• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham v Arsenal | December 9, 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Guess the result of the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need energy and pace, half of them can't run, tired of watching people just walking past Xhaka, Özil, Lacazette etc.
It's not as if they're offering anything with the ball either.
Look at how effective a midfield with Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum is, lets at least see something different.

vsFOhvk.png
Was just about to propose the same squad, think this is our A-team at the moment. A fast, dynamic midfield is the only thing we have been lacking this season, its the source of all our problems.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Drop Laca, Özil and change the CB pairing.

I know Kola is having a a good spell but I’d also like to see Tierney shoehorned into the team. Remember the days when Wenger would double up on his wingbacks?? :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Bellerin Chambers Luiz Tierney
Torreira
Pepe Xhaka Guendouzi Saka
Lacazette

Auba’s an interesting one. If we were doing well like you say I’d leave him out but we’re so desperate for a win he needs to start.

He’s played 90 minutes now four times in the last two weeks.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The thought of watching this match is so depressing. More Xhaka, more Pepe on the bench, more Özil and Auba wide. More of Lacazette even though he is terrible away from home. More of us struggling to deal with transition. More of David Luiz. More Kolasinac. We need to get back to basics and stop shoehorning. We need structure and we need energy and work rate. FFS Everton went 4 4 2 and beat Chelsea with Iwobi and Walcott on the flanks.

-----------------------------Leno
Bellerin-----Chambers-----Luiz------Tierney

AMN---------Guendouzi----Willock----Nelson

-----------------Pepe----------Auba----

Protect Bellerin and Tierney. Get AMN to tuck in when we to forward and let Pepe drift to the right. Encourage Nelson to get between lines.

Thank you.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Martinelli....Laca...Pepe

.........Matteo.........Maitland Niles
.....................Xhaka

Have Laca as false 9 to open up runs for Gabi and Pepe, but also help Midfield with build up. Niles as the only athletic CM we can come up with now, something we desperately need.

And back to basics. Keep the distance between defense and attack relatively short, and have all of them move synchronized.
Would go with Laca cause he can play that role, while Auba is proper poacher and runner; we would need more playmakers in to make that version work, especially on one of the wings. Think it's harder to balance our team with Auba up front then with Laca, plus, this also gets the best out of our best 2 wingers atm.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Iv heard it all now

He actually captained England youth teams as a midfielder, it was his position.
He was only promoted as a right back because Southampton had problems in that position and he did well so he stayed there.
Les Reed who worked for Southampton and England as a youth coach said that should be his position (a while back).
He also played there for Fulham last season and won player of the season.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He actually captained England youth teams as a midfielder, it was his position.
He was only promoted as a right back because Southampton had problems in that position and he did well so he stayed there.
Les Reed who worked for Southampton and England as a youth coach said that should be his position (a while back).
He also played there for Fulham last season and won player of the season.
Hes an ok player. Squad filler level for us, at least at the moment. Maybe he could be a starter for some teams but even then I have my doubts.
Just think the term “English Busquets” is a ridiculous and frankly insulting comparison (to Busquets).

he comes across well though and seems to be well liked, just doubt his ability

GoonerJay24

I wonder if it's worth giving Luiz a place next to Torreira though, giving that a crack then obviously have Holding in the backline. Luiz runs the ball forward & got a good pass on him, he's played there with Chelsea before & didn't look out of place.

Luiz is too Sloppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom