• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Credit where it is due, he was good tonight. Much more quicker with his passes and in his mind. One of only 2 players (along with Leno) who you could say had a decent game. Had to make that silly mistake at the end though, which means an error isn't too far away.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Really guys? He played a 6 out of 10.
One of our better players today sure but man, the guys games range from 4/10 to 6/10. Forever average (not awful before anyone says im calling him ****)

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He was our best midfielder today but he got caught on the ball and it almost led to a goal just like what happened at Norwich. He can have a fantastic game but I will never trust this guy in my team

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think he had decent game still we need better midfield you can't have midfield that need one pass to bypass them

roz

Fake News Merchant
Really not wanting to constantly criticise Xhaka but the guy never wants the ball. Never moves into space. Only ever does when there isnt a player near him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Imagine having the benefit of seeing what you've written before posting it and still doing this on the back of this result and that error. :rofl:
Sorry? Can you be more clear please, I dont fully get what you're saying here :lol:

What I said isn't anything more than just this individual performance. He has been terrible this season and has had a bad Arsenal career. I'm just saying he had a very good game.. that mistake at the end is what everyone is gonna remember (and I'd usually see why) but the amount of times he cut out passes, made great tackles, and played nice forward passes was impressive.

Sometimes you gotta call it how you see it.

ptrcopp

In possession he was brilliant last night. He recycled the ball well, he made some great switches, attempted long balls forward and beat the press well with his strength and movement.

Defence was mixed. He cut a lot out and made some good tackles and some vital interceptions. But he still dived in a little too much (was beaten a couple of times because of it) and he a vacated his position a couple of times too which allowed a counter.

That said it was a mich better performance. He looks like the only player with some confidence atm

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Brilliant game in every aspect. Looks fresh and confident and helped Torreira getting back in the squad.
After this game, don't think Douzi will start anytime soon and nobody can complain about it

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m not a football expert so I’m prob missing something

but why do these coaches love Xhaka it’s like he’s Undroppable and I really can’t see why?

he’s survived Wenger, Emery, will most certainly outlast Freddie too it’s just one of the strangest mysteries of football. I mean he’s got a nice left peg I guess? But he’s been here how many years and I’ve never been impressed what’s the deal - someone please explain this to me?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

but why do these coaches love Xhaka it’s like he’s Undroppable and I really can’t see why?

he’s survived Wenger, Emery, will most certainly outlast Freddie too it’s just one of the strangest mysteries of football. I mean he’s got a nice left peg I guess? But he’s been here how many years and I’ve never been impressed what’s the deal - someone please explain this to me?
Dude he was good last night. Even his staunchest critics are admitting this and here you are asking the ENTIRE footballing world including greats like Wenger why he's being played... Any other game I'd be backing you but he was genuinely good last night.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Because he's undroppable compared to our other midfielders? He'll be droppable if we get better midfielders, but...........

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Dude he was good last night. Even his staunchest critics are admitting this and here you are asking the ENTIRE footballing world including greats like Wenger why he's being played... Any other game I'd be backing you but he was genuinely good last night.
Yesterday aside, I want to know wha gwan for the x amount of years he’s been here.

what is it about him? Isit cause he has a serious face on in training or? Help me understand.

Granted I’ve probably picked the wrong day to ask this since he’s put a MOTM performance in our 2-1 loss and all.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Positioning

Even when the haterz were screaming their loudest he pulled Numbers/stats like any other cm/dm

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yesterday aside, I want to know wha gwan for the x amount of years he’s been here.

what is it about him? Isit cause he has a serious face on in training or? Help me understand.

Granted I’ve probably picked the wrong day to ask this since he’s put a MOTM performance in our 2-1 loss and all.
Hence, why I admit on any other day I agree

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Despite the ****show result and performance last night, I think he had a good performance with some quicker passes and hardly made a wrong pass. That loss of possession at the end was down to him being gassed out.

It might have gone unnoticed, but I think the fans did a a good job supporting him last night. In first few minutes of the game, whenever he passed or released the ball, there were audible cheers/applause, which probably helped Xhaka to gain confidence and grow into the game.

I think he was well aware of that and it was visible at the end of a match as he stood on the pitch, while the rest were heading to dressing room, it seemed like he was reflecting on his experience post Palace match.

progman07

Established Member
Brilliant game in every aspect. Looks fresh and confident and helped Torreira getting back in the squad.
After this game, don't think Douzi will start anytime soon and nobody can complain about it
Not briliant in every aspect though. We are getting countered so easily when Xhaka is playing, because of his lack of pace and the turning speed of a truck on ice, but I agree he did his best, and on the ball he was vey good.

CJJ

Established Member

He has some positive things that often go unnoticed, his passing game is underrated and despite what some says, he does have great positining.
Watch this video, pretty much sums up why all managers he's ever trained under has liked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom