• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Watford sack their manager all the time. So why is it they haven't found this unicorn manager yet? Particularly seeing as it doesn't matter if you spend 100m or 5m on the players?

Your still not making sense lad. Managers job is to improve the team and the players. Just like any managerial role. To get the best out of their resources. Back to sleep Luiz.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Your still not making sense lad. Managers job is to improve the team and the players. Just like any managerial role. To get the best out of their resources. Back to sleep Luiz.
Think about it. You are saying money doesn't matter. The manager is the difference and can turn any 5M player into a 100M player... So why, at Watford, where they sack managers all the time to find the right one have they not miraculously shot up the table? Or could it be that money is actually the decisive factor and they simply can't compete with City, Liverpool or Chelsea on a financial level...

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Think about it. You are saying money doesn't matter. The manager is the difference and can turn any 5M player into a 100M player... So why, at Watford, where they sack managers all the time to find the right one have they not miraculously shot up the table? Or could it be that money is actually the decisive factor and they simply can't compete with City, Liverpool or Chelsea on a financial level...

Where did I say a manager can turn a 5m player into a 100m player?

Learn to read.

I said it doesnt matter if it's a 5m player or a 100m player a good manager can always improve that player or teach them something.

Stop arguing about something when you dont have a clue. Anyway enjoy your weekend not wasting anymore time talk to you some points just go over your head poor you!!

Last edited:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Look at that. Beautiful, just beautiful.
x58tv91y3z241.png

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’m hoping our managerial hunt is dragging out because the club are waiting to speak to Potch when he returns from Argentina.

Otherwise this is pretty worrying. We’re being linked with some very very underwhelming managers.

They would’ve already spoken to him or his agent to gauge his interest. If I had to guess the club were probably hoping Freddie could guide us through the tricky fixtures for the next few weeks and then bring someone in after Christmas. They probably don’t have that luxury now. I’m expecting someone to take charge after the City game.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Where did I say a manager can turn a 5m player into a 100m player?

Learn to read.

I said it doesnt matter if it's a 5m player or a 100m player a good manager can always improve that player or teach them something.

Stop arguing about something when you dont have a clue.
Yeah I am going to stop. You clearly think there is a unicorn manager who can transform this garbage squad into a top 4 ide. Good luck with that. When you come back down to reality in a few years and realise that unless the board back the manager we'll never win a thing, I'll be here. Have a great weekend. Enjoy all the disappointment your delusion will cause...

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I honestly thought this was a @Makingtrax post :lol:

HBL

Established Member
Vieira did well with an awful Nice side last season but they had a very boring style, slow/heavy possession and over reliant on moments of magic from players like Atal. He wouldn't be one of my choices at all but currently one of the favourites on the exchange. Arteta, Poch and Rodgers all good options if we can attract them. Allegri would be decent although I'd think he'd struggle to adopt his style with out current group, don't know much about Gallardo. Ljungberg, Ancelotti and Benitez definitely not for me.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
When you are dropping point against every team you play against then the problem runs deeper than quality. This culture of mediocrity and not caring that was instilled by Gazidis and carried on by Raul and Vinai naturally carries down to the players.
You've just got to look at the likes of Willock, guy had barely played more than couple of matches for us and already there were hit articles out on him partying late into the night before turning up to training. Doesn't sound like the mentality of a guy determined to make it at the top of the game and he is meant to be one of the star talents of our academy.

Spending money isn't going to fix it either if the same people are in charge, we've already spent heavily these last two years and we've only gotten worse. You've just got to hope Edu will actually have a clue and perform the role of a DoF, not simply be a figurehead installed by Raul.

ChefMan21

One of my issues with the club more broadly is we don't appear to have any real plans for the medium term. For example, if they said they want to add 20,000 seats to the stadium, that's something we can sell to a manager (i.e. here's a major new revenue stream). Same again with things like property holdings, the academy, etc.

Hypothetically, if they said over the next five to seven years they were going to add 12,000 seats to the stadium, invest 25m into the academy's facilities, and build 500 apartments near feeder areas, the club suddenly has a vision and looks more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom