• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We all wanted see him to leave Arsenal that season so badly and we now look like relegation team.

Probably all want to say that he did very well even in his decline.
Ok great. We still finished outside of the top 4 with him too. I genuinely never hounded him out either & I really love Arsène but I don’t understand point scoring over mediocrity. It’s been terrible for 5 years, arguing over who is more bad seems extremely pointless

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Do we even have world class young talent?

Nelson, Willock, Saka, Maitland Niles they have all been poor none of them have impressed.

Ajax De Jong and De Ligt were similar age and running the show.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I agree. I'm ok with a young, exciting, hungry time like Ajax or the Monaco of a couple of years ago that offers some thrills while going through growing pains and maybe overachieves a bit. The academy seems in a strong place and signings like Martinelli and hopefully Saliba are promising. Just need a proper manager to nurture it and to clear out everyone who doesn't take the shirt seriously.
Saliba is going to save us now. Always that elusive player or manager just round the corner....

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If I were William Saliba I'd be on the phone to my lawyer first thing in the morning to find a loophole in the contract I signed. No way would I want to come into this mess!!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Crying out for a manager who can organise. The defence and midfield should be priority at this moment. I don't know how Xhaka is still in the match day squad.

Benitez would be the sensible choice for a mid-season fix.
fbl-eng-pr-west-ham-everton-5c9f34bca28666ab65000001.jpg

Beast Incarnate

Who on earth would want to be part of this mess? Unless a manager is promised a big budget to overhaul the squad, I see no reason at all why any ambitious manager would join us.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Saliba is going to save us now. Always that elusive player or manager just round the corner....

Didn't say he was going to save it. He'll be f*cked as well without a partner even if he is as good as we hope. What I said which was quite clear I think was that the likes of Martinelli and hopefully Saliba are solid young signings who will help us turn things around if they're under proper stewardship.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ok great. We still finished outside of the top 4 with him too. I genuinely never hounded him out either & I really love Arsène but I don’t understand point scoring over mediocrity. It’s been terrible for 5 years, arguing over who is more bad seems extremely pointless
I get dragged into these conversations in reply to people blaming Wenger for what is happening today, which is ridiculous.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Didn't say he was going to save it. He'll be f*cked as well without a partner even if he is as good as we hope. What I said which was quite clear I think was that the likes of Martinelli and hopefully Saliba are solid young signings who will help us turn things around if they're under proper stewardship.
Comment is not specifically geared at your comment. All around the board people are putting their tuppence as to who is going to be our saviour. There are no saviours. It's our set-up which is wrong and tinkering with the service won't solve that.

Wilshero

If we're going to get a manager that fulfills everyone's criteria on here then it is going to have to be someone from left field. The so called elite guys aren't coming here unless there is a massive shift in the club hierarchy.
Yeah, that seems like the way forward. The current elite managers won't be given the funds they require. We need someone used to over performing.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Comment is not specifically geared at your comment. All around the board people are putting their tuppence as to who is going to be our saviour. There are no saviours. It's our set-up which is wrong and tinkering with the service won't solve that.
Quite right. No one person is going to fix this except maybe Kroenke by selling.

Predicates

This team is absolutely rotten, so much deadwood that needs to be cleared out. Emery was chastised for months by the fans, but it wasn't his fault that Raul blew the budget on an unproven winger from Ligue 1, and brought in only an error-prone 32-year old from Chelsea to plug the biggest weakness in our squad.

That being said, I think the biggest issue at the moment is confidence. If we can string together a few good results then hopefully we can be in better spirits for when the knockout stages of the Europa League begin, because that's going to be our only route into the Champions League until next year.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
get in Vieira as head coach, hire Henry to coach forwards and Tony Adams to coach defence - nothing to lose and the training sessions would be more fun to watch than the games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom