• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Do people not look at Ancelotti as the best at steering the ship though?

Honestly I was very against Arteta but looking at all the candidates that are coming to fruition in the recent weeks only Ancelotti and Arteta are the ones I'd rather have and it's just a toss up between the two.

Ones the probably best experienced manager we could get (not great obviously) and one is maybe the best up and coming manager (no proof though).

Reactions: A_G

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do people not look at Ancelotti as the best at steering the ship though?

Honestly I was very against Arteta but looking at all the candidates that are coming to fruition in the recent weeks only Ancelotti and Arteta are the ones I'd rather have and it's just a toss up between the two.

Ones the probably best experienced manager we could get (not great obviously) and one is maybe the best up and coming manager (no proof though).
We don’t need steering the ship, we need a good football coach on the training ground.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We don’t need steering the ship, we need a good football coach on the training ground.

I just don't think the players would really give a sh*t about Mikel Arteta being head coach though. A lot of our players are clowns and not sure they'd care for him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Would say his peak was Juventus and Milan. We are not talking about that Carlo anymore.

You know he won the Champions League with Real Madrid five years after he left Milan, right? It's ridiculous to think that just because he's finished 2nd to Juventus the past two seasons with teams that are far less talented than Juve that he's somehow finished as a manager.

I think most of the opposition to Carlo comes down to the fact that he's 60 and not 35. But since he's two years younger than me, I don't see it that way. I think he's still got quite a few good years to give. There's no actual evidence that he can't hack in anymore. It's just something people who want the next big young hotshot say in order to dismiss him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I still like Ancelotti but he looks well past his best. He's good at getting balance in midfield and is a tactical magician at times. But in recent times he's not done a great deal that's wow you.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In my opinion we should've got Ancelotti instead of Emery when wenger left to give stability for 2-3 years get us back to CL and then appoint younger coach.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You know he won the Champions League with Real Madrid five years after he left Milan, right? It's ridiculous to think that just because he's finished 2nd to Juventus the past two seasons with teams that are far less talented than Juve that he's somehow finished as a manager.

I think most of the opposition to Carlo comes down to the fact that he's 60 and not 35. But since he's two years younger than me, I don't see it that way. I think he's still got quite a few good years to give. There's no actual evidence that he can't hack in anymore. It's just something people who want the next big young hotshot say in order to dismiss him.
I’m open to Rafael Benitez and still thought Wenger could have stayed, can’t accuse me of basing my judgements on age or wanting “some new young thing”.

Zidane won 3 CLs with Real, I wouldn’t want him either.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I still like Ancelotti but he looks well past his best. He's good at getting balance in midfield and is a tactical magician at times. But in recent times he's not done a great deal that's wow you.

Based on what?

Sure, his last big trophy was a whopping two years ago. But he's managing frickin' Napoli. He's not coaching a club that even approaches the talent that Juventus has, yet in 2018 he gave them one hell of a run for the title with 91 points. If he can do that at age 58, there's no reason to think the bottom has dropped out at 60.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I’m open to Rafael Benitez and still thought Wenger could have stayed, can’t accuse me of basing my judgements on age or wanting “some new young thing”.

Zidane won 3 CLs with Real, I wouldn’t want him either.

The point was that Carlo has won a lot of big things since he left Milan, which is the cutoff point you provided. He damn near beat Juventus to the title with frickin' Napoli in 2018.

Joestlaachmkr

I don’t know what that means.
The majority of Arsenal fans would complain no matter which manager the board appoints. Luis Enrique was not good enough to be AFC manager - according to the fans nor was Allegri and Zidane. There is only Arsenal fans who would be negative about getting any of these managers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The majority of Arsenal fans would complain no matter which manager the board appoints. Luis Enrique was not good enough to be AFC manager - according to the fans nor was Allegri and Zidane. There is only Arsenal fans who would be negative about getting any of these managers.
Zidane is a bum. Doubt we’ll finish top 8 with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom