• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predicates

Don't think they'll go for Arteta at all, neither him nor Gio. If someone like Tuchel is available can see them going for the "ready-made" thing.

Yes, they might go for a safer choice. But it's worth mentioning that when Begiristain was director of football at Barcelona, he facilitated the appointment of Tito as Pep's successor, who at that time was highly rated yet had only limited prior managerial experience.

Just what our board wanted to hear. Still don't think he our target

I doubt they would go for Carlo. Ornstein himself said that the board are seeking to hire somebody younger.

If they can't get Poch, they will move onto Arteta.

Underhill

I don't mind Ancelotti if we can't get Arteta or Allegri. Poch is not even remotely realistic.

Ancelotti >>>> Vieira. We might as well give Freddie the rest of the season if our other option is a legend with a poor track record.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The hierarchy might make big mistake if they still thinking about long-term candidates and not considering established managers such as Ancelotti. Forget about Wenger-ball or whatever. This team have enough quality for the top four, just like Leicester does. But the team need top, experienced manager. Some reports said Ancelotti is only good at managing big-ego, champion-level players and not helpful for developing players. For a club that needs to get back to the camp of CL and title contenders, developing players is needed but not priority. I am sure Per and Freddie will handle that with great care. The thing is, if no bar or example is set before the youngsters, you will only develop mid-table players with small mindset.

As much as I enjoy the days with Vieira and Arteta as players, the team do not have the luxury of points, not weeks or months, to squander. We also need a top manager to guide the team to win Europa League.

Joestlaachmkr

I got a laugh when i first saw this article on the Daily Mail.. DM is toghether with The Sun the two biggest bullshit sources when it comes to football.. all they care about is to make clickbait-stories. I stopped taking them seriously 15 years ago.

Pep said something like 2 weeks ago that the project he had with City was a long term project and that he wanted to "create his own history" with that club.

Last edited:

Joestlaachmkr

This team have enough quality for the top four, just like Leicester does.
If our highly competent board had gone for either Enrique, Allegri or Rodgers intead of the Europa League trainer 18 months ago, then we would certainly have been within the top 4 and likely played in the CL instead of the EL.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I got a laugh when i first saw this article on the Daily Mail.. DM is toghether with The Sun the two biggest bullshit sources when it comes to football.. all they care about is to make clickbait-stories. I stopped taking them seriously 15 years ago.

Pep said something like 2 weeks ago that the project he had with City was a long term project and that he wanted to "create his own history" with that club.

Or anything else.

Moah

No fan in the world wants a defensive minded coach and that is a fact. Every team in the world wants to play attacking football.

We had that with Wenger for a long time and it's impossible to find another one like him. The one touch football, the pass it in to the net play of our team is long gone with the man himself.

Now having in mind we won't get anyone better in that department, we should be looking for a manager that will get results in anyway. I won't mind one bit about who that person is or how he plays anymore.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The hierarchy might make big mistake if they still thinking about long-term candidates and not considering established managers such as Ancelotti. Forget about Wenger-ball or whatever. This team have enough quality for the top four, just like Leicester does.

How many of our players can get into the Leicester starting XI? Other than Auba and Leno I am not sure anyone else would. Wake up and accept the reality, this is our worst squad in decades. Even our best purchases in recent years like Martinelli and Guendouzi are at most Alex Song level players.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
How many of our players can get into the Leicester starting XI? Other than Auba and Leno I am not sure anyone else would. Wake up and accept the reality, this is our worst squad in decades. Even our best purchases in recent years like Martinelli and Guendouzi are at most Alex Song level players.
source.gif

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Now that you lot have guaranteed brexit, I think it's a good time to get Sam Dyche in.

Need some true English pashun from the lads and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom