• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenio Venger

Don't we have a fitness issue in the squad?

I mean it's like we're not playing the same sports as our opponents. We only could play with intensity for no more than 10/15 min per HT.
After the equalizer we were so much more dynamic. Bellerin and laca have made 2 great tackles around their box and it got us 2 goalscoring opportunities.
But then that was it. We were slow af. Always walking back. We looked washed ultimately until we've conceded the 2nd goal.

It's like we're not fit enough 2 play at high tempo for at least 70/80 minutes.

emery tired them out for the season with his bullshit triathlon training sessions

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Can't wait for whoever comes in to be instantly hounded by the fans when the results doesn't immediately come which will be inevitable.

protocal354

We need a coach who will be able to be great at man management and getting the best out of players. I think Rodgers is probably the best candidate at doing so and possibly Luis Enrique as he has a bit of charisma to him, Nagelsmann too but we would have to wait until summer. Allegri could also potentially do a good job. Other than that maybe Poch but that is a long shot. I think Freddie will need to persist and try to find the right balance of for the team till then. Once we've found the right balance and formula we need to build on from that and then try to sort out our weaknesses in January by spending on key areas. Like CBs, RB, DM, Wingers etc. Even if its a loan we need to do some business and start taking out underperformers or sell them if at all possible.

isop

A young girl who was there with her dad asked him why do they play so slow, I just looked at my brother and said even kids understand it, sadly the people at the club dont seem to

Similar thing happened with my dad who's a Man U fan, during Wenger's last season or just before I can't remember. He said why are they playing so slowly? We were watching a match and I told him the style of play was too laboured, too much sideways and backwards passing, struggling to break down defences, being predictable to play against etc., it had been going on for years really.

Although he's not a football newcomer but a dedicated football fan who watches a lot of games from different teams, even as an opposition fan he recognized that something was not right with the way we play. December 2019 and its still the same :eek:ops:

Last edited:

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Whoever gets the job we need to get behind and support them....no one is going to come in and turn us into a top team straight of the bat, its gonna require time
I admire your optimism but this won't happen given our fans. Just look at Freddie and how he's been treated already to get a sneak peek for things to come.

Last edited:

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I would like to see someone who knows how to work with youngsters, I think Arsenal is a team with a lot of young talent and could get even more talented young players, players between 18 and 23 with the potential to be world class in two or three years.

ChefMan21

The worse we go, the higher the likelihood we'll try to find a magic pudding and unicorn manager, increasing the probability of failure by that manager. They don't exist.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The worse we go, the higher the likelihood we'll try to find a magic pudding and unicorn manager, increasing the probability of failure by that manager. They don't exist.
The only real way to turn this around is to back the next manager. Which the board won't do. Get used to 8th place finishes because we'll be lucky if we can even do that. We sat on our money 7 years ago and look where it got us. So much for Wenger's promise of leaving this club in a position to compete at the highest level, that was a lie too.

TinFish

HaffBR we do not need youngsters. We need established players to come in and sort the mess we are in.

We got one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight M’s in our bank account, yeah (oh god) in our bank account, yeah (oh god).

We need to go out there and spend the ****ing money on anyone who is a significant upgrade on our weak areas. I fear that we will be a Liverpool phase for a few years before they managed to eventually make everything ‘click.’

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
HaffBR we do not need youngsters. We need established players to come in and sort the mess we are in.

We got one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight M’s in our bank account, yeah (oh god) in our bank account, yeah (oh god).

We need to go out there and spend the ****ing money on anyone who is a significant upgrade on our weak areas. I fear that we will be a Liverpool phase for a few years before they managed to eventually make everything ‘click.’
8 Million doesn't buy much though.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Sokratis, Luiz, Auba, Lacazette, Özil, Xhaka the list goes on. Those are experienced players.

We need players with heart. See this popular social media players get rid. These players on millions of pounds sponsorship deals out.

Said it before but you look at teams like Sheffield United. No big time Charlie's or social media footballers. They look like honest hardworking footballers who have enough pride in themselves to put in a shift.

Arsenal for the last 10 years has been standing still. Accepting 4th. Loser mentality that every other club laughed at. Oh dont sign for Arsenal you only have to come 4th to win a trophy in their eyes.

That was the mentality that killed this club.

We are royalty Donald ducked. Never seen it worse. I just wonder how we managed that unbeaten run last season and although finishing bad doing half ok. This season terrible.

Arsenal have no choice than to throw money at the problem and I doubt they will do that. Whatever money is in the bank they need to spend it now dont care if they have to spend 100m on Lewis Dunk and another centre back of that ilk. I don't even think hes good but hes a damn sight better than what we have.

TinFish

It’s true we are in a situation where the cash needs to be splashed.

Will we do it? No. Maybe one marquee signing if someone wants to come... otherwise we are ****ed. We could be in this phase of mediocrity for decades to come.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It’s true we are in a situation where the cash needs to be splashed.

Will we do it? No. Maybe one marquee signing if someone wants to come... otherwise we are ****ed. We could be in this phase of mediocrity for decades to come.
Assuming we have cash to splash... Our owners don't put a cent into us..

roz

Fake News Merchant
We need a real hard ass manager. No more indulging in these soft, heartless players we have.
A no nonsense manager without a massive ego. let them learn by example.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Mediocre was always just around the corner for us. Wenger over achieved with a bunch of cowboys. When we needed just an extra 50-60m spent in the right areas we signed Petr Cech.

When we needed that lucky break to sign a couple of decent players to kick us on we signed Mustafi and Xhaka.

For many years we were just a couple of quality signings to keep going but we failed.

We continue to buy attacking players, not because we truly need them but because we are reactive and they become available. We also happen to be the best option for them as no bigger club wants them so that's why they end up here. Not because it's their first choice, but instead their only option.

That is why we haven't signed a top drawer centre back. Because they top drawer ones get snapped up by big clubs so we are left to search for the next best alternative under a certain budget. Which again shows how we are run like an amateur club.

We sign players who are not mobile in a league which demands you to be quick and strong.

Henderson and Milner haven't blistering pace but Milner doesnt stop running. His engine is phenomenal. Wijnaldum is no slouch. Fabinho covers ground Vieria-esque with his big stride.

It's easy to pick the best club but they literally have what we dont. Quick fullbacks not just with body but with mind. TAA corner against Barca was all about being alert and awake. When are players are at set pieces they are slow lethargic.

I dont know what I want to achieve by dissecting our bad decisions and flaws but maybe this is part of the bereavement counselling or something.

I honestly feel like what teams like newcastle etc just disappointment year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom