• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

Favourite AFC player of the decade?

• Total voters

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

TH came back to us on loan and he gets it because he's the king

"He may be cast in bronze, but he is still able to produce golden moments"

One of the more cringeworthy commentaries ever made, and obviously pre-prepared....

The goal vs the-team-that-shall-not-be-mentioned in the FA Cup.

Manberg

Predator
Definitely Ramsey. Served us long and was more instrumental in winning us trophies.

love Cazorla to bits.

Fallout

unfortunately we didnt get a lot of years from him, so imo that disqualifies him from anything that has "decade" in the title ...

but my fave player in the last decade was prime, pre-injury arteta. he had everything i want from a CM (assuming i cant have raw physicality on top of all his other attributes).

cazorla wins this otherwise, best technical player we've ever had at the club.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Cazorla is the most technically gifted player of the Emirates era, damn shame we had a squad full of dross to compliment him, he should have won major silverware with us, also one of the best chants too Ooooooh santi cazorla...

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel RVP should be included in all-time lists.

Alexis, Özil and Cazorla were a team, and when you take one name you automatically include the other two.

Özil as far as favorites go, Monreal and Koscielny too

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wilshere will always have a special place in my heart...he was the first Arsenal player I loved, that is younger than me...even by just a month, it’s something I will always remember.

Remember hearing the rumours that we had our new Cesc when he was coming through the youth teams, seeing some exciting performances here and there in friendly matches and cup games, was even briefly a Bolton supporter during his six month stint there...remember watching Bolton play Chelsea with my dad, and going on and on about Wilshere being the best midfielder on the pitch...think Bolton lost 3-0, but every time Jack got on the ball, he looked like Messi to me!

And when he had his brilliant debut season, I was completely in love, very disappointed with the injuries...but a player I will never forget.

What I like about these lists/looking back, is it can really allow you to have some perspective...obviously the 2010s weren’t as successful for us as the 1990s and 2000s, but we had some players and some memories from this time...you can say “we might not have been great anymore, but we were still pretty damn good!”

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Rambo for me. Big game player, a bit undisciplined tactically but you could never fault his conviction when wearing the hallowed shirt of the Arsenal. He had more inner toughness & perseverance than any of the current lot save Laca/Martinelli & Tierney.

And though I never said it at the time, other than their catastrophic mismanagement, his betrayal by the board is what turned me against them. These horrible vultures know nothing of loyalty.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The same Lacazette that's always stroppy, almost in tears every game and dives after every little touch?

I never said he doesn't engage in petulant displays :lol:, just that, when he can be bothered, he does show more fight than others who lack it.

Top Bottom