• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Özil causes way more problems than he's worth, costs too much and does nothing in games. Can't believe people were dancing in the street over signing this guy he's never been on the level of Alexis or RVP or even Auba.
It's like some weird fetish I feel. Must be that he has some insane stat on some PC game. Maybe Football Manager or something. And after that he is undroppable in some fans eyes. Just plain weird if you ask me.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Online Gooner forum has delusional ppl who say Özil needs 'big players' around him to excel.
Just a different way of saying he needs to lifted by other players. Some 'great' player he is. His best years are so far behind him he could be retired.

fc honka

I agree that Özils standard of play has decreased a lot. Biggest decline came just after his contract, the 2 months before that he was top3 player in the League. But as there is delusion from Özil fans, its also delusional to say he has never been as good or better than Alexis or Auba.
He has been voted 5 times best German national team player, 2016 he was Arsenals player of the season and 3 times voted best player of the month in the Premier League. I agree on RvP but both Auba and Alexis have never had the standard Özil had from 2009 to 2012. Counting from 2009 he surely must be near the top on assists given. Did not find any stats about that though, probably Messi is first (last 10 years).
I hate to watch him nowadays, he seems lazy and out of shape. Especially surprising as he looked good in preseason. Dont know what happened after that.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The game is evolving.
There are a lot of great players from the past that wouldn't fit at all in the modern game, such as Inzaghi, Veron, Riquelme, and now players such as Özil.

Look at the global picture, this past decade teams got way more physical.
And now, elite players have to be great athletes AND talented.
Our invincible team was way ahead its time. That's why we were so good.

Except Messi & Ronaldo now they're getting near the end of their career, most of top team players are hard worker on both end of the pitch.

Btw, Ramos isn't a liability. You don't make it this far, win so much, and be Madrid and his National team captain for a decade if you're a liability.
It just can't be. Mourinho, Ancelotti, Zidane, all great coaches have built their defence around him. They had all the money in the world to get an upgrade if needed.
But they didn't.
You might not like him. he's a high risk/high reward type of CB. But he's elite anyway.
Ramos is allowed a lot of brain farts because he is a good leader, scores clutch goals. But he is not a defender. If he was at Arsenal, he would have been ridiculed like Mustafi.

This is a longer discussion, perhaps for some other time.

Thats the exact thing happening with Özil. We do not have the luxury to carry anyone because we have become ****.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Özil causes way more problems than he's worth, costs too much and does nothing in games. Can't believe people were dancing in the street over signing this guy he's never been on the level of Alexis or RVP or even Auba.

I love the way Özil played for us in his first two years. Brought some beautiful runs of play. You can’t take that away. But now he’s clearly unmotivated and sucking up huge wages.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The issue is without Özil, we're useless on the ball higher up the pitch. Laca, Auba link up play is crap. The amount of poor touches they have is shocking. We've got no one else in the sqaud other than maybe Cebblos.

We actually could do with Iwobi, he had no end product but his link up play, technique and keeping possession higher up the pitch was excellent.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Ramos is allowed a lot of brain farts because he is a good leader, scores clutch goals. But he is not a defender. If he was at Arsenal, he would have been ridiculed like Mustafi.

This is a longer discussion, perhaps for some other time.

Thats the exact thing happening with Özil. We do not have the luxury to carry anyone because we have become ****.

I don't think so mate.
We just focus too much on his brainfarts, but most of the time, when it matters, he's a beast.

This is Real Madrid we're talking about. They might have the highest expectations and standards in the world. They wouldn't just settle for a good leader if he was a bad defender.

I agree that Özils standard of play has decreased a lot. Biggest decline came just after his contract, the 2 months before that he was top3 player in the League. But as there is delusion from Özil fans, its also delusional to say he has never been as good or better than Alexis or Auba.
He has been voted 5 times best German national team player, 2016 he was Arsenals player of the season and 3 times voted best player of the month in the Premier League. I agree on RvP but both Auba and Alexis have never had the standard Özil had from 2009 to 2012. Counting from 2009 he surely must be near the top on assists given. Did not find any stats about that though, probably Messi is first (last 10 years).
I hate to watch him nowadays, he seems lazy and out of shape. Especially surprising as he looked good in preseason. Dont know what happened after that.

lmao Özil has never been a top 3 player in the league other than his great half of the season when he got almost 20 assist by January, and he hasn't been great for the rest of the campaign.

he's never been a top 5 player in this league for a season.
and I'm not even sure he's ever been in the discussion for top 10.

He's way too overrated by his fanboys. I really can't understand.
The highest paid player of the history of our club gets a pass when he's been a passenger for 2 years and a half.
And even before, he's never been a reliable player. At times he looked unstoppable, but let's be honest, we never knew what kind of performance we were going to get from him.

Last edited:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The issue is without Özil, we're useless on the ball higher up the pitch. Laca, Auba link up play is crap. The amount of poor touches they have is shocking. We've got no one else in the sqaud other than maybe Cebblos.

We actually could do with Iwobi, he had no end product but his link up play, technique and keeping possession higher up the pitch was excellent.

tbf even with Özil, we're useless on the ball higher up the pitch, as you said.

I don't remember him making any difference, this season, except his very good pass for Bellerin I think? I don't remember, but our RB crossed the ball and it was an easy goal. It was a great pass.
But other than that, he's been as useless as any other players.

He got an assist from a corner though.

zilfy

I love the way Özil played for us in his first two years. Brought some beautiful runs of play. You can’t take that away. But now he’s clearly unmotivated and sucking up huge wages.
Huuuge wages.

Imagine if we actually had a guy that played up to the standard of someone who gets played 350 k a week? Our attack would be frightening

Symbia

You just started to watch Arsenal games? You got it spot on though like you said:
I really can't understand.
He is stating the fact. Özil has never been top 10 player of the league let alone 3.
Dude has neither won Premier league player of the month nor been in team of the year.

From his play at the pitch he has never been a consistent performer like Cazorla or Alexis. Flashes of brilliance here and there with a bit of assists and then go dead cold.
He is totally useless when the team is pressing, midget like Cazorla won duels than him and was not pushed off the ball half time as him.

The reality most Arsenal fans fail to face is the fact that Özil is overrated teenage girl that cannot carry the team. His best performance comes when other team members are at their best. Magician like Cazorla despite his physical disadvantage in a demanding league has done far better than him.

Getting rid of players like Özil will be a way forward to the club.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He is stating the fact. Özil has never been top 10 player of the league let alone 3.
Dude has neither won Premier league player of the month nor been in team of the year.

From his play at the pitch he has never been a consistent performer like Cazorla or Alexis. Flashes of brilliance here and there with a bit of assists and then go dead cold.
He is totally useless when the team is pressing, midget like Cazorla won duels than him and was not pushed off the ball half time as him.

The reality most Arsenal fans fail to face is the fact that Özil is overrated teenage girl that cannot carry the team. His best performance comes when other team members are at their best. Magician like Cazorla despite his physical disadvantage in a demanding league has done far better than him.

Getting rid of players like Özil will be a way forward to the club.

Özil has never been anything else that the cherry on the cake.
If your cake isn't good enough, your cherry won't change anything. It will still be a mediocre cake.

Except for 6 months when he was going to break the assist record in the PL, I've never felt Özil could or has carried this team on a consistent basis. He had a few games here and there where he was unstoppable.
But as you said, most of the time he goes dead cold.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He is a humanitarian more than footballer. Let's just pay him till the end of his contract and close this chapter. If he takes another football job, we should be credited back the difference....no double dipping.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Maybe Freddie is still dizzy from the toxic fumes emitting out of Emery’s hair but he needs to get his head on straight and end this Özil LW experiment asap. Play him at RW at least where he has better passing angles as a left footer.

clovis

The first page of this thread shows how delusional his fans are. Some of them have finally woken up but a section are still hopeful that a new manager will get the best out of him.

not to mention the time when his fan boys would argue that he is better than Coutinho and De Bruyne :lol:

Freddie is now the latest villain who is mistreating this pu$$y by playing him on the LW.

it doesn’t matter does it? He is a complete liability in every position. He has been done at this level for years now.

giving him a mega contract proved how Wenger had completely lost it and had become a slave to his loyalty for his favorites. Freezing him out was the best thing Emery had done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom