• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We won more trophies while Poch was their manager.

Well then why is everyone praying for Poch to come here. Some arsenal fans cant accept what's in front of them. We are 10th and people are still trying to say we are better than Sp**s at the moment. Living on past glory like Liverpool fans for years.

Arsenal fans will be still banging on about an invincible season in 50 years despite being beat in cup competitions and drawing 12 matches.

goonergaz

In 2 years we will be a mid table team, barcelona will come in offer 30m he will say he wants to go there and only there and there will be no competition for his signature and he will be another who we give away.

Guendouzi, Bellerin and Holding as well as Martinelli. All youngsters bought on the cheap and worth a lot more today or the near future.

We don't need to sell any more so there's no way Barca are getting Martinelli for £30m unless we let the contract run down, but even then it would be a great RoI.

Pepes blue pill

Similar thing happened with my dad who's a Man U fan, during Wenger's last season or just before I can't remember. He said why are they playing so slowly? We were watching a match and I told him the style of play was too laboured, too much sideways and backwards passing, struggling to break down defences, being predictable to play against etc., it had been going on for years really.

Although he's not a football newcomer but a dedicated football fan who watches a lot of games from different teams, even as an opposition fan he recognized that something was not right with the way we play. December 2019 and its still the same :eek:ops:

I know it really is that bad, new manager got a job on his hands, sadly I think the club will get it wrong again

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Whoever comes in needs to organise the defence and midfield. Make them understand their roles. How to hold shape, how to fill gaps, when to track a runner or press the ball.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Guendouzi, Bellerin and Holding as well as Martinelli. All youngsters bought on the cheap and worth a lot more today or the near future.

We don't need to sell any more so there's no way Barca are getting Martinelli for £30m unless we let the contract run down, but even then it would be a great RoI.

I'm talking about huge money that can buy you 2 or 3 players.

Liverpool basically swapped Coutinho for Allsion and VVD.

Bellerin is not worth as much as you think. Wouldn't get more than 35-40m at a push. He is average.

Guendouzi is worth more but again has a lot to prove.

Holding is worth no more than 25-30m at the moment.

Martinelli has potential. Arsenal dont keep unhappy players we have always been a club that just let's them to. They say I want to leave they leave. We dont play hard ball.

By selling the above players it doesnt allow us to buy anything more than a replacement.

Pepes blue pill

I admire you optimism but this won't happen given our fans. Just look at Freddie and how he's been treated already to get a sneak peek for things to come.

I actually have not seen anything other than criticism of his starting line ups which is fair tbh, if people are seriously giving him stick then thats a joke...was at the game yesterday and there was nothing at the stadium and the boos were for the players

ps: Nice picture...im on the verge of just supporting the womens team ;)

goonergaz

Well then why is everyone praying for Poch to come here. Some arsenal fans cant accept what's in front of them. We are 10th and people are still trying to say we are better than Sp**s at the moment. Living on past glory like Liverpool fans for years.

Arsenal fans will be still banging on about an invincible season in 50 years despite being beat in cup competitions and drawing 12 matches.

We were the first to do an amazing thing, quite rightly we should remember that...like the league and cup double, the domestic cup double, the 49 unbeaten (and cheated out of 50) and even the Michael Thomas goal. We should be rightly proud of our past achievements.

We need a manager who can get the best out of our players, this is essentially the same team that nearly came 4th last year - something dramatic has happened that needs fixing, we are definitely better than the position suggests and Poch made Sp**s overperform (until the end of course). Don't forget we spanked them last season.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We were the first to do an amazing thing, quite rightly we should remember that...like the league and cup double, the domestic cup double, the 49 unbeaten (and cheated out of 50) and even the Michael Thomas goal. We should be rightly proud of our past achievements.

We need a manager who can get the best out of our players, this is essentially the same team that nearly came 4th last year - something dramatic has happened that needs fixing, we are definitely better than the position suggests and Poch made Sp**s overperform (until the end of course). Don't forget we spanked them last season.

Nothing wrong with one eye on the past. But when in this mess looking forward is the only thing that will help.

goonergaz

I'm talking about huge money that can buy you 2 or 3 players.

Liverpool basically swapped Coutinho for Allsion and VVD.

Bellerin is not worth as much as you think. Wouldn't get more than 35-40m at a push. He is average.

Guendouzi is worth more but again has a lot to prove.

Holding is worth no more than 25-30m at the moment.

Martinelli has potential. Arsenal dont keep unhappy players we have always been a club that just let's them to. They say I want to leave they leave. We dont play hard ball.

By selling the above players it doesnt allow us to buy anything more than a replacement.

Ok, first of all Coutinho is an outliner - those kinds of players are rare as rocking horse poo!

We used to sell players because we were moving stadiums, but we no longer need to do that...but if a player is unhappy why make them stay? You want players who will give their all for the team...better to have half-decent players putting in a shift than 'world class' players having a strop.

We need to get things back on an even footing, we need a manager who can organise this team which was used to 'playing the Arsenal way' to beat teams and then having a manager who (by all accounts) confused players with his tactics.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Yes we will as it is the greatest premier league side of all time. As much ss VAR and refs trybto let liverpool do it they wont.

goonergaz

Nothing wrong with one eye on the past. But when in this mess looking forward is the only thing that will help.

Kind of, we need to return to the top though, not make our way to the top...it's different aspiring to try and break into the top 4 and putting yourself back where you should be are different things IMHO.

ClubLevel

As daft as this may sound and I know he is currently managing but the only Ex player I can see that would give us a lift is Henry, only as he seems more passionate than the likes of Freddie, Arteta, PV etc. I know passion can only get you so far but do think he would lift us to the end of this season. Plus he would probably get Auba/Pepe/Laca firing at the top end of the pitch.

Rafa would be the safe option to tighten things up and give us a chance in the Europa.

Still think we should of gone for Mourinho, Simone maybe next. I think Poch will go to A.Madrid if Simone leaves. Simone might like the challenge of making us bastards again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
As daft as this may sound and I know he is currently managing but the only Ex player I can see that would give us a lift is Henry, only as he seems more passionate than the likes of Freddie, Arteta, PV etc. I know passion can only get you so far but do think he would lift us to the end of this season. Plus he would probably get Auba/Pepe/Laca firing at the top end of the pitch.

Rafa would be the safe option to tighten things up and give us a chance in the Europa.

Still think we should of gone for Mourinho, Simone maybe next. I think Poch will go to A.Madrid if Simone leaves. Simone might like the challenge of making us bastards again.

Poch will want Real Madrid someday so he wont go to Atletico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom