• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
"Closing in on Arteta..."
Sounds like the club has turned into a weird stalker whose intentions might be benign, if creepy, or might be malevolent.

"Hey, Mikel...you should smile more often. What? Oh no, I just mean it's prettier than that frown. I mean-who are you calling? Don't call the cops!"

He might just run the other direction at this point.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Arteta needs to find an established number 8 for us if we want to get anywhere this season.

Emery was onto something in our first two EPL games (Burnley and Newcastle) with his 433 but then completely abandoned it to start playing people like Willock or Ceballos at 10, while playing 2 CM's behind who werent good enough at defending.

Yes, annoying. I agree, those 2 are the players who fit the No8 mould. Both have good engines but I think Willock has more of an eye for goal. I remember posting a while back that Willock looks like our best Ramsey replacement, he's only 20 so lots of time for improvement in that role.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
For the sake of our own happiness, let's back that man irrespective of his start here.

Give some trust in advance, push the team with a positive spirit from which they can feed from to regain confidence and do a first real assessment at the end of the season.

We don't do it for Kroenke, but we do it for us and the club, we won't see a turn around in fortunes until we get a better atmosphere.
There will be more positivity about Arteta on this forum at least. There is a group of members who seemed to hate Emery from day 1 just because he wasnt Wenger.

We have to give every manager a chance and hope they at least inprint something onto the squad, even if it doesnt end well (unfortunately for emery that didnt happen)

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arteta coming feels so underwhelming.

We could see him hitting the ground running like Lampard did. Definitely has an intelligence to him, judging from the feedback from those who work with him.

I've personally written off the rest of this season and next, but we really never know...

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yes, annoying. I agree, those 2 are the players who fit the No8 mould. Both have good engines but I think Willock has more of an eye for goal. I remember posting a while back that Willock looks like our best Ramsey replacement, he's only 20 so lots of time for improvement in that role.
I was so excited about Willock earlier in the season but his confidence seems shot now.. I hope he can rediscover it because he looked like he'd be part of our future at one stage.

Yeh, we have plenty of number 8s (Willock, Ceballos, Guendozi). Our midfield is set up to play in a 3. I feel like you need two extremely experienced and defensively intelligent CM's to play a 4231 these days.

Everton fans were saying the same thing about Silva's system as well. They were playing 2 unathletic or forward thinking players behind an immobile player (Sigurdsson) just like we are at the moment.

We need a reality check, we dont have good enough players to play such an outdated system. It reeks of arrogance and tactical neglect. Our system/formation is something I will be judging Arteta on in his first few months here. I hope he takes the correct route

9jagooner

I personally do not want Arteta now. I wouldn't even take Pep now talkless a Pep lite. Pep has shown (and even more this season) that when he doesn't have millions to throw at a problem, he's not capable of solving that problem.
Hiring Arteta and thinking he will do anything different is just wishing on horses.

I'd rather back Freddie with his own back room staff till end of season before getting a more experienced manager

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I personally do not want Arteta now. I wouldn't even take Pep now talkless a Pep lite. Pep has shown (and even more this season) that when he doesn't have millions to throw at a problem, he's not capable of solving that problem.
Hiring Arteta and thinking he will do anything different is just wishing on horses.

I'd rather back Freddie with his own back room staff till end of season before getting a more experienced manager

Pep won back to back titles in the most difficult league in the world. Most managers wouldn't be able to do what he has done with that City squad.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I’ll be giving Arteta 2-3 seasons before making any judgements.

Regardless of context?

I mean this season is a write off anyway. But you'd go with him (or anyone for that matter) through next season regardless of implications showing no progress, hoping more transfers and time will make things right in the third or fourth season? I guess it also depends on how you define progress and how much value you give different factors like set goals and fan expectancy, results, tactical development, etc.

I mean a lot of people were saying the same about Emery (giving him a few seasons) but basically the whole place turned on him when too many of those factors turned worse after only 1.5 seasons. I just don't think you can hand someone a multiple year blank cheque regardless of what's going on.

Of course it has to be said that now in the post-Emery time and the current state of the team set goals and expectancy should be adjusted and thus patience raised. Nonetheless other factors like tactical and squad development and player utilization will definitely play a role there, too.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
We could see him hitting the ground running like Lampard did. Definitely has an intelligence to him, judging from the feedback from those who work with him.

I've personally written off the rest of this season and next, but we really never know...
Think if he comes most people will just support him. Anything anyone else has said about his management ability just flies over me as il be opposed until his name is on the door.

He could definitely be the next great thing and bring back our Arsenal, but he could equally send us to the championship.

Im just not excited. It doesn't feel like the next great chapter we were promised with Arsenes departure.

9jagooner

Yes he did but at what cost? Do you think Arsenal have the money to throw at problems? Look at Pep this season when he's not been given the money to buy players, see the results.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Pep won back to back titles in the most difficult league in the world. Most managers wouldn't be able to do what he has done with that City squad.

He raised the bar for the entire league as well, insanly improved players that were laughed at before and it took another generational manager (Klopp) to catch up to him.

The dip this season was something to be expected and exaggerated by injuries. What @9jagooner spouts is insane.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if Buvac is still possibly someone who could come and join Arteta? Highly rated on Merseyside and worked well with Klopp for years.

We could do with such brains in our operation.
It would be great to bring in a top assistant coach to help Arteta. He needs someone experienced by his side

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Can only hope fans don't expect miracles and get on his back if no visible sign of major improvement over the next 5-6 games.

Confidence is shot across some of the players while others honestly don't seem to give a ****. The entire culture at the club needs an overhaul, its not exactly something anybody on the planet can fix overnight.

Needs a clean slate across the board - and that includes the players as whether we like it or not, majority are going nowhere in January and we're unlikely to get a huge number of replacements any time soon. Booing the hell outta them while Arteta settles in isn't going to help much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom