• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

But our attack was better. The fact he's been here the whole season and then decided on this line up, despite it not working last week either is pretty discouraging.
Not really the point is it? We actually scored and looked like scoring on more than one occasion after those changes.
For like 20 minutes maybe, and I'd say that was more because of Freddie giving them a kick up their arse at half time. After we couldn't capitalize on it we fell apart and looked the same as in the first half.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Doesn't take a magical unicorn manager to play the several quality wide players we have wide , our leading scorer up front and put the best 10 at 10...
Yes, but if he would win like he started, everybody would say hes a tactical genius. Our managers don't want simple solutions and easy wins, better make it hard for themselves and look good if it works.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Like the mighty defensive engine room wide men of Özil and Auba? With the attacking Maestro Joe at number 10?

Why are people so staunchly defending his **** choices? The guy panicked at half time and changed it...
That isn't what I am doing at all. I've been quite clear in saying we haven't got the squad capable.. It doesn't matter who the manager is. See you again in ten years when you finally figure that out..

Ashybashy86

He has so much to learn, and evidently hasn't learned from Emery's mistakes.
- I don't like Sokratis, but our defending has been significantly worse since Luiz arrived.
- Auba on the right and Özil on the left is a waste. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
- I think Torreira/Xhaka is the best midfield pairing we have atm.
- Martinelli isn't a natural winger, but is perhaps the best option on the left. He's such a nuisance for defenders, and gets into dangerous areas.

Freddie is simply going to have to try something different if he wants a different result.

progman07

Established Member
Like the mighty defensive engine room wide men of Özil and Auba? With the attacking Maestro Joe at number 10?

Why are people so staunchly defending his **** choices? The guy panicked at half time and changed it...
Agree that the formation was destinated for failure (right footed goal poacher on the right wing, seriously??), but honestly, it's so easy to pick out Freddie from the couch, while
1) we don't know what's going on in trainings,
2) basically Emery has tried every possible formation and lineup and we suffered, so it''s obviously more than 'Auba on the right'

I can now see why a team with Auba, Laca, Pepe, Özil would be also destinated for failure, when teams cut through us so easily there would be 4 attackers jogging around waiting for the ball. There's also no proper CB pairing, no proper CM pairing, and the youngsters should not be put under tthe pressure of getting the team back to winning.

Fans boo off players every game, how do we expect to send out Martinelli or Saka in those circumstances? Any bad performance and they will be picked out by the angry fans.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
You would think that as Emery's assistant, Freddie noticed the huge issues we have with Auba at the right wing. He's practically wasted there.

Although not the same caliber as Auba, it reminds me of when Arsène used to play Bendtner at RW sometimes.

Just play Auba through the center, Pepe on the right and Saka/Nelson on the left, with Özil behind as a #10.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Reminder to all that ever since Ljungberg and Bould swapped positions, our team has been playing in a much more disorganized and slipshot manner, be it in attack or defense. This is makes me question why Bould wasn't made interim manager ahead of Ljungberg......

zilfy

Just play Auba through the center, Pepe on the right and Saka/Nelson on the left, with Özil behind as a #10.
But then you're playing saka or Nelson ahead of lacazette, who are no where near lacas level just yet (even with a moderate assessment of lacas abilities).

I know they're different positions but it feels like you have to get your best players out on the pitch and make the formation work around that, though that's not exactly working right now.

All this would have been resolved if we had sold laca in the summer and brought in a left winger. The balance of our attack is a shambles

clovis

I have not claimed Ljungberg was on the same level as either Henry or Bergkamp, but i would say Freddie was on about the same level as Pires but he was no Overmaars.

I have no bias towards Freddie, but it seems like you are clearly underestimating his skills as a player.

you are seriously underrated Pires if you are putting him at the same level as Freddie.

Hleb didn’t hit his peak until 2007-2008, but even he looked better than Freddie in 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 when Freddie was supposedly in his peak years.

He joined West Ham at this prime age of 30. That says everything that needs to be said. He was never a top player. Not even close.

Pepes blue pill

you are seriously underrated Pires if you are putting him at the same level as Freddie.

Hleb didn’t hit his peak until 2007-2008, but even he looked better than Freddie in 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 when Freddie was supposedly in his peak years.

He joined West Ham at this prime age of 30. That says everything that needs to be said. He was never a top player. Not even close.

Poverty post :lol::lol::lol::lol:

clovis

Poverty post :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Man, posting Smileys won’t change the fact that a so called “top player” joined West Ham in his peak..

The invincibles only had 6 world class players. Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira, Cole and Sol. Everyone else was in the lower bracket and was carried by the 6 superior players.

that is why the likes of Freddie etc we’re finished at the top level once that side broke apart. Players like him were to make look better than they actually were because of the system..

Pepes blue pill

Man, posting Smileys won’t change the fact that a so called “top player” joined West Ham in his peak..

The invincibles only had 6 world class players. Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira, Cole and Sol. Everyone else was in the lower bracket and was carried by the 6 superior players.

that is why the likes of Freddie etc we’re finished at the top level once that side broke apart. Players like him were to make look better than they actually were because of the system..

Doubling down wont make your post any less **** either

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Lol we've got a WUM on our hands lads.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Reminder to all that ever since Ljungberg and Bould swapped positions, our team has been playing in a much more disorganized and slipshot manner, be it in attack or defense. This is makes me question why Bould wasn't made interim manager ahead of Ljungberg......
Yeah Emery was just a puppet. I'm sure it was Freddie in control behind the scenes all along.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
You would think that as Emery's assistant, Freddie noticed the huge issues we have with Auba at the right wing. He's practically wasted there.

Although not the same caliber as Auba, it reminds me of when Arsène used to play Bendtner at RW sometimes.

We become so One dimensionsl with Auba in the middle

And if we play Özil att ACM we basically give the opp superior Numbers in midfield

We dont have another dm to play 4231

Hence why I say drop Özil

Play 433

Xhaka cm
Torreira dm
Guendozi/Willock cm

Auba, Laca, Pepe frontline

Miyata

please don’t beat around the bush.

explain why a top player like Freddie went to West Ham at the age of 30?

why didn’t top teams in Europe line up to get their hands on this elite player who still had 3-4 prime years left?

Question is, do you consider 30 as prime time?
For me it's when a player is starting to degrade.

Pepes blue pill

please don’t beat around the bush.

explain why a top player like Freddie went to West Ham at the age of 30?

why didn’t top teams in Europe line up to get their hands on this elite player who still had 3-4 prime years left?

No point when you think a players prime is at 30 and they still have another 3-4 years of their prime years left, you are basically saying a players prime goes straight up until they retire, joke post from a joker poster

Top Bottom