• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton | December 5, 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
May be we should send our women's team out they would probably do better than this lot of players.

Yea !

f767cef26d435d4cfa1b740ef4b747e0.jpg

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Auba and laca should not be starting together in this current squad. Accommodating them is taking a body away from our crap midfield who need all the help in the world filling gaps. And also takes away from our players who actually have pace and can play on the wings. Freddie knows this and if he expects to hold this interim position down he needs to be bold and drop either auba or laca. And start playing players in their natural positions.
The problem with playing them together is that our deadliest striker ends up on the wings rather than in the box. I'd be tempted to go with Auba, Martinelli and Pepe with Laca on the bench.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can you imagine De Bruyne, Sterling and Bernardo Silva if we give them the space that Brighton had today second half?

Could genuinely be another 8-2 on our hands.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Here's what will happen.
1. Fans will call for Freddie's head expecting him to do magic and the board will be pressured to rush a new appointment.

2. New manager will definetly not be top class but even if he was won't change anything immediately just like now because again can't perform magic.

3. Fans will turn on new manager and go "wHY dId we GET this frAUd?" And try to hound him out. Pressuring the board to sack him before any changes he does are actually able to take effect.

Rinse and repeat.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have been beaten badly before, had defeats in waaaaaaaay more important situations than that...but tonight just feels like ****...feel just hatred for most of these players now.

Hexagon9

There was one positive tonight - the empty seats in the stadium. If it continues, eventually meaningful action will take place.

roz

Fake News Merchant
But I thought Nuno wasn’t good enough for us?
But I thought Emery exiling Özil was the reason we were ****e?
But I thought Auba was world class.
But I thought Wenger out?

morpho

Established Member
Danger time because you can tell these players are all rock bottom confidence wise.

I think they honestly have another level but you need the right manager, an awkward chancer and a complete novice won’t pick them up.

You need someone who when he walks in the room, his d*ck has already been there five minutes. Pochettino or Allegri.

Doesnt matter, does it. The fans wont come cheering back until we have a decent run. And we wont have a decent run until the players get their 12th man backing them.
No manager would want to touch this farce we have become. Complete disconection between fans and club.
A club legend, an Invincible even, managing his first home game after he tries to rescue us and what? Half stadium empty?? A fukcing disgrace from us fans. Utter, utter disgrace!!
Mark my words... This is just the beginning.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That's what you call balance. A pacey inside forward with a full back who overlaps.

Instead we play Auba and Özil wide. This club needs a manager who will play players in positions based on their suitability for them. Not just to play them based on their shirt.

Auba and Özil are not wide players. Lacazette is not in form. Xhaka and Torreira are flawed. Auba cant play up top by himself.

Pre game we had the video of us training and playing one touch fast football around the corners. It looks great. Why did it look great? Think about the players who were involved in the session. Nelson, ESR, AMN, Pepe, Willock, Torreira, Tierney, Bellerin, Holding, Sokratis...

Half of them literally get no chance.
I'm with you on this. The configuration of the team definitely needs some more thought at the moment rather than just not rocking the boat because you dont wanna drop the big boys. It's not just about flinging the young players in without care either. Willock had serious problems in the system today, both individually and as a function within the collective. It has to be about achieving a balance.

Weve got West Ham on Monday then Liege on Thursday. Given most of this team is gonna play v West Ham, I hope Ljungberg gives us a Nelson-Martinelli-Pepe front 3 v Liege with ESR behind them and AMN in midfield. That's some pace and energy as well as tech and cutting edge in there. Just want to see how it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom