• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton | December 5, 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
How the **** can any of you look at the precipitous downfall of every aspect of our game after Wenger left and still point to him as the problem.

Clear as day he was the one and only piece keeping it all together.
Can't agree with that at all. We were finishing further and further away. For the years prior to that, you could argue he was keeping us together, but that's something we wont ever know.

Not saying this is his fault by any stretch, but I wouldn't lose any sleep and I can accept the Wenger fairytale turning into a nightmare pretty easily, as it's just a game at the end of the day. I don't know why people get so emotional when it's suggested Wenger may have started this mess. People are entitled to that opinion without it being seen as sacrilege; a decent case can be made for the end of Wengers reign having an impact on where we find ourselves now. We wont ever know for sure, but it's not mental to hold that opinion.

I dont even know why his name is spoken of anyway... Can anyone shed light on that?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We created nothing going forward in first half. Defensively positionally we were very good and kept our shape very well until we conceded that goal then we lost our shape and were all over the place defensively from then on.

In the second half bringing on a dribbler in Pepe change for dynamic of the game. Not only was Pepe running that but the likes of Bellerin and Özil (who were anonymous in first half) came to life and were full confidence playing well for about a 20 minute period. The goal against the run of played killed off our momentum and that was that.

Kola, Torreira, Xhaka worked very hard and played well. Pepe was a big positive impact when he came on and Tierney looked lively to.

I am hoping to see Luiz and Özil dropped for the next match.

Last edited:

protocal354

Nelson------------------------------------------Pepe
-—-----------------Lacazette------------------
---------Guendozi--—-------ESR-------------------- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Torreira-------------------
Tierney---Sokratis----Chambers----AMN
--------------------Leno/Martinez--------------
I know we should play AMN in midfield but we need pace in our full back positions. AMN isn't the best but he's our best option right now and I'd prefer chambers as CB while holding gets up to pace with things. Think we should try laca as a false 9/target man to bring midfield into attack while he holds up play. Auba can't do that. Also laca will drop back in defensive situations to add a body in the midfield. Think there is more balance to the team with this selection.

And Torreira sitting not pushing forward hardly as he does for his national team. Just cutting passing lanes. He and guendouzi are willing to drop back and show for the ball. With ESR and Nelson also capable of forming passing triangles.

I have edited this as I realised I had 12 players in my formation. That hopefully would help too lol

Once in a defensive phase you would have a line of 4 at the back with a shield of Guendouzi, Torreira and ESR. And then Nelson and Pepe also dropping in but staying compact. With laca also dropping in and doing a lot of the pressing initially. The team would need to stay tight in the middle and force teams to play wide or around our compactness. And press opposition hard when they try to go around or direct to wide positions. We would conserve more energy and press when required to do so.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not disagreeing with you about that yes league got more competitive but team we have should really win against Wolves Crystal Palace Southampton and Brighton at home not take 3 points from 12 even midtable teams do better

In theory it should but only when it's on top form. This league is unforgiving and we have see City in 3rd gear getting beat.

We are playing in reverse with a much worse team.

We are in a terrible mess and there is no getting out of this. I am grateful I seen arsenal win a few leagues but I dare say I may struggle again to see it. This club is realistically closer to getting relegated than winning a league.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
5 points above relegation. On the bright side, we can have a chance to being invincibles again in the Championship next season.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Sell them all!

Lacazette,Aubameyang, Özil, Bellerin, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Luiz, Sokratis...

Leno
Atal Saliba Upamecano Tierney
Torreira Guendouzi Zielinski
Pepe Håland Martinelli

Just something new, something hungry ,something to lean on blow kiss fiiiiire gun

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We created nothing going forward in first half. Defensively positionally we were very good and kept our shape very well until we conceded that goal then we lost our shape and were all over the place defensively from then on.

In the second half bringing on a dribbler in Pepe change for dynamic of the game. Not only was Pepe running that but the likes of Bellerin and Özil (who were anonymous in first half) came to life and were full confidence playing well for about a 20 minute period. The gooal against thebrun of played killed off our momentum and that was that.

Kola, Torreira, Xhaka worked very hard and played well. Pepe was a big positive impact when he came on and Tierney looked lively to.

I am hoping to see Luiz and Özil dropped for the next match.

Mate are you ok? :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In theory it should but only when it's on top form. This league is unforgiving and we have see City in 3rd gear getting beat.

We are playing in reverse with a much worse team.

We are in a terrible mess and there is no getting out of this. I am grateful I seen arsenal win a few leagues but I dare say I may struggle again to see it. This club is realistically closer to getting relegated than winning a league.
Winning the league won't happen ever again the team is bad it need to much changes from top to bottom. So maybe our kids will be lucky once to see this team back competitive

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Freddie says the players are low on confidence. He says the players need to start each game like we did the second half. He says we were flat and had no energy due to the absence of confidence. He wouldn't say he wanted the job permanently lol. Just get Allegri and at least we might defend. Dixon and Aluko's analysis is pretty brutal. She says this situation is beyond Ljungberg.

OSBK

Established Member
Terrible result.

First half was shocking, wrong tactics and the players were terrible.

Second half we started well and although we looked fragile at the back there were moments where the front 4 combined well. Laca went off and Özil stayed on, as soon as that happened brighton took control. The team folded and we conceeded and like southampton we probably were lucky not to conceed more.

Leno- 8 some great saves
Bellerin- 6 some glimpes of the old bellerin but both good and bad parts.
Luiz- 3 crap
Sok- crap
Kola-6 poor first half, driving force the second
Xhaka- 5 his passing and touches were good, his positioning was terrible.
Torrira- 6 better than normal, however he shouldnt be in the final 3rd
Willock- 3 this situation is too big for him. He might be a good player but under this pressure we need experince.
Özil- 4 15mins in the 2nd half he turned up and did well. Aside from that did nothing.
Auba- 5 first half 2 crosses and we had 2 great chances to score. 2nd half was poor, had a chance when put through and shouldve done better.
Laca- 6 good goal. Wrong decision to take him off.

Subs-

Pepe- 7 gave us a big life. Dangerous and had the brighton defence on toast.
Martinelli- 6 unlucky not to score. Like willock, this pressure envoirment is not good for his devolopment.
Teirney- 5 not much impact

Freddie- 3 got it wrong from the start, got the guys fighting second half but we lost our way due to his subs.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And apart from Willock pressing ahead of Lacazette and then just jogging back, Torreira was tossed about like a play thing.

There was only really Xhaka of any substance in midfield, and for once he had a decent game, but was completely over-run.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

These days? We depressed since like 2016 it only getting worse

Even in the peak Wenger years this club has dealt in heartbreak.

Even when we won the league unbeaten we still crashed out of the CL in the most brutal way.

Every season I’ve been a fan there’s been at least one traumatic loss I still remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom