• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham v Arsenal | December 9, 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Guess the result of the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
One of the things I noticed is that AMN cut inside when dribbling a lot - he wasn't forced to stay up against the byline. I'm wondering if this is at Freddie's direct orders or if Freddie has given him more freedom. I like this from AMN because it allows him to tap into his midfielder abilities and can create a lot of mismatches. He needs to carry on his runs though. There was a moment towards the end of the second half when he just stopped running with the ball and lost it.

Might be Freddie's instruction since Niles is not a fullback and offensively he is best when not on the wing (also helps to have Pepe there).
Anyhow, I am a fan of mismatches, and players doing something not so common for their positions, so it all works out for Maitland.
Not a long term solution, but, Bellerin beat be watching cause I am seriously concerned for him

ScotsGooner89

People saying it’s only West Ham are the same people who probably voted that we were gonna lose.

A win in the premier league is not easy as has been proven in the last 2 months. No where near a perfect game, the entire first half was almost shocking, but I’ve got a smile on my face and that’s what football is supposed to do.

MAP front 3 has to kept intact, all 3 are fast and direct which is how the team should set up. Torreira takes on a lot of responsibility to get the ball back and get the team going forward again, this needs to be encouraged.

I’d like ESR/nelson to be given a chance in the role Özil had today. Xhaka is the architect of all his own problems. Did some really good things at some points but his 2-3 **** passes a game are just not acceptable.

Chambers put in a very solid display and has a rightful claim to be the #1 CB at this moment, seen him trying to talk tactics with sok before the game and seen him directing play from the back quite a lot during the game. Putting his head where he can take a sore one just cemented it... none of our other defenders do that, they always turn away/duck.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
For all the talk of Torreira needing to play as the holder, ironically it was him getting between the lines which led to the equaliser which was the catalyst for that excellent spell where we showed our class.

You can’t expect people to actually understand football, they only parrot things they hear others say. No critical thought or your own opinions with football fans.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Might be Freddie's instruction since Niles is not a fullback and offensively he is best when not on the wing (also helps to have Pepe there).
Anyhow, I am a fan of mismatches, and players doing something not so common for their positions, so it all works out for Maitland.
Not a long term solution, but, Bellerin beat be watching cause I am seriously concerned for him
I wouldn't be. These niggling injuries will happen when off after a long time. If it persists throughout this year, then I would say be worried. But even then I'd give him the summer to see how he does next season.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We won a game, Laca haven't played and members still find some negative words about him ffs.

Sadly there is only a place for one striker and Auba is more important for us there.

Saka-Laca-Nelson on Thursday please.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Kola been good this season to be fair not fan of him but you have to give him credit he is improving.

Deki

Special mention to Kolasinac, been our best outfield player since Freddie took over imo.

All this "he cant cross etc etc". I've said it before - 64 appearances now, 11 assists.

Bellerins had 18 assists in close to 150 appearances and is nowhere near as dangerous as Kola. Credit where its due, gets a bad rap when in reality he is far from a concern.

ScotsGooner89

Kola gets a bad rep on here for no real good reason. If he improved his final ball he’d be probably the most dangerous left back in the world. The fact he doesn’t always get it right doesn’t then drop him down to being a useless left back.

Tierney has a much higher ceiling though and I really hope the fans give him a fair crack at it. Already seen rumblings of negativity towards him in the match thread.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Kola gets a bad rep on here for no real good reason. If he improved his final ball he’d be probably the most dangerous left back in the world. The fact he doesn’t always get it right doesn’t then drop him down to being a useless left back.

Tierney has a much higher ceiling though and I really hope the fans give him a fair crack at it. Already seen rumblings of negativity towards him in the match thread.
I see no reason why Tierney and Kola may not sometimes play in the same line-up, like Gibbs and Monreal used to in the old days.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I’m fuming. I’ve become so jaded I forgot to DVR the game. And we win for the first time in forever. Clearly I’m the new A-M can’t watch-good luck charm. :mad:
Looks like some young guys played well. I’ll take that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes definitely think Torreira benefited from choosing when to step up the pitch, rather than be thrust up there for the entirety of the match, gives the oppo's something to think about and makes it more difficult to mark him out of the game.
That what Torreira strength he DM and ball winner you shouldn't play in other position we Emery messed him up by trying make him like Kante with Chelsea.

ScotsGooner89

I see no reason why Tierney and Kola may not sometimes play in the same line-up, like Gibbs and Monreal used to in the old days.

Did Gibbs play LW your meaning or was monreal already being used at CB by then.

I think both of them are definitely LB/LWB though and playing them anywhere else would be a bit strange. We’ve seen enough of players being played out of position at this club to last us a lifetime...this season alone.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Did Gibbs play LW your meaning or was monreal already being used at CB by then.

I think both of them are definitely LB/LWB though and playing them anywhere else would be a bit strange. We’ve seen enough of players being played out of position at this club to last us a lifetime...this season alone.
Both on the left. Have to be 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. When he first arrived I thought Kola might be able to play as an emergency centre-back (better suited physically than Monreal) but not so sure now.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
All our goals came from quick transition. You could see we're working on a quicker passing moves.

That trio upfront with a stronger midfield should eat up most teams.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
All our goals came from quick transition. You could see we're working on a quicker passing moves.

That trio upfront with a stronger midfield should eat up most teams.
With all that speed and the problems we have in midfield there's a strong argument to mix our play with more long balls to the wings and getting our three front players up there quickly to worry defences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom