• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Honestly, it’s starting to feel like we’re watching the club fall into a massive decline.

Never thought I would see the day managers would be reluctant to take the Arsenal job. I’m sure Allegri, Potch or Arteta will be here now if they wanted.

Not that I should be surprised, I predicted exactly this during the Wenger years.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How does Vieira trump Freddie? Because he has experience? Well Vieira's done fairly mediocre at both jobs he's had, at least with Freddie there's an unknown element (excluding the under 23's). It'd be weird to go with Vieira ahead of giving Freddie more time. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. I could even see Freddie being quite bitter about something like that happening. I'm sure he could understand if a top class manager comes in but Vieira? Would be a real slap in the face.

Does it really matter who we appoint?

Raul will keep messing up transfers windows.

I think any manager we hire can get us into 5-10th place for next years.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Slowly and gradually we are becoming AC Milan 2.0! Lovely stuff if happens. At least, I can easily stop watching Arsenal games for few years

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
How does Vieira trump Freddie? Because he has experience? Well Vieira's done fairly mediocre at both jobs he's had, at least with Freddie there's an unknown element (excluding the under 23's). It'd be weird to go with Vieira ahead of giving Freddie more time. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. I could even see Freddie being quite bitter about something like that happening. I'm sure he could understand if a top class manager comes in but Vieira? Would be a real slap in the face.
You could argue what more could he do since retiring. He was worked in each area for the club at City in a very similar way to Zidane but then also managed two clubs.

Freddie or Arteta might feel bitter but they have to put themselves out there more & take risks... Just being handed the Arsenal job is insane. The managers like Vieira, Lampard & Gerrard are putting their names on the line in pretty average situations.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

tenor.gif

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal DNA. Where is Mr Arsenal Tony Adam's when you need him? Or can we move onto no Arsenal DNA like we had with Wenger?

Give me a moderately successful French manager who went to Japan over a gimmicky he played for the Arsenal guy.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

But reading that it sounds like the club is a mess rather than he is the key reason for poor performance...

Perhaps the thread didn't get across what it's trying to say but I didn't read a great argument against Vieira as a manager in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom