• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Raul should ask for a reference.

laurent-koscielny-paulo-sousa-365x243.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Paulo Sousa was good when managed fiorentina but he should be no where near to manage top 6 club everywhere in top European leagues

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Poch won't be free though, he'd be like 12M right?
I've heard these reports. Now anyone correct me if I'm wrong but...

Poch was sacked by Sp**s and will be paid out the remainder of his contract (around 12M) unless he gets a new role, compensation is usually only paid until the sacked manager gets a new job.

I believe this 12M figure comes because it wouldn't be worth Poch's time to pick a job that would pay him less than that 12M figure over the next however many years remained on his Sp**s contract before he was sacked (lets assume 3). Because he could earn 12M by sitting on his ass for the next 3 years we'd have to make it worth his while by offering to pay him 15M over the next three years or something like that.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We're going for Mike and Vieira for all the wrong reasons.

Was listening to the arsecast from after the Brighton game and they raised the very good point that the club should do what they, with their footballing knowledge, see as the right course of action. Not what a bunch of bums on this forum (myself included) or on social media think is the right call.

They're trying to appease the fans with a quick fix instead of selling us a project and trying to make it true.

We haven't got anyone with a spine in the club and it has permeated all the way down to the tea person.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Well it must be an intimidating job. I mean everybody except Erlis can see how crap our midfield is.

To be fair, the squad as a whole isn't to far off the top, as I said yesterday again, the real quality of this side was shown in those ten minutes not the 60 aweful minutes before.

We are shot on confidence completely, but hopefully got that mojo back now.

For being competitive again, we'll need to have a massive run to get back full believe and someone like Partey and Demiral to make up for the lack of balance in the squad.

TornadoTed

Established Member
To be fair, the squad as a whole isn't to far off the top, as I said yesterday again, the real quality of this side was shown in those ten minutes not the 60 aweful minutes before.

We are shot on confidence completely, but hopefully got that mojo back now.

For being competitive again, we'll need to have a massive run to get back full believe and someone like Partey and Demiral to make up for the lack of balance in the squad.

I don't think our squad is that bad either, football moves very fast too, for example only 5 players remain from the 2015-16 squad and one them is Elneny who is as good as gone.

As you say 2-3 signings to give us balance, the right manager and confidence could turn this club on it's head in no time.

clovis

Arteta will make up PL champions within 4-5 seasons.

our trophy drought ended after his arrival as a player and our league drought will end after his arrival as a manager.

it is his destiny..

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

our trophy drought ended after his arrival as a player and our league drought will end after his arrival as a manager.

it is his destiny..
Are you drunk? We are light years behind this Liverpool team.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
4-5 seasons is not that unrealistic. Klopp has already said he's going to take a sabbatical when his contract ends in June 2022, so he's got two more seasons there.

Besides, things change quickly in football. Not too long ago people were predicting that City would win the league every year for the foreseeable future after getting 100 points, yet 18 months later they look like a spent force.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

it is his destiny..
Where do you come up with this ****?
How is It you rate Arteta higher as a player than Freddie?
What the F does their playing ability have to do with their managerial ability?
How much are you paying for that Angel dust?

clovis

liverpool finished 8th in 2015-16.. only two seasons ago they were like 25 points behind Man City..

They bridged the gap almost immediately because of mainly three players: Van Dijk, Fabinho and Alisson..

A top manager at Arsenal can bridge the gap in 4-5 seasons..

I believe Arteta is a top top manager in the making and we will badly regret it if turn him down because he hasn’t proved himself yet.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
at Arsenal can bridge the gap in 4-5 seasons..

I believe Arteta is a top top manager in the making and we will badly regret it if turn him down because he hasn’t proved himself yet.
Lovely, do you have anything to suggest Arteta is a top coach though? I'm open to it, just want to know where all the hype comes from.

clovis

Where do you come up with this ****?
How is It you rate Arteta higher as a player than Freddie?
What the F does their playing ability have to do with their managerial ability?
How much are you paying for that Angel dust?

I rate both at the same level as players. Very good players but not elite level. At no point in their careers were they among the best in their positions..

Freddie has higher stock with Arsenal fans because he joined the club at the right time.. had he played in the 2010s he would be one of the most criticized players.

as managers I rate Arteta far more.. he has always come across as someone with deep understanding of the game.

as assistant managers, Ljungberg spent time at Wolfsburg when they were battling to stay in the top flight and also under Emery while Arteta was handpicked by Pep to be his second in command at City.. a world of difference.

in 10 years time, I see Arteta as someone with multiple league titles and perhaps a Champions League title as well.

while I see Freddie coaching in Sweden, maybe a weak MLS side or some club in India.

I just hope Arteta wins those trophies with Arsenal and not City, who clearly trust his capabilities more than we do..

When we offered Arteta to work with a bunch of below average academy players, City were happy to make them their no 2. Had we shown more faith, we could have made him Wenger’s no 2 in 2016-17 and then have him succeed the man internally in 2018..

TornadoTed

Established Member
No reason it should take 4-5 years. As I said above we have virtually changed our whole squad since 2015-16. Football moves fast and a lot can happen in 12 months, look at Chelsea going from finishing 10th to Champions as an example or Leicester finishing 9th last season and challenging this year as another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom