• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Fans are idiots. Look at Everton’s fans today, they were celebrating like they’d won the CL ffs.

Doesn’t take much to get us going, a bit of decent football and a couple of wins.

We haven’t won a game since October and we’ve kept two clean sheets all year. Some of the stuff I’ve seen saying the fans are to blame is shambolic.
I'd celebrate like that if we don't concede 481 shots against Man City.

say yes

forum master baiter
Are the telegraph reliable?
The paper is a nasty little toe-rag when it comes to politics, but their sports section is good / reliable.

Not that the article really says much. Arteta thought to be the leading candidate if we want to appoint someone mid-season, but we’ve not interviewed anyone yet so that doesn’t mean much. I could have told you that.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

As risky as arteta is, I love that we are looking to appoint someone who prioritizes free-flowing, exciting football, just like Wenger did. Its who we are.

**** Mourinho. **** allegri and **** Santo. Let's play with some flair and blow some minds, just like we used to do
One small problem the defence!!

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Arteta fails then what? Will we give him more time because hes an Arsenal legend (apparently)? Lets put it this way Remi Garde was highly rated then look what happend.
Arteta is not a legend. If he fails? Then we hire someone else.

Everton hired 5 managers in 6 years since Moyes. We might be doing the same with Wenger.

It’s hitting home how hard it’s to replace Wenger now eh?

morpho

Established Member
Getting a bit miffed by the number of people criticising the fan base and calling them toxic. One, you're supposed to be apart of it:lol:. 2 The fans DO NOT demand the earth. All they/we expect is for the club to try and fulfil it's full potential.
Guess that was aimed at me? Yeah, I consider my self one, but unfortenately I cant attend games on a regular basis out of geography. How many times couldnt you heard a pin drop at the Emirates? Easy for me to say, sitting in my livingroom, but I feel fans should make more noise - positive noise - backing the players when needed. And they sure need it now...
And yeah of course we should fulfill our potential, but what do we get? A complete rift between fans and club to the extent were players wifes getting death threats... I get why fans are angry. Im one of them. But like I said. The next manager have a tremendous job ahead of him. And for a lot of them, taking over this mess is a huge step down.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It would be a must watch game if Luke Skywalker with his full head of hair goes up against the evil, bald Darth Vader in two weeks.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Getting a bit miffed by the number of people criticising the fan base and calling them toxic. One, you're supposed to be apart of it:lol:. 2 The fans DO NOT demand the earth. All they/we expect is for the club to try and fulfil it's full potential.
If the fans push the board to make a rushed decision in appointing a new manager then they are definitely partly to blame.

say yes

forum master baiter
What’s all the crying about Arteta?

Way more exciting than all the dead managers you lot have been advocating.

Little risk: our season is already over & he won’t command a big salary / cost much to sack if he’s useless.
High reward: if he’s anywhere near as good as a lot at City seem to think then we could have a really special manager (who loves the club) on our hands.

rich 1990

Guess that was aimed at me? Yeah, I consider my self one, but unfortenately I cant attend games on a regular basis out of geography. How many times couldnt you heard a pin drop at the Emirates? Easy for me to say, sitting in my livingroom, but I feel fans should make more noise - positive noise - backing the players when needed. And they sure need it now...
And yeah of course we should fulfill our potential, but what do we get? A complete rift between fans and club to the extent were players wifes getting death threats... I get why fans are angry. Im one of them. But like I said. The next manager have a tremendous job ahead of him. And for a lot of them, taking over this mess is a huge step down.
Not specifically just you but your post made me post what i did as i see this quite regularly.

Thing is London stadiums in general seem to have an atmosphere issue too. Sp**s and Chelsea fans are similar. West Ham fans were loud at Upton Park but their new ground seems to be fairly dull when they're not throwing coins at people.

The death threat people aren't part of the fan base. People like them and the ****ing idiots at City today have no place in football. Our overall fanbase is pretty damn loyal. We went from watching Henry to Bendtner, Seaman to Almunia, Vieira to Denilson, Cole to Armand Traore. We've sat through many a humiliation, tolerated not spending, gone a decade without winning anything and still not revolted. The patience has snapped now because there is now tangible evidence of the club going backwards. Top 4 became 5th, that became 6th, this year **** knows.

We as a fan base need to be up in arms otherwise the muppets running it will let Arsenal FC sleepwalk into oblivion. A bit of booing is absolutely nothing in the long run compared to what could happen.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What’s all the crying about Arteta?

Way more exciting than all the dead managers you lot have been advocating.

Little risk: our season is already over & he won’t command a big salary / cost much to sack if he’s useless.
High reward: if he’s anywhere near as good as a lot at City seem to think then we could have a really special manager (who loves the club) on our hands.

Iron+Man+3+Special+Screening+Arrivals+AMNZD9KreMwx.jpg

Handsome bastard too.

rich 1990

If the fans push the board to make a rushed decision in appointing a new manager then they are definitely partly to blame.
I don't see them doing that. But even if they were, the board could try and stop being pansies and do their job correctly for once.

Joestlaachmkr

Still to be convinced by the logic of saying that Ljungberg doesn't have the experience and then go and appoint Arteta.

I will back pretty much anyone we are currently linked with though if they come in regardless including Ljungberg. Mourinho is the only exception lol but thankfully he isn't available.
I dont believe in these Arteta rumours at all, it`s been said that Gazidiz was a fan of Arteta but he is not a part of AFC anymore. That said, Arteta could very well be Pep 2.0 but he can also be Freddie 2.0. Anyway, i dont think the board will go for Arteta as our next manager.

morpho

Established Member
Not specifically just you but your post made me post what i did as i see this quite regularly.

Thing is London stadiums in general seem to have an atmosphere issue too. Sp**s and Chelsea fans are similar. West Ham fans were loud at Upton Park but their new ground seems to be fairly dull when they're not throwing coins at people.

The death threat people aren't part of the fan base. People like them and the ****ing idiots at City today have no place in football. Our overall fanbase is pretty damn loyal. We went from watching Henry to Bendtner, Seaman to Almunia, Vieira to Denilson, Cole to Armand Traore. We've sat through many a humiliation, tolerated not spending, gone a decade without winning anything and still not revolted. The patience has snapped now because there is now tangible evidence of the club going backwards. Top 4 became 5th, that became 6th, this year **** knows.

We as a fan base need to be up in arms otherwise the muppets running it will let Arsenal FC sleepwalk into oblivion. A bit of booing is absolutely nothing in the long run compared to what could happen.
Not arguing with you there... But all Im saying is that we, as fans, have the power to boost some of that missing confidence in the 11 players who are on the pitch. As things has gone to **** , we do the quite opposite. We drain the litle they have left in about every situation out there...
But as I said. Its pretty easy for me sitting here not paying the highest tickets in the league. I just want this missery to end, and I want everyone to do their part - board member, staff, players and fans, even the bloody ballboy needs to up his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom