• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Because nobody ever saw him coach a team himself.

For a team as big as Arsenal you simply cannot hand the reigns to a former player, just because he proved to be a very good assistant to an established coach. Going by that token, we could as well hand the post to Tony Adams :)

Wonder how other cases turned out: Meulensteen didn't set the world alight when he left Ferguson, neither did Buvac, Queiroz etc...

Arsène had already managed and had league title to his name, etc

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
It was the first english source I could find, but it's been widely reported that van Brocnkhorst is working at City behind the scenes.

And that's exactly the problem: Nobody knows how good or bad he is, because he's just not a manager yet, has never managed anything on his own. Shambolic if Arsenal get someone in like that on the grounds of paper talk and impressions. Arsenal hire manager now because Pep said he's a good assistant? Baffling.

I like you as a poster, and I believe you are better then that. I get people on here might want Arteta cause of the 'paper talk' but if you really think board would go for him based on that same paper talk or few comments by Pep then I am seriously wrong about you

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sure how we can sack Freddie to employ a man (Arteta) with less experience than him? Feels like a backwards step, especially with how good the relationship looks between Freddie and the squad here.
If it was just about experience we’ll give the job to Bould or Vieira.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Pep's and Zidane's experience as youth coaches isn't much more of an experience than being the one doing the training sessions for the best team in the world.

What's the difference between being head coach and a very very active co-manager ?
It's mostly the pressure and the task of man management with the team, it's not the training part or tactical part.

Do you learn that with kids as youth coach?
You learn it when you get your first big job.
Pep and Zidane simply had the character, the respect and social skills to deal with it when the got pushed in.

Teach yourself how to swim, some drown and never recover, ..

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Because nobody ever saw him coach a team himself.

For a team as big as Arsenal you simply cannot hand the reigns to a former player, just because he proved to be a very good assistant to an established coach. Going by that token, we could as well hand the post to Tony Adams :)

Wonder how other cases turned out: Meulensteen didn't set the world alight when he left Ferguson, neither did Buvac, Queiroz etc...

For every failed assistant you name there are 3 previous assistants who turned out great.
I am not here to say Arteta would be great, but I am struggling to see ANY decent reason why we absolutely shouldn't get him. It's basically the same for those who want him in, but I find those who are against it much more Sure of his failure, and they back it up with nonsense

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I like you as a poster, and I believe you are better then that. I get people on here might want Arteta cause of the 'paper talk' but if you really think board would go for him based on that same paper talk or few comments by Pep then I am seriously wrong about you

Tbh I havw no confidence in the board or the execs at Arsenal at all. The board is absolutely complacent, always has been. Sanllehi was part of the group that got duped by Emery and his apparent intricate knowledge about all players. No idea what Edu is actually doing at Arsenal.

People can talk a big game, Emery seems to be a very good example of this, and then not deliver the goods. Arteta is a massive risk because there's nothing to back up what he might be saying in an interview or what other are saying about him. He might have good ideas or a certain vision, but is he able to implement it? He hasn't even tried his hand at youth level, or any other level. He might turn out to be the next manager Jesus but he might as well just be unable to get any of his ideas to work and miserably fail as a head coach/manager. Nobody knows but the risk to hire someone with zero credentials in this situation is ****ing massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom