• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Even if he doesn’t score or assist his sheer work rate will be a problem to the opposition. How can you not love this player? Should be starting every game.

Got that Sanchez like energy, where he is always trying, brings much needed urgency to what has been a very laid back attack in the last few months...definitely our best left winger!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Love his work rate, but it burns you out. Hope he knows how to manage himself through games. Will lead to problems when he's in his prime at Barcelona.
Depends on his stamina some players just never look tired like Ramaey he run all over the pitch or Kante

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It was border line criminal Saka was starting games ahead of him. Nothing against Saka, he is a youngster with potential but it was clear he isn't ready to start games for us on a regular basis, he still needs to gradually get used to this level. Whereas Martinelli even a blind person could see he was ready.
Not really sure what was going on with Saka. I mean I like the kid but I almost ripped my hair out when Freddie continued to start him ahead of Pepe and Martinelli.

Glad that weird phase is over.

pacstud

Best thing (on top of soooo many accolades) is his strength. No problems in traffic and STRONG in the box.

Great player all-around.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can’t say enough about his work rate either. when the more experienced players are jogging back, if at all, Martinelli is busting a but to get back into position. Players like Willock should really learn from this. That kind of desire is what will help a young player break into the first team and stay there. Nothing will be handed to you, you have to work hard for every opportunity, and I hope that’s the message that Freddie is passing on.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Even if he doesn’t score or assist his sheer work rate will be a problem to the opposition. How can you not love this player? Should be starting every game.

The other pleasant suprise is his incredible maturity , hardly even celebrated the goal and I loved the way he celebrated with Pepe with the 2nd obviously the kids are tight .

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The other pleasant suprise is his incredible maturity , hardly even celebrated the goal and I loved the way he celebrated with Pepe with the 2nd obviously the kids are tight .
He seems like a player we can build on. Think he was the steal of the window for us. A real gem! And as you say, seems really mature.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I love this guy, I want to get his name on my next jersey but I don't want to put the mocker on, everytime I've put a name on the players have left a few months later (first Fabregas, 2nd Van Persie) hahaha. Probably best to leave it off. We've got to find a way to keep this guy in the 11.
Please don't print his name on your jersey! We need to hang on to that talent. He is really showing some promise.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Please don't print his name on your jersey! We need to hang on to that talent. He is really showing some promise.
Nah mate don't worry I won't, I'd already made my decision :lol: Anyway, this guys enthusiasm & energy is 1st class, after our 2nd & 3rd goals I loved his celebrations, coming straight over to the players with such joy. Not just him but every player just came running straight over with joy on their faces!

Gooner_girl14

In our worst season ever (so far) in decades, he's probably been the only positive. I don't want to over-hype young players, but I get the same feeling with him that I did with Cesc (though Cesc was younger) - that he's going to be a very special player. He just doesn't hide and gets stuck in 100%, a grittiness that we've been lacking for a long time.

Zaza

Long term CF option. I always had a feeling he'd be better off there after watching his first few games for us. Technique isn't the greatest but it's something he can work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom