• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
So a real possibility Tuchel, Diego, Potch, Allegri & a host of international managers could be after jobs this summer.

Hold fire!

Joestlaachmkr

Haven't the board saw what happening at manutd? I mean we don't have Woodward to mess every transfer window but hiring ex playee with no manager experience and the other one with bad record it won't make you good team
What i hate about this is the fact that the board were literally copying United by hiring Ljungberg as interim and hoping that he would have the same effect as Solskjaer had for United at the beginning of his management carreer for them, the difference though is that Solskjaer had much more coaching experience than what Freddie has. I used to laugh at Man United for hiring Solksjaer but then...

clovis

Arteta - Arsenal
Tuchel - Bayern
Pochettino - PSG
Allegri - United
Emery - Everton

Ancelotti back to his home Milan at some point in 2020 when Piolo inevitably gets the sack..

Perfect outcome for everyone..

Joestlaachmkr

If Poch, Allegri or Simeone are available, I could see them sacking Tuchel. Poch has said there are multiple projects on the table. We know Bayern aren't interested in him, so after Arsenal and United, there is a very high possibility that PSG have approached him.

I'd be wary of appointing Tuchel though. He didn't do very well at Dortmund and he hasn't significantly improved PSG since taking over there.
Wow.. You certainly have some bad information brother,

clovis

This is all Neymar influence.. he has had no impact on the pitch in terms of getting them close to the UCL title and is a liability in the dressing room..

Think PSG need to cash on both him and Mbappe in the summer and rebuild the squad with modest players and not demigods.

Poch would obviously be perfect to oversee the rebuild..

Joestlaachmkr

Tuchel is a Klopp wannabe.. don’t want him at the club.
Tuchel are nothing like Klopp, the two have completely different philosophies.

And generally speaking, Arsenal fans would not be happy if we appointed Pep or Klopp.. Gooners are world champs in complaining.

goonergaz

Experience is overrated. If we followed your line of thought then Chelsea would never employ Lampard because there are others with more relevant experience.

When does experience become a hinderance? In coaching it can be if your ideas aren’t fresh.

Sometimes you just have to invest in ideas, can’t always wait for the proven track record.

Experience is overrated? I'm sorry but but using Lampard (who is still unproven and at best an outliner) to argue against the universally accepted norm is not a great idea IMHO.

Sure you can have too much experience, but it's about getting the right balance. As it was Lampard did have that whole season with Derby where he almost got them promoted, but there's more, like the fact he knows Chelsea inside out and only 'left' a couple years ago, also the fact he'll know a lot of the youngsters coming through and Chelsea had a transfer ban. Lampard was also a club legend.

Lampard was a gamble that Chelsea could afford to make for a season...can we do the same with Arteta with even less going for him than Lampard had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom