• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why do all clubs other than us get the new manager bounce but we get new manager trounce instead.
Its not that easy when you have such unbalanced squad and messy defense we show it at Norwich but defense let's us down our team don't work together

Goonerozil33

Because at other clubs new managers come with new ideals and don't just steal the previous managers homework and put their name at the top of the paper.
Duncan Ferguson?? He did a 4-4-2. Had 30% possession and still won 3-1. I can understand new ideas and all but Everton did not win due to new ideas or anything. They were lucky. I am wOrdering why we did not get any luck

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bit disappointed his making a lot of Emery’s mistakes. Cramming Lacazette and Auba into the same eleven and a detriment to the team.

Chopping around the team, working with these players for awhile would’ve thought he’d have a basis of who he’d set his 11 up, I’m sure we all have.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bit disappointed his making a lot of Emery’s mistakes. Cramming Lacazette and Auba into the same eleven and a detriment to the team.

Chopping around the team, working with these players for awhile would’ve thought he’d have a basis of who he’d set his 11 up, I’m sure we all have.

He has basically come out and said he is relying on experience to dig the team out. Funny as it was experience that got the team into this mess.
So it looks like we will field the oldest possible team irrespective of the set up.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
It might only have been two games so far, but when a team is in a crisis, the minimum you'd expect from a manager is to play the right players in their right position. Doesn't need months in charge to do that, he isn't doing that. Despite my initial hype, I'm already disappointed.
Still have a slight hope he can turn it around a bit if we manage to fluke just one win in the league though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Yes I thought Freddie would have his own ideas but as you say, he's making a lot of Emery mistakes. The 2nd half vs Brighton was better so I hope he at least starts Pepe vs West Ham.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
fredrik-ljungberg-with-trophy-premiership-champions-03-04-highbury-JE3XKK.jpg

Come on Freddie, the experienced players are ****, play the youth...he deserves a better team than this.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah the Laca and Auba in the same starting 11 is a sticky one and always has been.
Wenger couldn’t get it to work convincingly
Emery didn’t even try
Freddie not having much success 2 games in.

The problems with the squad were beyond Emery, let alone Freddie. Arsenal is just in a funny place right now tbh.

Freddy team selections suggest he had more of a say than we may have initially thought during Emery reign though, or is that just me?

MikeVinna

Established Member
Should start some different players across the board.

Chambers at CB
Tierney at LB
Özil at CAM
At least 1 proper winger (Pepe)

At least there’ll be some balance to our team.

Leno

Bellerin Chambers Luiz Tierney

Torreira Guendouzi

Pepe Özil Auba/Marti

Laca/Auba​

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'll give Freddie 1-2 more chances to prove himself, otherwise he's not good enough as a permanent manager yet, why do we take so long as a club to decide on a new permanent manager compared to other clubs? Tottenham took 1-2 days & look where they are now.

clovis

You obviously didn't watch much of Freddie...

I saw his debut mate. Freddie was nothing more than a decent player who worked in our system. He was easily the weakest permanent member of the side during 98-2004.

the only time he looked world class was in 2002, but that was a purple patch and not his true reflection as a player. He was a decent player who had one world class patch. He was not a world class player.

A world class player is someone that you can put in any top side and he would shine. Freddie couldn’t do that at the top clubs of his era apart from Arsenal.

Do you really see him doing it at United, Chelsea (04-05), Milan, Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona? I don’t.

it is normal for fans to make excuses for their favorites. Now the excuse is that he was finished by 2006-2007 at the age of 29-30.

that is no age for a player to be done at the top level. No world class player will move to West Ham at that age.

No top club wanted Freddie in 2007 because he wasn’t a top player.

Freddie to Arsenal was what Henderson is to current Liverpool or Park was for SAF or Alonso was to Conte’s Chelsea. of course there are more examples too.

Freddie is no legend. He was lucky to go to the right top club at the right time who managed to make him work in a specific system and were not ambitious enough replace him with a superior player.

clovis

To add to the above, Freddie could have easily gone to Leeds, Sp**s, Villa or Blackburn etc instead of Arsenal and he wouldn’t have looked like a player who was too good for their level.

DasBootist

His runs off the ball were second to none during his time at Arsenal. For that alone, he was an important part of the team.

Don't get this fascination with a team needing 11 'world-class' players. It's unrealistic and every great team could do with a Ljungberg type.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His runs off the ball were second to none during his time at Arsenal. For that alone, he was an important part of the team.

Don't get this fascination with a team needing 11 'world-class' players. It's unrealistic and every great team could do with a Ljungberg type.

Exactly. The point is that he was a world class team player. Much like Ludovic Guly he was surrounded by many more naturally gifted players but his football IQ, work ethic and consistency made him far more valuable to us than other so called superstars we’ve signed since.

This isn’t FIFA.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Pep lost his first game with Barca, people need to chill.

Our display against Brighton was as much the defenders fault as it were the managers. Luiz is worse than Sendoros, Djouro, Squilaici, Cyan combined.

Pepes blue pill

I saw his debut mate. Freddie was nothing more than a decent player who worked in our system. He was easily the weakest permanent member of the side during 98-2004.

the only time he looked world class was in 2002, but that was a purple patch and not his true reflection as a player. He was a decent player who had one world class patch. He was not a world class player.

A world class player is someone that you can put in any top side and he would shine. Freddie couldn’t do that at the top clubs of his era apart from Arsenal.

Do you really see him doing it at United, Chelsea (04-05), Milan, Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona? I don’t.

it is normal for fans to make excuses for their favorites. Now the excuse is that he was finished by 2006-2007 at the age of 29-30.

that is no age for a player to be done at the top level. No world class player will move to West Ham at that age.

No top club wanted Freddie in 2007 because he wasn’t a top player.

Freddie to Arsenal was what Henderson is to current Liverpool or Park was for SAF or Alonso was to Conte’s Chelsea. of course there are more examples too.

Freddie is no legend. He was lucky to go to the right top club at the right time who managed to make him work in a specific system and were not ambitious enough replace him with a superior player.

going to all this effort and still convincing no one of your bullshit :lol::rofl::lol:

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Pep lost his first game with Barca, people need to chill.

Our display against Brighton was as much the defenders fault as it were the managers. Luiz is worse than Sendoros, Djouro, Squilaici, Cyan combined.

So it's the managers job to drop the mistake prone defenders

Top Bottom