• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clovis

Every great manager has ups & downs as Carlo today.. but certain clubs had the courage to put faith in them..

If everyone thought like some Arsenal fans here, no new manager would ever get a chance to make his mark..

Ancelotti is past his prime. Arteta is untested.

you have a greater chance of giving a young stallion a chance rather than flogging a dead horse like Ancelotti..

Ancelotti will keep the club afloat for a few years but I don’t see him as someone who can make us champions in a few seasons..

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Apart from pep’s and a few players reports on him I’m struggling to see any evidence being put forward for Mikel being a better option than ljungberg.

Pep was never going to dismiss Mikel as anything but great when asked, and the players are definitely not going to speak bad of an assistant manager.

He perhaps isn’t even being groomed for the job once pep leaves like people claim. There is reports they brought in Gio Van Bronckhorst for that.
People also forget how City hyped up Vieira a few years ago.

Predicates

One to keep an eye on.

Last CL game tonight & last game before winter break on the 22nd.

Ancelotti would be a bad choice. He's past his prime, was sacked by Bayern for losing the dressing room and is about to be sacked by Napoli for the same reason.

He's known for low-intensity training sessions and giving his players a lot of leeway. That sort of a manager would be disastrous for us at the moment.

clovis

Apart from pep’s and a few players reports on him I’m struggling to see any evidence being put forward for Mikel being a better option than ljungberg.

Pep was never going to dismiss Mikel as anything but great when asked, and the players are definitely not going to speak bad of an assistant manager.

He perhaps isn’t even being groomed for the job once pep leaves like people claim. There are reports they brought in Gio Van Bronckhorst for that.

but even Freddie’s family members don’t talk about his credentials.

With Arteta you have a giant like Pep handpicking him as his number 2 and then you have the likes of Wenger and Poch and basically everyone who knows him big him up.

But of course Arsenal fans know better.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why does this same argument keep coming up with Freddie and Arteta? They’re both inexperienced, both been coaching for three years, both have ties to the club. The one thing Freddie has in his favour is one season of managing the U23s (I’m not counting his U15s work). With that being said, Ljungberg has been in and around the club for 3 years as a coach and they see more potential in Arteta after having interviewed him for a few hours. It’s as simple as that really. “They’re both inexperienced so it doesn’t make a difference which one manages us” is not a valid argument.

Last edited:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Tosker and Makingtrax reading this:
neuer.gif
Was that the moment when Bayern got Arsenal in the CL?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Although Arteta could prove to be a masterstroke, we're at a stage when this is too much of a risk to take.
What if his plans don't work, we could be looking back to a below 10th position come May and key players looking to leave.

We need someone established to hit the ground running, has PL experience, speaks the language, stabilize the defence (if that is possible with the 3 clowns we have at CB).
Rafa would probably work on a short 6 months term, but he's getting paid a lot in China and I doubt he would leave them.

As Rodgers is unavailable anymore, Pochettino fits this bill and he is available to start very quick.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ancelloti would be good choice because of his past experience he worked with top clubs real Madrid PSG Chelsea the problem that his wages can be high plus his personality got weaker in time similar to wenger his tactics too. Napoli play good football under him the problem is similar to wenger against solid defense he'll be clueless.

let's not forget this is the same guy who beat us 10-2 2 years ago.

zhaggy

There is quite the difference in quality if you compare our team with City´s , not to mention that they basically have two world class players for every position. Arteta would have to adjust the tactics according to that to get us competing again, something i have my doubts about.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Football is funny. Arteta was apparently close last time before Ivan bottled last minute and got impressed by Emery.

I suspect we’ll see the same now, Arteta close according to Ornstein, but Ancelotti maybe becoming available soon and giving Arsenal something to think about.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don’t know what’s taking so long if Arteta is our #1 target.

I said this about Poch, surely out of those available he’d be the clear number one yet we’re waiting on Marcelino’s interview? Weird.
Are we waiting for Carlo? I doubt it.

I don’t like what’s happening so far, there’s no standout candidates with the ones we’re being strongly linked with.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He perhaps isn’t even being groomed for the job once pep leaves like people claim. There are reports they brought in Gio Van Bronckhorst for that.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-give-giovanni-van-20847635

Nobody at City is grooming Arteta for anything more than being an assistant. They even want to bring back Torrent to be Pep's right hand man again. This Arteta talk is so much hot air, don't get why so many are jumping on the bandwagon or even go to the length of making stuff up. Arteta to Arsenal will end like Ole at United.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I said this about Poch, surely out of those available he’d be the clear number one yet we’re waiting on Marcelino’s interview? Weird.
Are we waiting for Carlo? I doubt it.

I don’t like what’s happening so far, there’s no standout candidates with the ones we’re being strongly linked with.
Potch has probably told us he’s not interested. Ornstein or Balague are not mentioning him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom