• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This is why you’ve got to assume there’s nothing to the Vieira rumours.

This club is not that incompetent.
Ornstein said last week that he's not really highly rated in football circles and unlikely to get the job.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
My thoughts.

Ten Haag, Nagelsmann I think are hard to come.
Jorge Jesus and Marcelo Gallardo would be great options too, but they don't speak english probably.
If it is possible, Pochettino, if not I'm OK with let's say Nuno Espirito Santo, Rodgers too.
But if the club bet is Vieira, then give Freddie a chance at least.

Predicates

At this point the board should just give it to Ljungberg until the end of the season.

Poch and Allegri aren't coming, while Vieira/Nuno/Marcelino would all be unpopular choices.

Any manager worth his salt is going to need time to implement his system, so we're not getting top four this season no matter who we bring in.

Marcelino and Nuno are both good coaches, but better options will be available in May like Rodgers, Ten Hag, Rose, Marsch and Gallardo.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Scrambling for cover or giving Freddie time?

Hard to gauge which way we are taking this. The gloom in me says we are struggling. Nobody wants the job and we are unsure where to turn. I'm still backing the Norwich manager. If we are to go down the let's turn an up and coming manager into a CL manager he is the safest pair of hands in my mind.

If we want inexperience then we move for Arteta, although would be want the potential car wreck that is us as his first job?

Rodgers has sailed.

Allergi is the only "available" manager worth going for. But we havent got him which reinforces the original point, scrambling for cover.

ClubLevel

I would take Simone. Would install discipline. Would make us hard to beat. Would make us hated by every club in the league.

You might sacrifice lovely football but he would at very least make us competitive and toughen the club up. Nobody would look forward to playing Arsenal either. And he would probably win us the Europa League too.

Had enough of us being a joke club everyone laughs at.

ChefMan21

I think the board (and fans) need to recognise magic puddings and unicorns don't exist. Whoever gets appointed, no matter how many strengths they tick on our checklist, is going to need a good support staff around them. Saw somewhere that Allegri wanted to bring 9 staff with him: perhaps that's a recognition by him that they make him a better manager. It's the price you pay to get Allegri. His salary is just a recognition now of all that he has achieved by being that better manager.

This applies to the likes of Conte and Simeone right down to some manager from League One who's keen.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Another thing that we should be considering as a club is who can the next manager bring with them.

Marcelino has links to Valencia and Villareal. Are any of those players of interest to us. Probably not.

Vieira at Nice. If he is popular amongst players would any of their top players follow him if we were interested in them. Have they any worth pursuing?

Even if Rodgers came at the end of the season to raid Lecisster is impossible we wont have the money and other bigger teams will be interested.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Another thing that we should be considering as a club is who can the next manager bring with them.

Marcelino has links to Valencia and Villareal. Are any of those players of interest to us. Probably not.

Vieira at Nice. If he is popular amongst players would any of their top players follow him if we were interested in them. Have they any worth pursuing?

Even if Rodgers came at the end of the season to raid Lecisster is impossible we wont have the money and other bigger teams will be interested.

In football you rarely see managers bring their former players.

I don’t even know who is buying the players at Arsenal anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom