• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham v Arsenal | December 9, 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Guess the result of the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The only two wingers in the Wenger era I would take over him would be Pires and Overmars, think he was a brilliant player...shame he’s basically a laughing stock now really, as before he left us he had an amazing career for club and country.
He's burned all the way the **** out. Played too much football, no rest. I reckon if he sat on his arse for a year - maybe got to grade 8 on piano, found a new girl to pipe, read books on post-structuralism or some **** like that - he'd have one hell of a second wind in his career. Might even play to a high level until he's 40.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
This just shows how much we miss Alexis Sanchez and how good he was for us for a while. Last truly world class player we have had. He was such a bundle of energy and helped out overall play with his energy and movement. Regardless if we at times played like **** when he was here, he always brought it. God I miss him!

He really was one of my fav. players

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

This win in 2007 felt massive to me, as we genuinely good enough to win the league this year...this game showed we could scrap, and not just play beautiful football.

Also, love that Arsenal shirt, we haven’t had one as good as that since imo...have mine with Rosicky on the back, and the tribute to Chapman on it.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Stop making threads ffs Rex.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
He's burned all the way the **** out. Played too much football, no rest. I reckon if he sat on his arse for a year - maybe got to grade 8 on piano, found a new girl to pipe, read books on post-structuralism or some **** like that - he'd have one hell of a second wind in his career. Might even play to a high level until he's 40.

cosmopolitanism ))

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's burned all the way the **** out. Played too much football, no rest.
Think this is the reason he has dipped so badly. He played an insane amount of football for club and country. Plus he played with an intensity and energy that was just unbelievable. At a game at Selhurst Park the CP fans were ****ting their pants every time he got the ball. The rest of the team was rubbish but he as usual brought his A game. You know a player is good when the opposing team fans don't want that player with the ball at their feet.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
When a team's form is as bad as ours is right now, it barely matters which players are in the XI. It just matters that whichever players are in the XI work hard and a find a way to rediscover the basics.

Tactics and a little tweak here and there isn't the problem right now. The basics are the problem. Sort that out first, worry about tactics later.

Underhill

What i want from this game is the start of consistency. I think the semi-consistent starting 11 is completely wrong, and just not going to work. We need players that are actually suitable to their position and have a chance to build real synergy within the team.

Give me a 4231 with a REAL winger on each side, and then you pick EITHER Laca or Auba to play the #9. With that, i want our new CB partnership and the two best wb we have. Lets start building something instead of shoehorning unsuitable players into weird positions (like playing Özil and Auba on wings).

Something like this would be encouraging.

------------ Auba
Martinelli --- Özil --- Pepe
------------- x -------- Torreira
Tierney --- Holding ---- Chambers --- Bellerin

I have no idea who to put next to Torreira. I assume it should be Xhaka, but he is so underwhelming.
Saka / Nelson could compete with Martinelli/Pepe and Laca with Auba. Ceballos / Willock with Özil i suppose.

Holding / Chambers might be reaching since Holding is out of the team for some reason (depressed?). I guess Luiz / Mavropanos are options, but just spare me of the Sokratis/Mustafi clownfest.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

This win in 2007 felt massive to me, as we genuinely good enough to win the league this year...this game should we could scrap, and not just play beautiful football.

Also, love that Arsenal shirt, we haven’t had one as good as that since imo...have mine with Rosicky on the back, and the tribute to Chapman on it.
Didn't Hleb get a really bad injury in this game? Remember him playing brilliantly at the time and getting some harsh treatment from the opposition.

Riou

Didn't Hleb get a really bad injury in this game? Remember him playing brilliantly at the time and getting some harsh treatment from the opposition.

@Dokaka boy Noble nearly broke his leg...think we actually finished that game with Eboue and Diaby wide, but we still could play quality football!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can someone tell me how many times we changed our back line since start of the season? I remember first few games were Sokratis Luiz and Kola automatic starters

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
They are currently slaughtering us on BT sports and were not even playing. Gary Cahil just put in a great tackle and they are laughing about how much better he is than our current crop of central defenders.

Ho ho ho.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
We'll be losing 2-0 at halftime and Poch to suddenly appear out of the stands in the second half to motivate us.

Final score to be 4-0.

Riou

A couple of goals from some real Arsenal heroes, in a win from 1997!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom