• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Not getting outplayed by bottom half teams would be a start. The squad quality argument would hold weight if our only issue was performance against better or similar level teams...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why do you persist on trying to be right.

Robertson cost 7m and wijnaldum 20m.

Mane cost the same as Xhaka who improved?

Did Firmino come to liverpool world class? Nope.

It doesnt matter how much a player costs whether it be a 5m player or a 100m player. A coach can always get more out of players or teach them something they didnt know.

Go and listen to what Henry says about Pep. Henry was experienced going to Barcelona and listen to what he says about what he learned.
So why haven't Watford won the league. They sack managers left right and centre in the search for the perfect one.

ScotsGooner89

In the short term we really need a coach whose going to come in and make the hard decisions straight away. A clear understanding of a system that WILL win games and an ability to pick the players in the squad that will suit. If that coach’s system requires a 10, great then Özil can play. If it doesn’t and requires 2 wingers/inside forwards then no more trying to fit him in the team. Same with the 2 strikers.

I wish we were in a place where we could give ljungberg or arteta a go of it but we really aren’t, that time was after wenger went.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So why haven't Watford won the league. They sack managers left right and centre in the search for the perfect one.

What are you on about Watford? You on drugs or what? Your not making any sense but then I seen on other threads you thought David Luiz was a cracking signing.

Ashybashy86

I think we need a new squad and we can't afford it. I'm not sure what any manager can do with this lot.
We can, but we have to be smarter in the market. It isn't always about buying expensive players. Our problem is that we buy average players like Chambers, Xhaka, Perez, Mustafi etc. and put them on high wages. So, it becomes difficult to move them on without taking a huge loss.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Not getting outplayed by bottom half teams would be a start. The squad quality argument would hold weight if our only issue was performance against better or similar level teams...
LISTEN TO THIS MAN! And stop parroting punditry drivel.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What’s the lowest EL spots could go? I know sometimes the 6-8th placed teams have ended up with a spot?

Trying to be positive that this season at least it could end up being CL or no European football for next season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Took too long to sack Wenger, In hindsight we should have sacked Emery in summer too. Our indecisiveness is killing us.
Disagree about Wenger. How earlier did you want to sack him when he was meeting club targets of top 4? If anything we moved on him on ASAP after he stopped meeting club targets.

Now we will spend hundreds of millions, most likely bad like Raul with Pepe, and have multiple managerial changes just to get to where Wenger was until his last two years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m hoping our managerial hunt is dragging out because the club are waiting to speak to Potch when he returns from Argentina.

Otherwise this is pretty worrying. We’re being linked with some very very underwhelming managers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Took too long to sack Wenger, In hindsight we should have sacked Emery in summer too. Our indecisiveness is killing us.

Sacked is a harsh word...if our moronic board didn’t give me a contract in summer 2014, he could have went out on an even bigger high...better team left behind, won the cup and still in the Champions League...then I am convinced we could have pushed for Klopp that summer.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
What’s the lowest EL spots could go? I know sometimes the 6-8th placed teams have ended up with a spot?

Trying to be positive that this season at least it could end up being CL or no European football for next season.

Depends.If some team win fa cup and not finish in top 7,they will go to EL.Otherwise from 5-th to 7-th spot go to EL.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Disagree about Wenger. How earlier did you want to sack him when he was meeting club targets of top 4? If anything we moved on him on ASAP after he stopped meeting club targets.

Now we will spend hundreds of millions, most likely bad like Raul with Pepe, and have multiple managerial changes just to get to where Wenger was until his last two years.

Should’ve picked up Klopp when he was available.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
What are you on about Watford? You on drugs or what? Your not making any sense but then I seen on other threads you thought David Luiz was a cracking signing.
Watford sack their manager all the time. So why is it they haven't found this unicorn manager yet? Particularly seeing as it doesn't matter if you spend 100m or 5m on the players?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i wish the club have plan after Wenger we are acting like manutd we making decisions depending on fans reactions

GDeep™

League is very weak
You can argue it suited the club to give Wenger his extensions. Keeps the fan frustration and pressures focused on him rather than Ivan or the owners. That and he was delivering top 4 anyway.

Now that Wenger is not here, **** has hit the fan and everyone has been exposed as useless.

Ivan left the club as soon as Wenger wasn’t here to shield him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom