• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Ahh top 4 the virtual trophy. Never built on the invincibles and was kept way too long. Had he been replaced when Klopp or Guardiola were available and both natural successors we would very likely have won the PL during those years.
Pep would never have come here. Guy needs a billion dollars to do anything.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
We need to stop talking about Klopp and Guardiola

The fact that we are most strongly linked to someone who has never managed tells you that there was no way we would ever go for those types of manages whether or not Wenger was here when they were available.

say yes

forum master baiter
Seriously, I'd wake up and smell the coffee. We're way more likely to get relegated than qualify for Europe. We're in a scrap now whether you like it or not and this squad has neither the stomach or the strength of character for a fight.
Not getting drawn into this hystericism.

We’re currently odds on to finish 7th (which would normally qualify for the EL), whereas the best odds I can find for us getting relegated are 90/1 on Betfair.

There’s a massive windfall for you there if you’re correct. So either go put your money where your mouth is (and let us know so we can all laugh at you at the end of the season), or shut up.

We did build on the invincibles, we built a new stadium and maintained CL.
Build as in team! It helps to build from a position of strength, win the the league, draw a line under it immediately and strengthen the squad from a position of strength, something I don't think Wenger ever did, from memory I don't think we ever looked to strengthen after winning the league just rested on our laurels

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It would be insane for the board not to atleast respect the risk of relegation.

Thats a bad run coming up & we could easily slip under the 40 point projection next few weeks. 19 points from 15 games before this run of games ffs.

If Auba gets injured or a transfer in Jan we are ****ed.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Build as in team! It helps to build from a position of strength, win the the league, draw a line under it immediately and strengthen the squad from a position of strength, something I don't think Wenger ever did, from memory I don't think we ever looked to strengthen after winning the league just rested on our laurels

We couldn’t buy players like Chelsea or Utd could. Considering the limitations up until about 2014/15 I’d say he was doing an amazing job.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Arteta don't want to get job now then he'll never get it we'll either hire manager next few weeks or get manager in summwr

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It would be insane for the board not to atleast respect the risk of relegation.

Thats a bad run coming up & we could easily slip under the 40 point projection next few weeks. 19 points from 15 games before this run of games ffs.

If Auba gets injured or a transfer in Jan we are ****ed.
Players also need to work hard for themselves too the board can't do anything if the players stop feeling sorry and start preforming as team

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Thoughts on Kovac making contact with the club because he wants the job?
He'll fail. He depends on speedy wingers, and attacking forward moving defenders that can get back quickly, which Bayern did not have, and nor do we. His tactics also have proven to fail to penetrate deep defensive teams. Bayern under him also couldn't press defensively (counter-press).

He wouldn't work here. He'd suit a team like Pool well.

blaze_of_glory

Odd place to draw the line then.

Its been debacle up top for over a decade now.
Its the most obvious line that can be drawn. Guy who had all that influence leaves after 22 years, sea change at the club in terms of management structure, etc.

Been handled awfully. And Wenger was a salve covering over any debacle up above him while he was here. We were literally winning trophies in his few years, now we're in the worst state in the EPL era. Can't be any clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom