• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Faded big time. Bad last 30m tbh

He doesnt have the on the ball quality to justify the fact he has no legs, pace or any athleticism.

Sloppy at things he used to do effortlessly

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
You really can't fault one player the entire team look bad
True, but I think all the other players are getting smashed tonight, so why not Mesut as well? He's our highest earner and many thought we would be a much better team with him, and we haven't won a game in the 6 that he's started. All criticism, if fair, is valid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
True, but I think all the other players are getting smashed tonight, so why not Mesut as well? He's our highest earner and many thought we would be a much better team with him, and we haven't won a game in the 6 that he's started. All criticism, if fair, is valid.
In my opinion Özil didn't do something positive apart from the assist instead unlike mesut his passing today look off

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think he's tried but he's not an impact player at the highest level anymore. He's just sort of running around out there aimlessly. Gone are the incisive passes and cheeky turns. He looks like he's aged a decade in the last couple of years. Now part of it certainly is that what is happening behind him is so dire but part of it is also just that he's past it and he offers too little outside of the odd pass(not even assists anymore) versus what he costs in his lack of athleticism. It's sad to watch. I think he should go abroad not just for the benefit of the club but for himself while he can still offer something in one of those leagues. The PL is too much for him now though, clearly. Last year at Leicester was his swan song.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I've always liked Özil. I think he's received lots of unfair criticism. He was integral to ending our trophy drought.

However, he's had a run of games, and he's not shown enough. No point freezing him out, cause we've not got better, but I'd be happy for him to be part of the clear out now.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I love Özil. But he’s not a talisman deserving of $350k per week. He’s currently better than our other options too.

blaze_of_glory

This will be his last season here regardless. Just hope he and the rest of the team can improve from here on out.

Divided_Pie

Didn't watch the game, but it looked like Willock started at #10 and Özil was pushed wide again? And Willock was terrible and Özil "invisible?"

Can't say much since I haven't seen the game (didn't see the last one either) but just on paper I hate Willock at #10 and I hate Özil played wide. Freddie obviously is a fan of Willock but why not play him at #8?

Gooner_girl14

Didn't watch the game, but it looked like Willock started at #10 and Özil was pushed wide again? And Willock was terrible and Özil "invisible?"

Can't say much since I haven't seen the game (didn't see the last one either) but just on paper I hate Willock at #10 and I hate Özil played wide. Freddie obviously is a fan of Willock but why not play him at #8?

Started like that, yes. Second half he played more central. And Willock was absolutely shocking and fluffed his chance for a goal (if only Auba was central and not him) and broke down our plays a couple of times with terrible passing. Not sure what Freddie is seeing in him to push Özil out wide because he's no better at pressing/defending right now.

Özil didn't do a whole lot but in open play we are horrible. Players not on the same wavelength at all, and of course we have no midfield. Özil will always have a target on his back because of his exorbinant wages, which is fair enough. That being said, Özil's set pieces the last couple of games (and of course our strikers) have been the only reason we're even scoring goals...

clovis

Apart from the first half of 2015-16, he has always been **** for Arsenal. No amount of revisionism and straw clutching by his ass lickers can change that.

The guy was finished when Madrid booted him out and we got conned into buying him. A complete flop.

one of the biggest cowards i have seen at the club. So lethargic and uninspiring. Emery was 100% right to freeze him out.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Luxury player. The way he plays he needs to do much more offensively to make up his presence in the XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom