• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

They did not inform City that they will have talks yesterday?

Man, that's really timey-wimey!

giphy.gif

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Most frustrating part is that we've wasted 18 months because Ivan was impressed that Unai knew who AMN was so did a u-turn on Arteta. Now Arteta comes into much worse circumstances in the middle of the season.

Patience is key here, nothing will change drastically anytime soon. In Pep's first season despite inheriting top class players it still took time to implement his ideas on the squad and that was an unlimited transfer budget too. Just imagine how hindered Arteta will be in that regard.

We cannot make this appointment and then make a knee-jerk reaction in a few months if Arteta hasn't worked miracles.

isop

Well, they've got some courage for taking such a gamble. It's definitely not a safe, easy appointment like Ancelotti would have been. I preferred Arteta to get some experience at a lower level before this job, so I'm not really in favour of this. But we are where we are. Hopefully he can really fire up/motivate the team, and apply an intense coaching regime to them because they really need it. Obviously he'll need a degree of time and patience. Let's see what happens.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Most frustrating part is that we've wasted 18 months because Ivan was impressed that Unai knew who AMN was so did a u-turn on Arteta. Now Arteta comes into much worse circumstances in the middle of the season.

Patience is key here, nothing will change drastically anytime soon. In Pep's first season despite inheriting top class players it still took time to implement his ideas on the squad and that was an unlimited transfer budget too. Just imagine how hindered Arteta will be in that regard.

We cannot make this appointment and then make a knee-jerk reaction in a few months if Arteta hasn't worked miracles.

I agree, but we need to see progress by the tail end of next season.

I don't mind floating around 4-6th position as long as we see things starting to improve on the pitch.

Investments and results should follow suit then.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I dont do Twitter but apparantly Laca was up late hitting on a beauty Queen and Paddy called him on it!

We need Paddy more than we need any sort of titty caca Arteta might try

Vanpayslip

I think a lot of people are over thinking this. It doesn’t matter if he is good or not. We are going to go through a series of managers that fall on the sacking sword because the squad is wack. Realistically it doesn’t matter how good a manager is because these players can’t be helped.

What really makes a difference is expectation. If expectations are realistic then the manager will last longer and be appreciated for doing ok in difficult circumstances. If expectations are that someone comes in and has a way to fix this exact squad then there will be lots of booing and eventually the Board will sack him to hide the fact they are incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom