• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy1979

Yeah, but i also think most Gooners are tired of seeing entertaining football without results. Wenger became hugely successful because he had a different philosophy and played football in a totally different way than what we had previously done, it`s not like "Wengerball" is part of our DNA.

Liverpool tried for a number of years to find back to the Kenny Dalglish era by hiring managers who had the same philosophy as Dalglish or ex-players who played under Dalglish, but it didn`t work out. Man United are now trying to recreate "the United way" under SAF and MUs fall from the top during the last 5 years is very similar to what Liverpool experienced during the early to mid 90s. I fear we are going down the same route.
And that's the revamp I think...entertaining and capable of winning.i think a solid 5/6 behind allowing an exciting front 4/5 to be fluid and dangerous is that balance. Wenger s teams were at their best when we had some steel. We haven't had steel since Gilberto left and we went the way of the diminutive playmaker, even when we have brought in a dm in Torreira he's tiny

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
tumblr_inline_pshoebFlik1tpz9vt_500.png
:lol::lol:

LG10

This is a better time to come than people think; has 6 months to start to get his ideas across to the players then will have an entire preseason to enforce them further. This season is a write off so there won't be pressure to compete for the top 4. Hopefully he'll have been given assurances that we'll do significant business, he'll know how unbalanced our squad is.

Gunner-Union

And that's the revamp I think...entertaining and capable of winning.i think a solid 5/6 behind allowing an exciting front 4/5 to be fluid and dangerous is that balance. Wenger s teams were at their best when we had some steel. We haven't had steel since Gilberto left and we went the way of the diminutive playmaker, even when we have brought in a do in Torreira he's tiny

we def need some steele in there and just because a player is powerful
Doesnt mean he can’t be skillful, a lot on here think you have to be one or the other

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Seven figure compensation is peanuts, won't be a problem.

If really necessary, though, I'll throw a few million at the club to get this deal done asap.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Nonetheless City will release Arteta with their blessing, although Arsenal will be required to pay at least £1m in compensation. Arteta has been mooted as a successor to Pep Guardiola and City have made it clear that they will monitor his progress if he takes the Arsenal job with a view to offering him a return if a vacancy arises.

Predicates

Lol, tinfoil hat Pablo Dean.

Camden knows nothing we don't, but he does have a point here.

There's no way that someone just happened to be snooping around the Arteta household at 1am and clocked Vinai and Fahmy arriving and leaving.

Somebody tipped them off. Perhaps the board wanted to show the fans that they are being proactive after the City game.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
At this point I'm only prepared for things to get worse.

If Arteta is the signing, he better be everything he's being made out to be, because if he's not this club is going down the drain.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If Arteta comes then I will back him and give him time as a fan BUT I genuinely cannot believe we are about to take this risk on Arteta when he has zero experience.

I genuinely don't get how it has come to this, that Arteta is about to become manager of the club :facepalm:

I hope this risk is the correct one, this rebuild is painfully slow, also hope the board back him in getting the players he needs or its just a waste of time.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Camden knows nothing we don't, but he does have a point here.

There's no way that someone just happened to be snooping around the Arteta household at 1am and clocked Vinai and Fahmy arriving and leaving.

Somebody tipped them off. Perhaps the board wanted to show the fans that they are being proactive after the City game.
Just as likely the photos were sent to the Sun by someone who spotted them leaving and knew who they were - and probably got paid handsomely to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom