• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TinFish

i love Freddie but no way is he ready to hold the fort until the end of the season. We need someone in asap
Like who? What can do they do with this shambles of a squad? Personally I think some players like Auba are dead set on leaving regardless of managerial / structural changes.
We are boned either way and need a few transfer windows if not more to rectify the squad.

Like who? What can do they do with this shambles of a squad? Personally I think some players like Auba are dead set on leaving regardless of managerial / structural changes.
We are boned either way and need a few transfer windows if not more to rectify the squad.

True. A new manager is pointless if you are going to allow Raul keep dumping average players on him.

We need new head scout and head of recruitment with new manager if we want to be successful in near future!

Leeroy1979

We do need additions but I can't see the board backing a caretaker in the window. I'd offer potch the family silverware to come, if not him then take the punt on arteta. Personally if not potch I'd have gone for ancelotti for Thisbe season and next and reassessed then. How sure are we that rose nagelsmann, marsh etc can't be tempted anyway? Money talks

I also think you are spot on about auba

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Same. Game going fan here, I signed up on here to follow serious stuff. And all that's on the page is pointless 'banter' or stuff about GDeep. Blocking that ***** first up was the best thing I did.

As for the club I hope we get someone soon. The last few games before Freddie I went to the ground, had absolutely toxic and dejected atmosphere. We need a buzz and a new announcement soon.
@GDeep™

TinFish

We do need additions but I can't see the board backing a caretaker in the window. I'd offer potch the family silverware to come, if not him then take the punt on arteta. Personally if not potch I'd have gone for ancelotti for Thisbe season and next and reassessed then. How sure are we that rose nagelsmann, marsh etc can't be tempted anyway? Money talks

I also think you are spot on about auba

what’s the difference between Freddie and Arteta? Besides being 2nd to pep, would you punt the clubs winter transfer kitty to him?

Where would that leave Freddie? I’m not sure if he’s humble enough to go back to the youth squad, especially seeing Arteta usurp him from the main job. Would create a little instability in the back end IMO.

If you’re gunning for Arteta this brings some serious questions ...
1) what happens to Freddie
2) if you want him for short term then stick with Freddie
3) if you’re seriously considering Arteta as a permanent solution then he is also tasked with assembling or using effective backroom staff to aid his cause. Who would that be??

in my opinion as I see it things it can only be Poch. It just makes the most sense from all angles. Otherwise I’d rather see what happens in the summer. There always seems to be a managerial Merry-go-round then.

Leeroy1979

what’s the difference between Freddie and Arteta? Besides being 2nd to pep, would you punt the clubs winter transfer kitty to him?

Where would that leave Freddie? I’m not sure if he’s humble enough to go back to the youth squad, especially seeing Arteta usurp him from the main job. Would create a little instability in the back end IMO.

If you’re gunning for Arteta this brings some serious questions ...
1) what happens to Freddie
2) if you want him for short term then stick with Freddie
3) if you’re seriously considering Arteta as a permanent solution then he is also tasked with assembling or using effective backroom staff to aid his cause. Who would that be??

in my opinion as I see it things it can only be Poch. It just makes the most sense from all angles. Otherwise I’d rather see what happens in the summer. There always seems to be a managerial Merry-go-round then.
If we appoint arteta it's got to be with the long term in mind. I think they'll back him in the window as they have already considered him for the job once and seem keen to go back. Also the big difference for me is that arteta has been a senior assistant much longer than Freddie has. And also has endorsements from pep and wenger. Freddie doesn't have that. I would back arteta as a bold and brave choice but as I said I'd go for potch and ancelotti before him. I would like to see Freddie kept in the first team coaching set up tho

Predicates

i love Freddie but no way is he ready to hold the fort until the end of the season. We need someone in asap

Any manager is going to have a hard time with this current squad. Serious investment is needed, especially in midfield and defence. Our chances of winning the Europa League or finishing in the top four are negligible.

As such, we should keep Freddie for as long as is needed to hire a quality manager. If that means waiting until the summer, then so be it.

Leeroy1979

Any manager is going to have a hard time with this current squad. Serious investment is needed, especially in midfield and defence. Our chances of winning the Europa League or finishing in the top four are negligible.

As such, we should keep Freddie for as long as is needed to hire a quality manager. If that means waiting until the summer, then so be it.
Do you think they will back a rookie caretaker manager in the jan window? We are going to need additions in key areas in january

Leeroy1979

Do you think they will back a rookie caretaker manager in the jan window? We are going to need additions in key areas in january
Because if we don't make those additions we are going to struggle to break top 6 and then what quality manager will we be able to attract especially as our better players will probably all be clamouring to leave

Predicates

Raul and Edu are there to coordinate transfer strategy, so they don't need to back Ljungberg in the January window. If they bring in quality reinforcements then these new players will be at the disposal of the next manager regardless.

Joestlaachmkr

True. A new manager is pointless if you are going to allow Raul keep dumping average players on him.

We need new head scout and head of recruitment with new manager if we want to be successful in near future!
I doubt we are going to finish in the top 10 with Freddie in charge until the end of the season.

Leeroy1979

Raul and Edu are there to coordinate transfer strategy, so they don't need to back Ljungberg in the January window. If they bring in quality reinforcements then these new players will be at the disposal of the next manager regardless.
That's one less obstacle to Freddie getting it. I just havnt seen anything in the games he's taken charge of that makes me feel he's the man to change us. It's felt very....emery if I'm honest

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
That's one less obstacle to Freddie getting it. I just havnt seen anything in the games he's taken charge of that makes me feel he's the man to change us. It's felt very....emery if I'm honest

Freddie has very little experience coaching at the senior level (or any level, for that matter). So his experience with this team comes from Emery. He's not going to make radical changes. This is why they need to hire somebody now. A new manager will bring, hopefully, fresh ideas along with experience and will have an opportunity to shake things up. That might be the only way to get things moving in the right direction.

Honestly, I fear that leaving Freddie in charge until the summer could be a huge mistake with long-term repercussions for the club. With his lack of experience, he could get overwhelmed. That would be bad for Freddie as well. It's just not fair to him.

Leeroy1979

Freddie has very little experience coaching at the senior level (or any level, for that matter). So his experience with this team comes from Emery. He's not going to make radical changes. This is why they need to hire somebody now. A new manager will bring, hopefully, fresh ideas along with experience and will have an opportunity to shake things up. That might be the only way to get things moving in the right direction.

Honestly, I fear that leaving Freddie in charge until the summer could be a huge mistake with long-term repercussions for the club. With his lack of experience, he could get overwhelmed. That would be bad for Freddie as well. It's just not fair to him.
Totally agree

GDeep™

League is very weak
Post Wenger has been handled pretty bad.
I’ll give them benefit of the doubt with Emery, they got it wrong, no problem.

But everything surrounding the departure of Emery and since, looks off. We took forever to sack him, seem to have made no contact with any manager in preparation for his sacking, and are now in limbo land. Compare that to Sp**s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom