• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I dont believe in these Arteta rumours at all, it`s been said that Gazidiz was a fan of Arteta but he is not a part of AFC anymore. That said, Arteta could very well be Pep 2.0 but he can also be Freddie 2.0. Anyway, i dont think the board will go for Arteta as our next manager.
Lol already declaring Freddie a failure after 2 games? I knew it.

Joestlaachmkr

What’s all the crying about Arteta?

Way more exciting than all the dead managers you lot have been advocating.

Little risk: our season is already over & he won’t command a big salary / cost much to sack if he’s useless.
High reward: if he’s anywhere near as good as a lot at City seem to think then we could have a really special manager (who loves the club) on our hands.
Being an assistant coach and manager is a whole different ballgame, Arteta needs to do "a Lampard" proving his managerial skills in a lesser club first before he can even be considered becoming Arsenal boss.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
What’s all the crying about Arteta?

Way more exciting than all the dead managers you lot have been advocating.

Little risk: our season is already over & he won’t command a big salary / cost much to sack if he’s useless.
High reward: if he’s anywhere near as good as a lot at City seem to think then we could have a really special manager (who loves the club) on our hands.

Hiring someone who has never managed before is never "low risk"

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Does this really have legs? A glorified assistant set to become manager of Arsenal Football Club?

The mind boggles at the sheer lunacy & idiocy of those running the club. How can he be considered a candidate, let alone contemplated to occupy the position at all?

We need to hound these immoral crooks out of the club before they deliver a blow from which we may never recover.

Too big to go down? Nonsense. They said that about Forest & Leeds. One has been gone for 15 years & the other went down a season after I started supporting this once grand club.

We're sliding towards relegation without a clue from where the points will come.

The only thing appointing Arteta will do is simply catapult us faster towards the bottom.

Joestlaachmkr

If we appoint a new manager you wilö be calling for his head after the first couple of games. I'm calling it now.
Time will tell, but i`m sure a manager like Mourinho would have handled things differently than what Freddie has done. There was not much improvement from Emery in our last 2 game and i`m certain an experienced top class manager would have made us play very differently. Freddie are not ready for the task, but i also doubt Arteta would be up for the challenge.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Still to be convinced by the logic of saying that Ljungberg doesn't have the experience and then go and appoint Arteta.

I will back pretty much anyone we are currently linked with though if they come in regardless including Ljungberg. Mourinho is the only exception lol but thankfully he isn't available.

I still think Arteta would be better served to go manage Everton or somebody first, but his experience is miles ahead of Freddie's. He's been a first-team assistant for awhile and not only that he's been the No. 2. He's not only the top assistant and the one who has stepped in when Pep was suspended to manage the team, he's been specifically groomed to be a manager. Freddie doesn't have that kind of experience.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

didn't people want this guy at Arsenal? why's he linked to Everton

Gallardo is a brilliant manager, but I think he's probably better-suited for Spain. He may not speak much English, for one thing. When he played at DC United he always used a translator. That's been a long time ago and he could have learned in the meantime, but I'm not sure he would have had a reason.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Has the looks of someone who would start screaming at you for not passing the salt properly and not positioning yourself to receive it back quickly enough.

Even when he’s not yelling he’s just a massive weirdo. Says the cringiest stuff.

Bald creep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom