• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy1979

Looks like that managerial market could open a bit more in the upcoming summer. I am seriously starting to think that Freddie should stay as caretaker until the end of the season.
My fear with that is that I can't see them backing a caretaker manager in the window and he won't be able to appoint coaching staff. Plus I don't think he's ready. He's only been a number 2 for this season

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Looks like that managerial market could open a bit more in the upcoming summer. I am seriously starting to think that Freddie should stay as caretaker until the end of the season.

We have a rough program, I am concerned it could look very dire indeed when we get to New Year. Then again, I am an eternal pessimist.

If that comes to pass, I think the club cannot wait to get rid of him.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Tbh I've thought about it multiple times, looked at who's free and I don't have a good solution. The manager market just seems terrible at the moment.

I do think Allegri would've probably been decent. Always got Howe on my list, but I tend to think right after Wenger he could've dealt with joining a big club, right now in this mess I think not. Not sure about potch, either; his work at Sp**s was good all in all, but there are still a few question marks.

As things stand I still think an experienced caretaker would be the best route. There aren't that many guys out there but tbh I'd give Rafa Benitez a call and see if he was up to do it til the summer, then see what happens on the managers' merrygoround from June/July on. If Ljungberg gets the team to kind of perform til the New Year, he might be a caretaker option, too.

Outside the complete bore that is Allegri, you have no solution yourself, yet you're taking jibes at people wanting to try out Arteta?

This ain't it, mate.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Got to wonder who his backroom staff would be mid season first job as well.

Freddie has been saying its so thin using Edu. No guarantee Freddie even stays under another first job manager & Per has another role.

I do wonder a bit why Arteta apparently is in the running, and a string of other Spaniards like Marcelino, but when we're talking young, fresh and spanish, Xabi Alonso is apparently highly rated and doing an alright job at Sociedad B. Bayern seem to be monitoring his situation, too. If Arteta is an option, Alonso should at least be on Raul's radar.

Preacher

Always Crying
ELhXC4vXUAMqAZX.jpg

Toby

Outside the complete bore that is Allegri, you have no solution yourself, yet you're taking jibes at people wanting to try out Arteta?

This ain't it, mate.

Because Arteta is this massively risky blank slate who has never been the responsible manager at anything.

Like I said in my last post: Fresh young and spanish you look at Xabi Alonso who has at least worked as a youth coach for Real Madrid and is having a decent season at Sociedad B and might reach promotion to La Liga 2 with them, similar to what Guardiola did in his one year at Barca B. That's at least some tangent you can go on, with Arteta there's virtually none and that's why I see him as such a risky no go.

And right now if there ain't no perfect solution I don't think the club should force it. Maybe Ljungberg manages to steady the ship and he can end the season, maybe he even turns out the guy to hire longterm. Maybe he doesn't steady the ship and a new manager is needed.

I think Allegri could've been decent, but he's far from the best option. Right now the market is thin but I don't think the club should force it. If you want to go with Arteta, you can also keep Freddie.

Joestlaachmkr

I do wonder a bit why Arteta apparently is in the running, and a string of other Spaniards like Marcelino, but when we're talking young, fresh and spanish, Xabi Alonso is apparently highly rated and doing an alright job at Sociedad B. Bayern seem to be monitoring his situation, too. If Arteta is an option, Alonso should at least be on Raul's radar.
The only spanish trainer that we should be looking for (except from Pep lol) is Luis Enrique but he is not available nor does he seem interested in becoming Arsenal manager, so i think we should look for a non-spanish manager.

Toby

you have no solution yourself

At least not a perfect one for the current situation, but Ljungberg if he gets the team to do alright or e.g. Benitez get you to the end of the season, during which will be a lot more movement on the market for managers and nobody knows who might be available then who's not now.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Allegri just seems like a total culture clash, both playingwise and linguistically. I have no doubt he is an excellent manager, but can he translate that to us? I am not so sure.

Arteta has basically no experience. He knows the club, and the league. He speaks the language and seems to be an erudite fellow.

You could say all of that about Ljungberg, apart that he knows the young players.

Pochettino matches all the above, but perhaps he has turned us down?

Toby

The only spanish trainer that we should be looking for (except from Pep lol) is Luis Enrique but he is not available nor does he seem interested in becoming Arsenal manager, so i think we should look for a non-spanish manager.

Didn't say Arsenal should look for a Spanish manager or consider Alonso, just that I think it's funny Arteta, who's an assistant, is in the running, but not Xabi, who actually is a proper manager and doing alright; he's basically the better version of Arteta right now: Young, Spanish, knows the league, but actually a manager. That was just that comparison.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
There seems to be alot of potential manager turnover with the Euros this summer, Allegri free & rumors surrounding PSG / Atleti.

We are the only big English club looking for a manager this summer unless Ole really ****s up.... hold fire ffs! Could get lucky.

ChefMan21

Well Conte is still my favourite, but he's unlikely, so here's my 'random managers to take over' list:

• Ange Postecoglou. Straya!
  • Santiago Solari. Sounds foreign.
  • Gio van Bronckhorst. He's better than Arteta, because he has 'van' in his name.
  • Mauricio Pellegrino. It's kind of like Mauricio Pochettino if you squint a bit.
  • Sylvinho. Also played for Arsenal since that's a key selection criteria.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Well Conte is still my favourite, but he's unlikely, so here's my 'random managers to take over' list:

• Ange Postecoglou. Straya!
  • Santiago Solari. Sounds foreign.
  • Gio van Bronckhorst. He's better than Arteta, because he has 'van' in his name.
  • Mauricio Pellegrino. It's kind of like Mauricio Pochettino if you squint a bit.
  • Sylvinho. Also played for Arsenal.

giphy.gif

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
There seems to be alot of potential manager turnover with the Euros this summer, Allegri free & rumors surrounding PSG / Atleti.

We are the only big English club looking for a manager this summer unless Ole really ****s up.... hold fire ffs! Could get lucky.

The club won’t employ Allegri because of his English. Same goes for Simeone (among other reasons). So you’re asking them to hold fire on the off chance PSG sack Tuchel and then what’s to say he doesn’t go to Bayern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom