• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Aubameyang, Lacazette, Özil, Ceballos, Torreira, Xhaka will all be gone next summer. That’s half the first team.

New manager will get a clean slate, who can do the best job rebuilding job for us?

I’m starting to think Allegri is not it, and he will refuse us anyway. Pochettino probably doesn’t want another rebuilding job unless he’s hell bent on taking revenge. ten Hag has elite clubs after him. The likes of Nuno, Marcelino, Raul’s old pals are so boring.

I don‘t know anymore what to think...
Realistically we're probably 2 managers from returning to anything near proper Arsenal form. Very few managers can build and win trophies. I think we're looking at someone to lay a foundation to return us to being able to function like a basic professional club again before someone else comes in to take the baton and truly put a stamp on us unfortunately. This is going to take years. :(

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You look at the transfer fees & wages the players are on o_O. Stan is **** but the rest cant get a pass. Its a poor unbalanced squad with what seems like an incredibly weak mentality.
They are all here because of him, down to the last ball boy and coffee seller. He is the owner. He is incapable of running a "soccer" club. He doesn't understand or love the sport. Therefore he should leave. He is not wanted and he cannot succeed. It will end in tears.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I just don’t get the point in going on about ‘in wengers worst season blah blah blah’ ?? What does it actually achieve?? He had to leave eventually I don’t understand this.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

seems he's pretty intent on seeing out this sabbatical year, but if he doesn't take this job all these English lessons might be for nothing

Not necessarily, Everton will be available after they inevitably sack Moyes in March.

Reactions: A_G

Wilshero

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Graham Potter as our next coach. Been following him since his early years at Östersund. He is great at both building teams and building players. He beat us with Östersund with a squad consisting of outcasts and players deemed not good enough for the Swedish first division. He is a great tactician, a visionary and always plays good football.

Apart from the footballing aspect he is also a very sympathetic person, almost in a Wenger-esque manner.

Hopefully we take a punt on him instead of one of these old washed out hasbeens.

Godwin1

Very well-known
A bigger problem now is that the club is run by a guy who is a marketing man. Raul was questionable at Barcelona too, wasted a lot of money.
It's a given that our hierarchy are incompetent. And we have a massive rebuild needed with our current squad. I can see elite managers queuing up for this one.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Realistically we're probably 2 managers from returning to anything near proper Arsenal form. Very few managers can build and win trophies. I think we're looking at someone to lay a foundation to return us to being able to function like a basic professional club again before someone else comes in to take the baton and truly put a stamp on us unfortunately. This is going to take years. :(
I don‘t mind not winning for a few (more) years if I‘m seeing a plan, a vision. Unfortunately we‘re still far away from that.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I just don’t get the point in going on about ‘in wengers worst season blah blah blah’ ?? What does it actually achieve?? He had to leave eventually I don’t understand this.

We all wanted see him to leave Arsenal that season so badly and we now look like relegation team.

Probably all want to say that he did very well even in his decline.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Our midfield is so weak and unbalanced.

The only kind of MF we do have, all they can ****ing do, is to turn around themselves 3 times before making a pass to the CB or a lateral pass.
The opposing team have time to get back and get organized while smoking a cigare. :lol:
We have no MF in the squad who can run with the ball and put pressure on the opponent.
We have no MF who can make a difference in midfield that can translate into a shot.

No wonder why we can't create from open play.

And they have no impact on defense. We have the weakest MF in raw athleticism. They're just scared by the intensity of the opposing MF. They can't match it.

Evra's quote has never been that right: ""It was 11 men against 11 babies".
But now, it's every single game. :frustrated:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Be manager at Arsenal nowdays

sisifo.jpg

If I were Sisyphus, I'd prefer to keep pushing that boulder. At least you know once it hits rock bottom, you can roll it to the top before it goes down again. That's not the case with Arsenal :lol::lol:

Godwin1

Very well-known
Honestly, I wouldn't mind Graham Potter as our next coach. Been following him since his early years at Östersund. He is great at both building teams and building players. He beat us with Östersund with a squad consisting of outcasts and players deemed not good enough for the Swedish first division. He is a great tactician, a visionary and always plays good football.

Apart from the footballing aspect he is also a very sympathetic person, almost in a Wenger-esque manner.

Hopefully we take a punt on him instead of one of these old washed out hasbeens.
If we're going to get a manager that fulfills everyone's criteria on here then it is going to have to be someone from left field. The so called elite guys aren't coming here unless there is a massive shift in the club hierarchy.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don‘t mind not winning for a few (more) years if I‘m seeing a plan, a vision. Unfortunately we‘re still far away from that.
I agree. I'm ok with a young, exciting, hungry time like Ajax or the Monaco of a couple of years ago that offers some thrills while going through growing pains and maybe overachieves a bit. The academy seems in a strong place and signings like Martinelli and hopefully Saliba are promising. Just need a proper manager to nurture it and to clear out everyone who doesn't take the shirt seriously.

Revolution

Crying out for a manager who can organise. The defence and midfield should be priority at this moment. I don't know how Xhaka is still in the match day squad.

Benitez would be the sensible choice for a mid-season fix.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger is gone it been 2 years the club make so many wrong decisions the players feeling way too comfertable it was always going to get worse before getting better so it's time for the club to wake up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
With guys like Allegri you feel they take the job when they want and not when the clubs require. On their terms.

Pellegrini said something similar, that Rodgers or Nuno should not leave their clubs mid season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom