• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
The man is handsome af as well, think he looks a lot like Gordon-Levitt. The ladies would storm to the emirates, i hear from good sauces.
Why do you care about his looks? Our new manager could look like Iain Dowie for all I care, as long as he’s competent. @GDeep™ we were saying the other day that this forums full of people obsessed with other men’s looks

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Can’t say I saw this. In terms of Wenger and the players our biggest issue was Wenger showing too much faith in the potential of many.

In 20 years I’m not sure I can say I saw players not try, or go hiding under Wenger.

Perhaps I should've been more clear in trying to bring my point across.

It was more the fact that, despite them knowing they were not good enough to wear Arsenal's shirt, they knew they were going to be given a multitude of chances to come good when the reality is they didn't have the quality.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
What you need is somebody who will drill the players on the training ground. Everything else is secondary.

I totally agree to this given you follow a certain agenda and target which is deeemed most important for the here and now.

In the short term we'd do best with a Mourinho/Ancelotti type of manager as they command huge respect due to their past success and character.

But I'd see both as not following the playing style we seek to achieve in the longterm, at least not as to how the broad majority of the fans expect us to play - fluent attacking football over anything else.

So if you see a bigger importance to sort out the more distant future from this day on rather than to fix the current situation for the remainder of this season, I see more value in going with someone like Arteta that at least could give you a fresh new start with exactly the style of play we ultimately want to get back to.

Poch, in that sense, was the ideal candidate as he combined those two agendas perfectly.

Nagelsmann, Ten Haag and Rose are the ones that could be achievable in two years' time, let's try to be bold now as long as you don't get a perfect match.

And boy, how I'd LOVE to see Alonso join Arteta's staff. That guy has a similar aura as Zidane and got similar praise as Arteta by dozens of people.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would Alonso leave Sociedad's B team to be Arteta's #2?

When Arteta knocks, it’s a different knock at the door.

Young-Mikel-Arteta-Xabi-Alonso.jpg

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
****ing hell, imagine where we could have been today if Raul had gone for Luis Enrique instead of Emery 18 months ago. Worst thing is that Enrique apparently wanted the job and he reportedly said no to further negotiations with Chelsea because he reportedly prefered Arsenal over Chelsea, but the board apparently selected Emery cause he was the candidate who identified most Gunner players by their names.
and what would have happened when Enrique's daughter was desperately ill and then died - do you think he would have stayed in London?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Interesting comments on blue moon, some say Arteta is too quiet on the bench, others saying he’s part of a regime that isn’t playing Foden, playing a high line, not making subs quick enough etc.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Interesting comments on blue moon, some say Arteta is too quiet on the bench, others saying he’s part of a regime that isn’t playing Foden, playing a high line, not making subs quick enough etc.
they're playing the 'didn't want him anyway' game, in case he leaves - we are all world champions at that particular game

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Are any defensive coaches linked to Arteta? Was hoping his #2 would be some old mofo with experience, tactics & wisdom.

Its like Sky Sports Masters Football coaching edition ffs. What is going on.

mastersfootball.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
Much as I like Arteta, there’s definitely a cultural bias in favour of Spanish coaches following Pep/ their international success. We’d never consider Mikel if he was called Phil and had been born in Bolton.

Not sure it’s warranted either, as most of the Spanish contingent managing at the top level (Enrique, Emery, Marcelino, Benitez, Valverde) are deeply uninspiring, while Pep identifies strongly as Catalan.

It’s why I’ll be voting for The Brexit Party on December 12th.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Arteta with Alonso as his assistant. Two modern and English speaking human beings.

This is going to be glorious. @rich 1990 is turning in his grave.
What are you on about? I'm always a big advocate of speaking proper English. It's why i'm always having a go at Trilly.

Don't agree with it necessarily but i'll back anyone that takes over and i won't moan from minute one like some people.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta was a great player btw. You feel the game is now more open to appreciating players like him.

A player of his quality won’t be going to France, Scotland, Everton etc before joining a top club in his latter years.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Arteta was a great player btw. You feel the game is now more open to appreciating players like him.

A player of his quality won’t be going to France, Scotland, Everton etc before joining a top club in his latter years.
He really reinvented himself later on after 25-26. I remember him being a narky little thug for Everton playing out-wide whipping in balls. Played with a proper attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom