• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
He's having a shocker today. Compared to Trilly and then forgets that.

LMAO - I apologize lads, went out last night and now I am at work - only got 2 hours of sleep. Maybe I should stop posting for today haha

Joestlaachmkr

My bet is that the board are unable to get a top class manager and they will give Freddie a 3 years contract after he wins a few games for us. And i can`t honestly see which top class manager we could be able to attract.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

LOL. But honestly i can`t see which top class manager we could get, most of the elite managers in Europe are under contract and those who are free are apparently not interested in becoming our new manager. The exception might be Tuchel if he leaves PSG.
Poch is coming

Joestlaachmkr

Poch is coming
I seriously doubt that, and i don`t want him at the club either.

But the way the board handled the whole situation surrounding Wenger, and finding a qualified candidate to replace to replace Wenger (which they didn`t), how they handled the sacking of Emery without having any backup plan, and this ****ing saga about fining a new manager. It`s absolutely ridiculous how badly the board runs everything.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I seriously doubt that, and i don`t want him at the club either.

But the way the board handled the whole situation surrounding Wenger, and finding a qualified candidate to replace to replace Wenger (which they didn`t), how they handled the sacking of Emery without having any backup plan, and this ****ing saga about fining a new manager. It`s absolutely ridiculous how badly the board runs everything.
It has been like this for over 10 years nothing new here.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I know, but it has in my opinion got even worse ever since Raul and Edu came in.

But we have yet to find a new David Dein.
Emery was a Gazidas appointment, the jury is out on Raul. Edu is just a yes man by the looks of it. If Dein hadn't left and fallen out with Diamond Danny, we would be in alot better place. Anyway thats for a diiferent time.

Joestlaachmkr

Emery was a Gazidas appointment, the jury is out on Raul. Edu is just a yes man by the looks of it. If Dein hadn't left and fallen out with Diamond Danny, we would be in alot better place. Anyway thats for a diiferent time.
It was Raul who presented Luis Enrique and Unai Emery as 2 possible candidates to succeed Wenger, but the board chosed Emery cause he impressed the executives by his knowledge of AFC and he could name most of our players. I think both Raul & Edu has been bad for Arsenal, we have def not become more competent or more professional since these two came around.

The way the club has handled things during the last 2-3 years (iknow it has been bad for 10 years but it has gotten worse during the last 2-3 years in my opinion) and how the club is being run is absolutely laughable.

Kav

Established Member
I find it curious that some posters are blaming Edu for our current malaise.

If i recall Edu came in Some 3 Months + and cannot be responsible for the selection of Emery or the decision to fire him so late. People need to stop being so irrational in their commentary.

Further to this i have read where some posters are chastising the board of directors. While the board does have a lot to answer for, it appears many on here are unaware that the club is being run by the team of Sanlehi, Vinash, Fahmy and under the direction of KSE.

The actual board does not have much say in the major decisions, as they have been sidelined since Gazidis left. People should learn about matters before they speak. Raul is on a power trip but he's also calculating and he realized he messed up with Emery and doesn't want to own the decision of choosing the next manager should it go wrong.

Joestlaachmkr

I find it curious that some posters are blaming Edu for our current malaise.

If i recall Edu came in Some 3 Months + and cannot be responsible for the selection of Emery or the decision to fire him so late. People need to stop being so irrational in their commentary.

Further to this i have read where some posters are chastising the board of directors. While the board does have a lot to answer for, it appears many on here are unaware that the club is being run by the team of Sanlehi, Vinash, Fahmy and under the direction of KSE.

The actual board does not have much say in the major decisions, as they have been sidelined since Gazidis left. People should learn about matters before they speak. Raul is on a power trip but he's also calculating and he realized he messed up with Emery and doesn't want to own the decision of choosing the next manager should it go wrong.
I`m not particularly blaming Edu for our problems, but as technical director he`s a part of the mess surrounding the sacking of Emery and the never ending story of finding a permanent manager. And doesn`t matter if he came in 6 months ago or 6 years ago.

By "the board" i dont necessary mean the board members, but the whole structure of the club and the ones who run the business (owners, directors, executives and board members). And they all deserve criticism.

I`m fully aware of how things of things are within the club. But the way the board has handled everything from contract negotiations with our players, selecting new managers, time of sacking Emery, and how they have handled the aftermath of Emery etc, etc is just laughable.

If a club from anywhere in the world wonders how a football club should not be run, then look no further than AFC.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I`m not particularly blaming Edu for our problems, but as technical director he`s a part of the mess surrounding the sacking of Emery and the never ending story of finding a permanent manager. And doesn`t matter if he came in 6 months ago or 6 years ago.

By "the board" i dont necessary mean the board members, but the whole structure of the club and the ones who run the business (owners, directors, executives and board members). And they all deserve criticism.

I`m fully aware of how things of things are within the club. But the way the board has handled everything from contract negotiations with our players, selecting new managers, time of sacking Emery, and how they have handled the aftermath of Emery etc, etc is just laughable.

If a club from anywhere in the world wonders how a football club should not be run, then look no further than AFC.
Very, very tough to judge Edu one way or another to this point. We still don't know exactly where his power ends and Raul's begins for example. The only thing we know pretty much for certain was Edu's work is bringing in Martinelli and that has probably been the best move the club has made in the last couple of years. Anything else really is speculative. It seems like there are far too many cooks in the kitchen at the moment.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We have been spending on absolute dross in recent windows. It remains to be seen if last window will influence other windows or not, I hope not, but I think it will. It will take many transfers windows to unfold the mistakes we have done in last windows. Which then raise another question, will Pochetto want to work with Raul. Not so sure about that either.

I don't see why we would be attractive opinion for Pochetto unless we are offering super wages but then again, we know we wont do that either.

How wisely Arsenal has spent money is another matter (this is the problem I've been trying to explain for a long time). But they have been spending. Maybe with Edu they'll spend more wisely. Maybe with Pochettino they would spend more wisely. But he wouldn't find himself at another club that won't spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom