• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

DasBootist

It's still too early to write him off. He's made a terrible start but it has only been 2 games. The problem being we're at a crucial part of the season and are falling far behind the top four.

I'm holding back the tears for now.

Joestlaachmkr

The 2 latest results would've been largely the same regardless who would've been brought in. Having a top class manager ready now is asking for the impossible so what your'e saying is basically you would have kept Emery for now.
The key for any manager is to get the very best out of the players you have and i doubt if Freddie can manage that in the same way as a top class manager who is about on the same level as Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola is. If the board had agreed a deal with either Allegri, Enrique, Pochettino or Mourinho before they sacked Emery, then we wouldn`t have had this issue now.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

The key for any manager is to get the very best out of the players you have and i doubt if Freddie can manage that in the same way as a top class manager who is about on the same level as Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola is. If the board had agreed a deal with either Allegri, Enrique, Pochettino or Mourinho before they sacked Emery, then we wouldn`t have had this issue now.
Im the short term no manager would have gotten anything from these games not Klopp or Pep, it's too short of a timespan for it. Mourinho is absolute garbage nowadays and he's a c*nt as well, forget him. The board wouldn't have been able to get any of the managers ready to step in even if they wanted to at this moment so basically Emery should have stayed for now in your opinion.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Win yesterday wouldn't change anything but changing the way we play could change the rest of our season.
I think he realized that he needs Pepe magic on the right and the midfield duo of Torreira/Xhaka looked to be the best we have and both players played really well there. For me, that's worth more than 3 points.
The team had a really good second half and it's a shame we didn't start with the same formation.

We need to win EL, that was the priority from day 1 of Ljungberg's manager career here, not chasing shadows in PL where we are simply too far behind.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He’s still a novice and is making questionable decisions. He was never going to get the job permanently but a couple of wins might have seen the club take it slowly while looking for a permanent manager. I doubt that happens now. I’d be surprised if we don’t have someone in place by the end of next week.

The trouble for him as an interim is people will continue to be frustrated while there’s nobody identified for the role permanently, especially with results not improving. Nobody likes uncertainty and that’s where we are are at the moment.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Making very obvious errors. Still not on board with this. Relegation battle incoming

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Making very obvious errors. Still not on board with this. Relegation battle incoming
Pray do tell what the obvious errors are and how you would fix them?
We have an absolutely garbage squad.. THERE IS NO UNICORN MANAGER THAT CAN FIX THIS!

North5

Pray do tell what the obvious errors are and how you would fix them?
We have an absolutely garbage squad.. THERE IS NO UNICORN
PMANAGER THAT CAN FIX THIS!

starting Özil on the left, Auba on the right, dropping pepe and starting joe at AM ( didn't work when tried before and making the same "press high" mistake nonsense ) then panicking and brining on pepe at half time.

Dropping chambers and keeping the chuckle brothers together.

Those are some very obvious errors , the fact he panicked at half time to change them and we still lost shows they are obvious errors.

Doesn't take a magical unicorn manager to play the several quality wide players we have wide , our leading scorer up front and put the best 10 at 10...

Last edited:

North5

o_O:facepalm::rofl:Sorry, who?

Players that can provide actual wide play. If you can't see any of those in the squad then I can't help you out there mate.

Freddie is already ****ting the bed with his line ups and the way he sets up. Not like he arrived here yesterday.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Players that can provide actual wide play. If you can't see any of those in the squad then I can't help you out there mate.
Was laughing at the fact that you used the word Quality. Shows your delusion... We have no quality in this squad that is the problem!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Name one player that would get into any of our rivals first teams? We don't have any. People rant and rave about PEA but fact is he isn't an elite level striker. Leno is the best we have an I wouldn't call him elite.
But by all means, keep up the delusion. It will only end in more heart break. We're now onto the third manager where everyone is blaming the manager and ignoring the fact that we have an absolute poverty side to work with..

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

starting Özil on the left, Auba on the right, dropping pepe and starting joe at AM ( didn't work whe
Doesn't take a magical unicorn manager to play the several quality wide players we have wide , our leading scorer up front and put the best 10 at 10...
We tried this after half time and we still conceded. Maybe a sign that our current problems is beyond our lineup amd manager at the moment?

North5

Name one player that would get into any of our rivals first teams? We don't have any. People rant and rave about PEA but fact is he isn't an elite level striker. Leno is the best we have an I wouldn't call him elite.
But by all means, keep up the delusion. It will only end in more heart break. We're now onto the third manager where everyone is blaming the manager and ignoring the fact that we have an absolute poverty side to work with..

I'm sure 95% of people here knew Özil and Auba wide with Joe at 10 was going to be ****... and it was... and he panicked... the first half was somehow worse than Emery ball.

He's already shtting the bed.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm sure 95% of people here knew Özil and Auba wide with Joe at 10 was going to be ****... and it was... and he panicked...

He's already shtting the bed.
So you wanted Auba central which would have put our only goal scorer on the bench. Interesting logic.. Auba has been pants for a while now. But you keep believing that putting anyone of Saka/Martinelli/Pepe on either wing would offer HB or Kola more protection..

North5

We tried this after half time and we still conceded. Maybe a sign that our current problems is beyond our lineup amd manager at the moment?

But our attack was better. The fact he's been here the whole season and then decided on this line up, despite it not working last week either is pretty discouraging.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Not really the point is it? We actually scored and looked like scoring on more than one occasion after those changes.

North5

So you wanted Auba central which would have put our only goal scorer on the bench. Interesting logic.. Auba has been pants for a while now. But you keep believing that putting anyone of Saka/Martinelli/Pepe on either wing would offer HB or Kola more protection..

Like the mighty defensive engine room wide men of Özil and Auba? With the attacking Maestro Joe at number 10?

Why are people so staunchly defending his **** choices? The guy panicked at half time and changed it...

I love Freddie the player, but Freddie as the manager he's been utterly uninspired so far considering he's not remotely new to the set up.

We are 5pts above the relegation zone and if this freefall continues, we will go down as the so called lesser premier league teams have more fight and backbone to stay in the top flight.
This is the worst football I have seen played since the last days of Bertie Mee.

Top Bottom