is the same section of players Leciester, Bouremouth etc get their players from.

Rather than buying from the middle man for 80m we should be sourcing them for 10 a year before.

What could Leciester have seen in Maddison that Arsenal couldn't have. Unless they weren't scouting the championship.

Same applies for players like Pereria, Ndidi.

There are some clear examples of bad signings but if you sign 4 players and 2 of them are good and 1 later moves on for 80m surely that's good business.

We buy for 35m and sell for 20m. How we got 30m for Iwobi I will never know. First piece of decent business in a long time.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Yeah but it's not just Arsenal it seems all the big clubs ignore a section of players which is the same section of players Leciester, Bouremouth etc get their players from.

Rather than buying from the middle man for 80m we should be sourcing them for 10 a year before.

What could Leciester have seen in Maddison that Arsenal couldn't have. Unless they weren't scouting the championship.

Same applies for players like Pereria, Ndidi.

There are some clear examples of bad signings but if you sign 4 players and 2 of them are good and 1 later moves on for 80m surely that's good business.

We buy for 35m and sell for 20m. How we got 30m for Iwobi I will never know. First piece of decent business in a long time.
Arsenal wanted Maddison but he chose Leicester instead.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'm hearing that Simeone has been sacked by Atletico - can anyone confirm? If so...HNNNNGGGGGGGG get it done don Raul.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This idea that Pepe is a downgraded version of Iwobi is ridiculously premature. Pepe has started 8 games is it for us? He’s actually been better than people give him credit for in those games. His end product has been shocking but I don’t remember being impressed with Iwobi in this regard either plus he had 3 and a half seasons with us.

You make a good point that we’ve gotten rid of some players that would beef the squad up and would serve a purpose right now but attacking Pepe is just bizarre to me. He is the future of our attack right now and he needs to be given an opportunity on a consistent basis to see whether he’s up to the job.

I think Pepe has been underwhelming tbh but even an underwhelming Pepe has been a level above Iwobi who did nothing both in general play or in terms of stats for most of his time here.

At least Pepe has a good effect on the general play of the team, has a nice set of skills and can pick a pass. I'd love for him to step up and start producing numbers, but the whole team has been poor so can't really lay the blame at his feet for this.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arsenal wanted Maddison but he chose Leicester instead.

Never seen it reported once arsenal wanted him and Leciester seemed to get the deal done pretty quick. It probably would have been a wiser decision to go to Leciester over Arsenal but I dont remember reading anything.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Raul wasn't working at Arsenal when Klopp & Guardiola were available.

Mourinho was, but it was far from being the ideal fit or an obvious choice.

I know that Raul wasn’t working at Arsenal, Gazidis was but I can’t see any difference between both of them. Gazidis was just had a longer stint here and therefore done more questionable things but Raul is following in his path.

Mourinho would have been a short term fix and he would have at least got us back in contention for a CL spot.

We’re scrapping around for poverty options like Nuno Espirto Santo and Marcelino yet our fans didn’t want an elite manager in Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom