• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goonergaz

Yeah but it's not just Arsenal it seems all the big clubs ignore a section of players which is the same section of players Leciester, Bouremouth etc get their players from.

Rather than buying from the middle man for 80m we should be sourcing them for 10 a year before.

What could Leciester have seen in Maddison that Arsenal couldn't have. Unless they weren't scouting the championship.

Same applies for players like Pereria, Ndidi.

There are some clear examples of bad signings but if you sign 4 players and 2 of them are good and 1 later moves on for 80m surely that's good business.

We buy for 35m and sell for 20m. How we got 30m for Iwobi I will never know. First piece of decent business in a long time.

But we did, the problem is a lot were duds; Squillachi, Silva, Chamakh, Gervinho, Santos, Park, Campbell, Jekinso, Sanogo, Elneny, Perez, Asano - the list is endless.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was it just his joke during the transfer window that kicked this into gear ? :lol:
Can't remember exactly but he was giving it the big talk as usual then I responded with something like "You're probably like 5 foot tall I'd smash you".

Nothing's been the same since.:lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Because klopp and pep don't have by far the best teams in the league?
Come on. There isn't one single of our player who would start in their team. Even auba isn't a guaranteed starter.

I think the Liverpool midfield is renowned for being sub par but functional. Klopp has a way of getting the absolute maximum out of average midfielders to support his classy attack and backlines, usually through high workrate and physicality, which he also leans on his CFs for against tougher opposition to allow Mane/EgyptianMessi enough space to exploit.

Its the perfect system for the PL tbh, probably why he came here. I think when you compare just the talent levels of the Liverpool and City squads, City have better players in 2/3 positions and very few individual Pool players would make the City team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think the Liverpool midfield is renowned for being sub par but functional. Klopp has a way of getting the absolute maximum out of average midfielders to support his classy attack and backlines, usually through high workrate and physicality, which he also leans on his CFs for against tougher opposition to allow Mane/EgyptianMessi enough space to exploit.

Its the perfect system for the PL tbh, probably why he came here. I think when you compare just the talent levels of the Liverpool and City squads, City have better players in 2/3 positions and very few individual Pool players would make the City team.
Remarkable how he ripped up the template.

Elite fullbacks and wide forwards whereas your typical top side relies on an elite midfield to dominate games.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But we did, the problem is a lot were duds; Squillachi, Silva, Chamakh, Gervinho, Santos, Park, Campbell, Jekinso, Sanogo, Elneny, Perez, Asano - the list is endless.

How many of them were under 20 when we signed them. Not many. I'm talking about identifying these players early. Not looking for hidden gems who are 23-24 and haven't been discovered.

Think we as a club are hugely ignoring the championship and young players there. You may have to buy 5 duds to get one or two gems but maybe the gem you get is worth it.

Leciester bought maddison for what 10m? To buy him now your talking 60m. Or more.

They did the same with Maguire.

So you can afford to buy say a Slimani 25m and a maddison 10m and Slimani be a dud when you can flog him for 10-15m and Maddison for 60m and go again. Obviously it isn't just about making money but getting a couple of good years and move on and go again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Remarkable how he ripped up the template.

Elite fullbacks and wide forwards whereas your typical top side relies on an elite midfield to dominate games.

As bad as you think liverpool midfield is it isn't as bad as people think. Milner is efficient and a workhorse. That is what is needed in midfield. Not ronaldinho. Wijnaldum is hugely underrated and would walk into our team.

Henderson has limitations but has heart and works hard. The minimum required.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

They're not subpar MF. They're very solid players. They're just underrated because their game is less sexy than a player like Özil for instance (not a dig at him)

We just don't recognize players greatness when it doesn't fit our footballing vision imo.

And they complement each other very well.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Simeone is off the table guys, he doesn't speak English!
tenor.gif

Guy gets his point across non-verbally

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
As bad as you think liverpool midfield is it isn't as bad as people think. Milner is efficient and a workhorse. That is what is needed in midfield. Not ronaldinho. Wijnaldum is hugely underrated and would walk into our team.

Henderson has limitations but has heart and works hard. The minimum required.

Henderson is a very solid player imo. Not elite, but you know what you get from him and he doesn't have any huge flaw you need to hide.
+ he's a great leader.

He'd do us a lot of good right now.

There's more to football than just skill and raw talent.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What credible source confirmed this ? Can't remember any.
Never seen it reported once arsenal wanted him and Leciester seemed to get the deal done pretty quick. It probably would have been a wiser decision to go to Leciester over Arsenal but I dont remember reading anything.
Arsenal had been scouting Maddison for a while (even going back to his days at Coventry) and were rumored to be interested in him when at Norwich before he moved to Leicester. From what I gather he chose Leicester over us (it wasn't an issue of him costing too much).

http://dailycannon.com/2016/01/arsenal-scout-coventrys-james-maddison-report/

#MCFC> one of a number of sides, including #LFC & Arsenal – to have sent scouts to watch Coventry’s James Maddison. https://t.co/gOggfIfcNz

— AFCPressWatch™ (@AFCPressWatch) January 8, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom