• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Joestlaachmkr

Lol. So you agree with him? :lol:
What i meant is that there is very little difference between Emery and Freddie, and it would likely been a bigger difference between Emery and Arteta. And i dont think Arteta would have turned us into title challengers at once.

Chaoz_Enigma

I hope the club continues to support Freddie with his staffs even if its temporary. Gunners without ammunition are just duds.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Freddie : Doesn't get staff. Doesn't get contract.

Fans: WhY iS hE nOt pRoDuCiNg rEsUlTs?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Can you even source the staff we would need at this level for such a short period?

Exactly. If they only intend on him having the job for three or four weeks who’s he going to get to come and work for that short amount of time? It would be pointless allowing him to assemble a coaching team if that’s the case.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I can understand not giving him staff IF an appointment is imminent but we risk dropping points if this goes on any longer. It's why I'd almost rather they just gave him a couple of months or something rather if they're not close to appointing anyone as the team will suffer. Freddie is dealing with almost impossible circumstances here and he'll be the one getting blamed when (yes when) we lose comfortably to City tomorrow and drop points over the coming weeks if he stays on any longer without the right support around him.

I'm hopeful we're close to appointing someone and it's just being kept very quiet otherwise we're just making a mess of the whole thing. It's been long enough now. Sp**s managed to replace one top coach with another in the space of a few hours. Meanwhile we're hearing stuff about 12 candidates and a rigorous interview process. Mid-season might I add. A season where we're desperate to get back into the CL.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
What i meant is that there is very little difference between Emery and Freddie, and it would likely been a bigger difference between Emery and Arteta. And i dont think Arteta would have turned us into title challengers at once.
Yeah but he Said arteta wouldve done simiarly. Which is what you said!?

NZgunner

as an insider, helping drill the tactics and develop the team culture, Freddie was never really going to be able to differentiate himself from Emery

it's a pity he can't go back and carry on coaching the youth team

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think a big problem Freddie has is the lack of physicality in midfield. Most of our profiles are not very quick, strong or agile. Torreira has decent ability to change direction and Willock is good physically but that's it. Its hampering the way he likes to play - de Bruyne pointed this out in his post match comments about the forwards not dropping back. I mentioned that he likes to leave his forwards high so they can receive the ball. Difference is he doesn't have a profile like Olayinka at a high level or even a Burton who's very good technically and has that spicy edge that midfielders in the PL need. Our midfield is severely lacking all round. It's a huge problem at first team level.

With that in mind, his decision to include Özil in the team has given him trouble. A flat 3 with a bit of power and mobility would have been slightly better in hindsight but we dont have that midfield and he hasn't really had much chance to coach them proper.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Freddie’s dream for managing Arsenal on the first day, versus the reality he is now in..

2f3su2.jpg

...poor guy, hope the club sort out something soon to help him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's in a horrible situation, I'm sure it's an honour for him to manage this club but the circumstances are less than ideal to say the very least.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unfair treating arsenal legend like that hopefully he stay with coaching staff when we appoint new manager

Jae

I think having the inside track, he knows that this current crop of players are uncoachable. Sounds like he doesn't even want the job and to be honest who would blame him.

Like others have said, I'm sure he's honoured to be at the helm but there's never been a worse time to manage us. We need millions in investment and a complete overhaul of the squad. Not ideal for a first time manager making a step up.

Top Bottom