• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

giphy.gif
It's tongue-in-cheek...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Allegri has apparently turned down Arsenal and he is not interested negotiating with Arsenal again in the future since he was snubbed for the job by the board 18 months ago.

Who knows the truth & only takes a few appointments for options to narrow.

The club won’t employ Allegri because of his English. Same goes for Simeone (among other reasons). So you’re asking them to hold fire on the off chance PSG sack Tuchel and then what’s to say he doesn’t go to Bayern?

Any of Enrique, Mancini, Martinez, Deschamps could be on the market & a few only contracted up to summer 2020.

Then theres all the managers at smaller clubs performing well that may be more open come the summer.

Not a big fan of any but then you see who we are being linked with now.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Any of Enrique, Mancini, Martinez, Deschamps could be on the market & a few only contracted up to summer 2020.

Not a big fan of any but then you see who we are being linked with now.
Deschamps :lol:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Because Arteta is this massively risky blank slate who has never been the responsible manager at anything.

Like I said in my last post: Fresh young and spanish you look at Xabi Alonso who has at least worked as a youth coach for Real Madrid and is having a decent season at Sociedad B and might reach promotion to La Liga 2 with them, similar to what Guardiola did in his one year at Barca B. That's at least some tangent you can go on, with Arteta there's virtually none and that's why I see him as such a risky no go.

And right now if there ain't no perfect solution I don't think the club should force it. Maybe Ljungberg manages to steady the ship and he can end the season, maybe he even turns out the guy to hire longterm. Maybe he doesn't steady the ship and a new manager is needed.

I think Allegri could've been decent, but he's far from the best option. Right now the market is thin but I don't think the club should force it. If you want to go with Arteta, you can also keep Freddie.

Alonso has no ties to the club, while Arteta is a recent player who is well known within the club. They must see something in him since they're interested, whatever that may be. Also, I'd take working with world class players any time over managing some kids.

City also rate him and are rumored to give him the gig after Guardiola leaves. Doubt anybody there thinks "but he hasn't managed kids yet". :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Why you keep banging on about Arteta when all this forum has voted for a man who has just been sacked from Sp**s?

Hanging on about Arteta? I'm not sure I had even mentioned him since my return post commenting about each of the rumored candidates (and in that post I said I would give him a better chance of success now than in 2018). So I'm not sure what you're even talking about here.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The club won’t employ Allegri because of his English. Same goes for Simeone (among other reasons). So you’re asking them to hold fire on the off chance PSG sack Tuchel and then what’s to say he doesn’t go to Bayern?

Tuchel to Bayern might free up Ten Hag. Ten Hag to Bayern might free up Tuchel. potch and Allegri might both still be on the market as options for other clubs which in turn free up other managers.

Leeroy1979

There seems to be alot of potential manager turnover with the Euros this summer, Allegri free & rumors surrounding PSG / Atleti.

We are the only big English club looking for a manager this summer unless Ole really ****s up.... hold fire ffs! Could get lucky.
I get what your saying but I think we need a manager now

Toby

Alonso has no ties to the club, while Arteta is a recent player who is well known within the club. They must see something in him since they're interested, whatever that may be. Also, I'd take working with world class players any time over managing some kids.

City also rate him and are rumored to give him the gig after Guardiola leaves. Doubt anybody there think "but he hasn't managed kids yet". :lol:

Don't think ties to the club should be a hard criteria.

And I mean "managing some kids" and getting them promoted in a serious league is what got Guardiola the Barca job.

Anyway, Alonso isn't even an option and I wasn't making the case for him.

And apparently City are currently looking at van Bronckhorst to follow Guardiola, not Arteta.

I'm absolutely not against leftfield appointments, but I just feel Arteta shouldn't even be on the field.

Leeroy1979

Don't think ties to the club should be a hard criteria.

And I mean "managing some kids" and getting them promoted in a serious league is what got Guardiola the Barca job.

Anyway, Alonso isn't even an option and I wasn't making the case for him.

And apparently City are currently looking at van Bronckhorst to follow Guardiola, not Arteta.

I'm absolutely not against leftfield appointments, but I just feel Arteta shouldn't even be on the field.
Said it before I think arteta would bring in alonso so you would get them both possibly

Toby

Said it before I think arteta would bring in alonso so you would get them both possibly

Why would Alonso, who's already a head coach at Sociedad B and doing a good job leave that position to become someone's assistant? Very rare. But again, Alonso isn't even in the running and I just brought him up as a close comparison to Arteta who actually has experience as head coach.

Joestlaachmkr

You should never trust rumours when papers like The Sun or Mail are reporting. But it was the Italian Gazzetta that first reported that Allegri said no take over the helm at Arsenal after Emery, the reason was apparently because he was turned down by the board to succeed Wenger, Allegri was apparently also unimpressed by the level of professionalism at AFC and it felt like he was on the apprentice during the interview he had with Raul & Gazidiz 18 months ago, and that he will say no to any negotiations with Arsenal both now and anywhere in the future because he did not get the job 18 months ago. I suppouse Allegri would have denied these rumours if there was no truth to it.

Reactions: Kav

Leeroy1979

Perhaps this was the boards plan all along. Bombard us with names to grind us down so in the end we are just thankful for whoever they appoint lol

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You should never trust rumours when papers like The Sun or Mail are reporting. But it was the Italian Gazzetta that first reported that Allegri said no take over the helm at Arsenal after Emery, the reason was apparently because he was turned down by the board to succeed Wenger, Allegri was apparently also unimpressed by the level of professionalism at AFC and it felt like he was on the apprentice during the interview he had with Raul & Gazidiz 18 months ago, and that he will say no to any negotiations with Arsenal both now and anywhere in the future because he did not get the job 18 months ago. I suppouse Allegri would have denied these rumours if there was no truth to it.
I have read the story. They also said we were likely option for Carlo today. Not sure what to believe.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The big question for Arteta, in addition to his inexperience, is who would be on his coaching staff.

When we were first linked with him in 2018, I hoped that Xabi Alonso would be on his staff, but now that he's coach Real Sociedad's youth team he might think being Arteta's assisstant would be a step down. However, he might think that the step up from the Spanish third division to the EPL could be a step up.

No matter what, Freddie already has a stronger rapport with the players than Emery ever had. If results pick up, he might be here for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom