• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpho

Established Member
I was just going to write that! Such a nice gesture. Guess not all kids are doomed in the ages of self loathing. He certainly could teach a couple, what it means putting on our colours!

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Will be one of the worlds best at some point just a hunch.

The level of Cristiano Ronaldo or Thierry Henry at their peak is something I have yet to see, but I really believe he has the potential to reach peak Alexis Sanchez or Luis Suarez level, which would be enough to provide Arsenal with some world-class quality, but it has a lot to do with how much he will focus on his development and how free of injuries he will be.

First he will have to work hard to make Arsenal better, then we'll see where he and Arsenal can get to.

DasBootist

The level of Cristiano Ronaldo or Thierry Henry at their peak is something I have yet to see, but I really believe he has the potential to reach peak Alexis Sanchez or Luis Suarez level, which would be enough to provide Arsenal with some world-class quality, but it has a lot to do with how much he will focus on his development and how free of injuries he will be.

First he will have to work hard to make Arsenal better, then we'll see where he and Arsenal can get to.
Martinelli has exceeded expectations in his limited game time. Why are you comparing him to Ronaldo and Henry?

He needs to play a lot more for that kind of comparison.

I'm loving what I've seen from him thus far.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Love that he has that fight in him. Doesn't shy away from 50/50s, etc.

Hopefully he'll start more, but the club needs to manage him properly, as well.

Can see him getting on the end of some nasty challenges.

HaffBR

Martinelli has exceeded expectations in his limited game time. Why are you comparing him to Ronaldo and Henry?

He needs to play a lot more for that kind of comparison.

I'm loving what I've seen from him thus far.

If you can see, I was replying to a post.

Exceeding expectations or not it is a subjective thing, everyone has their expectations, it is not consensual. I hope he would be good/world-class player at some point in the future based on his performance with the 17-year-old in the São Paulo state league.

But the best in the world is something I have yet to see, and at some point Henry and Cristiano were the best in the world.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
At one point he left Snodgrass to run at Tierney (While he was still on). KT kaked him out and it didn't happen again until he was absolutely wacked in the second half. I love that. He learned in an instant... not over four games. Not to say he is sensational in defence, he isn't but his willingness to grow is obvious.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Its a shame the likes of Reiss and Saka haven't taken their chances like him especially Saka considering how many starts he had. Sure they are young but so is Martinelli. At the end of the day its his mentality that seperates them
Just the way of life. Somebody has to be the best, somebody has to be the rest.

Football is a funny old game. Saka looks to be the best ball striker of the bunch (Nelson no slouch though), Nelson looks to the best most technically gifted but Martinelli just has something in his brain that makes him the better player right now.

DasBootist

Football is a funny old game. Saka looks to be the best ball striker of the bunch (Nelson no slouch though), Nelson looks to the best most technically gifted but Martinelli just has something in his brain that makes him the better player right now.
Confidence and belief in ones self are two important traits for footballers. Martinelli looks to have both in abundance, whilst also being a workhorse.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Confidence and belief
Huge. One of the things I like about Rashford.

His breakthrough season was pretty much fuelled by being fearless, he was far from the cleanest prospect but he didn't care about anything or anyone.:lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Peak Suarez was on the level of Henry and Ronaldo.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I knew he would be a star when I saw how confident he was singing his induction song, looked like he was having fun. Most of the time they look nervous.

He's got that world class player swagger to him.

HaffBR

Saka is the best technically and will probably be a very good player at some point too, but today Martinelli probably has more game intelligence and better off-ball movement than the other youths, in the goal Martinelli scored yesterday, Saka would not have scored. Saka would probably be blocking Kolasinac's progression in that move and trying to make the cross himself.

Now, although Martinelli does not have the same technique as Saka (first touch and dribbling especially) in my opinion he still has a good technique, a good pass and very good repertoire of finishes that more his movement makes him a more goal threat. I can't say something about Nelson from now.

Just what I think for the moment.
Today Martinelli maybe the better overall, tomorrow (literally) could be Saka or Nelson. I don't see one above the other right now.

JoaoFelix

Martinelli is devoted and a hardworking guy, this is the main difference between him and Saka, Nelson. It makes a huge difference at the top level. This is why I think this guy going to be a top player. People often forget mindset plays a huge part in the success of an athlete.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli is devoted and hardworking guy, this is the main difference between him and Saka, Nelson. This is why I think this guy going to be a top player. People often forget mindset plays a huge part in the success of an athlete.
Agree hard work and mental strength is big part in sport hopefully Martinelli display will inspire Saka Nelson.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Interesting that people are comparing the differences between Martinelli, Nelson & Saka.
I would agree in that it is a mental strength/hunger to succeed.

for me our academy lads have a lot to do/prove which they really haven’t with maybe the exception of AMN. They’ve all had plenty of chances with varying degrees of success. i would have thought they would have jumped at the chance to make their mark on the team but its fair to say they haven’t.

Big 6 months for them ahead otherwise they will be shifted

Pepes blue pill

Most excited a been about a young player here since cesc, the talent is just easy to see, hope he starts against city, could cause that defence trouble but also be a good test for him against a pacy player like walker, assuming walker is still there starting rb

JoaoFelix

Agree hard work and mental strength is big part in sport hopefully Martinelli display will inspire Saka Nelson.
Not only in sport but it applies to life too.

This is why Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi have been at the top for a decade. This is why Lebron is Lebron. Hard work and dedication always pays off.

I was reading an article about Haaland which was saying he was always the first one showing up at training and the last one leaving. All these teammates praises how dedicated he is, despite his young age.
Now he has 27 goals in 20 games, also scored 8 goals in the UCL. He's 19 years old. He has an elite mentality, that's why he is the best teenager in the world right now. I think Martinelli is that sort of guy aswell.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Reiss has a slightly better strike than Saka, particularly on the volley. Saka has a short backlift though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom