• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
All the posters who were constantly clamouring for Özil to be restored to the starting lineup should be permanently banned as they clearly have no affiliation to our beloved club.

• He’s back in the team
  • Has done fvck all
  • We’re on our worst run since this song topped the UK charts

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Aaron Ramsey was massively overrated and we haven't really lost much after selling him. He barely plays for Juventus because he's always injured and when he's fit he's on the bench anyway. Guys like Maddison and Grealish will surpass him.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Aaron Ramsey was massively overrated and we haven't really lost much after selling him. He barely plays for Juventus because he's always injured and when he's fit he's on the bench anyway. Guys like Maddison and Grealish will surpass him.
Juve just love stockpiling free agents, Emre Can is looking to leave in January, and Ramsey will return to England after two seasons on the Juve bench too probably.

BigPoppaPump

Juve just love stockpiling free agents, Emre Can is looking to leave in January, and Ramsey will return to England after two seasons on the Juve bench too probably.

Does Ramsey's body even have another 2 years? His injuries are even worse at Juventus and his problems are muscle injuries, his thighs and hamstrings always causing him issues.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Big fan of both Grealish and Maddison but bear in mind neither has cracked double digit goals like he had in the league when he was their age.

Also did it in just 23 games, guy consistently pop: up with goals, big game player. Also he’s done well at Juve, their play definitely suffers without him from what I’ve seen.

BigPoppaPump

Big fan of both Grealish and Maddison but bear in mind neither has cracked double digit goals like he had in the league when he was their age.

Also did it in just 23 games, guy consistently pop: up with goals, big game player. Also he’s done well at Juve, their play definitely suffers without him from what I’ve seen.

All he would ever do is run straight into the box and ignore all his other duties so no wonder he scored goals. Also he's barely played for Juventus so you can't say that he's been injured most of the season. I watched him in the Atletico game and he was terrible got subbed off.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

All he would ever do is run straight into the box and ignore all his other duties so no wonder he scored goals. Also he's barely played for Juventus so you can't say that he's been injured most of the season. I watched him in the Atletico game and he was terrible got subbed off.

I mean surely if it was that simple lots of players would be able to do what he did and rack up the numbers.

In the league he’s missed four games though injury, was on the bench for three but started seven. It’s not the best but they’ve got a stacked squad and they rotate a lot.

BigPoppaPump

I mean surely if it was that simple lots of players would be able to do what he did and rack up the numbers.

In the league he’s missed four games though injury, was on the bench for three but started seven. It’s not the best but they’ve got a stacked squad and they rotate a lot.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but I don't think he's that big of a loss.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but I don't think he's that big of a loss.

Fair enough, either way I think we suffered from not getting a box to box player to replace him or someone who can get into the box.

BigPoppaPump

Fair enough, either way I think we suffered from not getting a box to box player to replace him or someone who can get into the box.

I just don't think we buy players with a specific style or formation in mind. Just expect the manager to figure it out and that's why Arsène and Emery were having struggling with this lot.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Transfermarkt say that he’s missed 5 through injury, 3 starts, 4 subs and 3 as an unused sub. He’s only played 322 minutes so far in the league for Juve which is just 52 minutes more than Monreal has played for us this season and he’s injured at this very moment.

Apart from not replacing him it doesn’t look like we’ve made the wrong decision on him so far tbf

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
An unpopular opinion that used to be popular before the season started:

This squad is good enough for top 4

BigPoppaPump

An unpopular opinion that used to be popular before the season started:

This squad is good enough for top 4

Elaborate? It's been 3 seasons now they haven't made it. More evidence to suggest they aren't good enough than the other way.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Kolasniac has been our best player of the season behind Auba and Leno, definitely been our best defender this season.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Elaborate?
Most thought that the squad was good enough for top 4 right before the season started. Fewer fans believe so at this moment. I still believe the squad is good enough for top 4 but the manager hasn’t since Wenger left.

ScotsGooner89

The Ramsey post influenced me to go watch a few YouTube videos of his best in an arsenal shirt. Had some pretty outstanding qualities as a player, wish he was still here tbh.

BigPoppaPump

Most thought that the squad was good enough for top 4 right before the season started. Fewer fans believe so at this moment. I still believe the squad is good enough for top 4 but the manager hasn’t since Wenger left.

I added some to my post after but it's been 3 seasons now they haven't made it. More evidence to suggest they aren't good enough than the other way.

'Most people thought it' isn't a good enough reason the masses are just sheep and parrots, I want to know why YOU think the squad is good enough despite all the evidence.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I added some to my post after but it's been 3 seasons now they haven't made it. More evidence to suggest they aren't good enough than the other way.
I think we’ve made some good additions to the squad and most have been an upgrade or an equally good player since the start of the 17/18 season. Excluding players that have replaced Koscielny and Ramsey.
With a better manager (or probably Wenger) we would’ve reached top 4 by at least the end of this season imo.
'Most people thought it' isn't a good enough reason the masses are just sheep and parrots, I want to know why YOU think the squad is good enough despite all the evidence.
Not sure I understand why you meant by this, good enough reason for what?

Top Bottom