• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

pikey2000

The problem we have with the Auba/Laca thing is that Pepe, Martinelli, Saka and Nelson are all not ready to start and crucially deliver for us week in week out yet, sounds strange to say that about a 70m signing but its true, they are all very raw right now, which means if your Freddie and your hunting a win you go for experience at this level, that means shoe horning Laca, Auba and Özil in to the side.

I'm still not entirely sure why Laca and Auba can't play as a front two with Özil in behind, it should work in theory but alas nothing will work or matter offensively if we can't stop shipping so many chances in the other direction, we could have prime Henry and Bergkamp up top it would make absolutely no different to our end result.

Joestlaachmkr

Im the short term no manager would have gotten anything from these games not Klopp or Pep, it's too short of a timespan for it. Mourinho is absolute garbage nowadays and he's a c*nt as well, forget him. The board wouldn't have been able to get any of the managers ready to step in even if they wanted to at this moment so basically Emery should have stayed for now in your opinion.
Well, statistics shows otherwise. Man Utd won 5-1 against Cardiff 3 days after ole was appointed as their interim last year, Mourinho won 3-2 against West Ham in his first game in charge of Sp**s only 4 days after he got the job, these are just the two latest examples. I think Freddie`s appointment looks very similar to the appointment of Giggs as caretaker of Man Utd 5-6 years ago, both lacked experience. This is not meant as criticism towards Freddie, but we certainly needs to get an experienced manager ASAP and let Freddie continue as assistant, if not things can look very ugly in may.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Well, statistics shows otherwise. Man Utd won 5-1 against Cardiff 3 days after ole was appointed as their interim last year, Mourinho won 3-2 against West Ham in his first game in charge of Sp**s only 4 days after he got the job, these are just the two latest examples. I think Freddie`s appointment looks very similar to the appointment of Giggs as caretaker of Man Utd 5-6 years ago, both lacked experience. This is not meant as criticism towards Freddie, but we certainly needs to get an experienced manager ASAP and let Freddie continue as assistant, if not things can look very ugly in may.
If the new manager is rushed in ASAP he will be half-baked. Can't wait for you to turn on him and start calling for his head when he hasn't turned it around immediately.

You can't directly compare our situation to what other clubs went through that's just reductive. Also Mou just lost his latest game after barley scraping past the first two, so much for that supposed resurgence.

Joestlaachmkr

If the new manager is rushed in ASAP he will be half-baked. Can't wait for you to turn on him and start calling for his head when he hasn't turned it around immediately.

You can't directly compare our situation to what other clubs went through that's just reductive. Also Mou just lost his latest game after barley scraping past the first two, so much for that supposed resurgence.
I have no doubt that an experienced manager would have handled things differently than what what Freddie has shown, the starting lineup the forrmation in our last 2 games are enough to raise eyebrows in my opinion. This is not meant as criticism to Freddie, he is a legend and he loves the club but he is certainly not qualified nor experienced enough to be our manager at this period of time.

Sp**s lost the game against united, but they have certainly performed on a different level than what they have done earlier this season since JM took over the helm.

I dont think it was a smart move by Everton to appoint Duncan Ferguson as their interim instead of Moyes or Pardew.

NZgunner

Freddie was part of the system that got us where we are now.

The traditional new manager bounce (and who here wouldn't take 6 points from our next 3 games however they were achieved) is a combination of two things - genuinely new ideas about tactics and team culture, and players wanting to impress the new manager because they are worried about losing their place.

We don't get the bounce from the first because Freddie was Emery's right hand man.

And we don't get the bounce from the second because the good players are already looking for moves to other clubs.

The sooner we appoint a proper manager, the sooner we'll get the tactics/culture bounce, but there is still a lot of serious rebuilding to do - legacies of both Emery and Wenger. For all of our sakes I hope this starts to happen in time for the January transfer window.

wigner

you are seriously underrated Pires if you are putting him at the same level as Freddie.

Hleb didn’t hit his peak until 2007-2008, but even he looked better than Freddie in 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 when Freddie was supposedly in his peak years.

He joined West Ham at this prime age of 30. That says everything that needs to be said. He was never a top player. Not even close.

You obviously didn't watch much of Freddie...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Everton under Duncan Ferguson put in the most tackles they have in the last five years in their victory over Chelsea today :lol:

Joestlaachmkr

Everton under Duncan Ferguson put in the most tackles they have in the last five years in their victory over Chelsea today :lol:
Yeah, i certainly didn`t see that coming. Does Ferguson have any coaching experience at all? Perhaps the hype surrounding Frank Lampard is coming to an end, i always love it when Chelski loses.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Yeah, i certainly didn`t see that coming. Does Ferguson have any coaching experience at all? Perhaps the hype surrounding Frank Lampard is coming to an end, i always love it when Chelski loses.

Hmm, Chelsea missed a fair few chances, I wouldn't get too excited yet. I would say RAGE carried Everton through to the Victory line, apart from Walcott who was timid as ever :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Ljunberg was levels below Pires. Ljunberg was also levels below Hleb.

Comparable to Walcott if anything.

Is this some humor I'm missing? Freddie contributed goals through well-timed runs over and over and over again in trophy-winning seasons.

Hleb was very skillful, but his dribbles didn't really contribute a lot to our overall effectiveness and he got himself deliberately sent off in his final game for us like a coward so he could have a little break.

Again, apologies if I've missed some sarcasm.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Ljunberg was levels below Pires. Ljunberg was also levels below Hleb.

Comparable to Walcott if anything.

When my mate @GDeep™ stirs up a controversy.

giphy.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
There is no controversy. Freddy was effective in that team with his skill set. Again, comparable to Walcott. Only difference is Freddy was blessed to be in a great team in a great era.

Hleb was a ridiculous player, technically perfect. Many couldn’t lace his boots, never mind a runner like Freddy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Freddy was my least favourite player back then. Just didn’t have the all round ability. Then again, his run making ability and finishing was priceless. Would pop up with important goals.

Top Bottom