• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
29 has been the worst year of my life without compare and it's not going to end for another 2.5 months. Dig in, get through it and start into your 30s without woe. Heard the 30s are mens' best years anyway.
24-26... Tough years, nihilism leads to a really dark place. Wish you guys a good welcome to the 30s when you get there.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I'm not very excited by the prospect of Arteta.

In my mind it's different to Pep and Zidane. Whereas those two were bonafide club legends and great players in their own right, what reason would this current lot have to respect Arteta, in terms of his achievements as a player?

Did he do any work with the young players while he was here?

Arteta better have some amazing tactical nous and man management skills to bring this lot on board.

I don't think its that far out of the realm of possibility that Arteta will have to work very hard to win over our group. Wenger wasn't respected when he first walked into the dressing room but he won everyone over. I think he met with every single player and soothed some of them with soft words and gave others pay rises.

It's hard to dislike someone when he went out of his way to get you more money!

Guardiola on the other hand, got rid of all the potential rabble-rousers at Barcelona and was quick to stamp out any dissent of his authority. Henry talked about a time he was subbed because he ignored Guardiola's instructions and went out of position.

Carrot vs the stick. I think this squad needs a bit of both.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
City were literally fined for tapping up youngsters, yet they’re feigning outrage about the club’s conduct with Arteta. Amazing. Really reminds me of Wenger’s quote about giving success to stupid people.
For some odd reason my hatred for that joke of a club was waning. Now it’s kindled anew. £1million compensation. **** Citeh.

Reactions: A_G

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
24-26... Tough years, nihilism leads to a really dark place. Wish you guys a good welcome to the 30s when you get there.

22/23/24 to 26/27 was easy as ****. Every day was contained in itself without consequences to the next - at least that's how I thought and lived. Been taught better than that, now. Although there seems to be a ton of fortune and luck and network involved how you get on after that. Before that you're a little prick and the tail end of 20s is a devil of itself. You only get to the dark ends of nihilism and pessimism by then. Clinging to the thought of it getting "better" the next decade.

Joestlaachmkr

Why were "all" Gooners so negative towards Luis Enrique 18-19 months ago? Enrique was in my opinion by far the best available candidate to replace Wenger, but according to most Arsenal fans he is a ****ty trainer who only won the tripple with Barcelona due to MSN. I think Arsenal losing out on Enrique in 2018 is the miss of a lifetime, and i dont think we will ever get a chance of hiring a manager of his calibre again.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm not very excited by the prospect of Arteta.

In my mind it's different to Pep and Zidane. Whereas those two were bonafide club legends and great players in their own right, what reason would this current lot have to respect Arteta, in terms of his achievements as a player?

In truth, great players becoming great managers are the exception rather than the rule. If a player doesn't respect a manager because that manager wasn't a great player, I don't want that player at Arsenal. They should respect Arteta or any other manager because of how they handle themselves as coaches, not based on a playing career. Arsène Wenger played briefly in the French 3rd division. Mourinho barely played at all.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
In truth, great players becoming great managers are the exception rather than the rule. If a player doesn't respect a manager because that manager wasn't a great player, I don't want that player at Arsenal. They should respect Arteta or any other manager because of how they handle themselves as coaches, not based on a playing career. Arsène Wenger played briefly in the French 3rd division. Mourinho barely played at all.
Exactly, we don’t need Ramos like pussies here. He was doing a drama because Mourinho wasn’t a great player so he should not tell them how to play. Of any player in the world, Ramos is the one I hate most!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Why were "all" Gooners so negative towards Luis Enrique 18-19 months ago? Enrique was in my opinion by far the best available candidate to replace Wenger, but according to most Arsenal fans he is a ****ty trainer who only won the tripple with Barcelona due to MSN. I think Arsenal losing out on Enrique in 2018 is the miss of a lifetime, and i dont think we will ever get a chance of hiring a manager of his calibre again.
why do you persist in mentioning people we have not gone after, especially ones who do not speak English well enough, if at all, to meet our criterion? I don't get it

Joestlaachmkr

why do you persist in mentioning people we have not gone after, especially ones who do not speak English well enough, if at all, to meet our criterion? I don't get it
Luis Enrique was apparently the board`s favourite to succeed Wenger in 2018, and they had several meetings with him. Enrique was also reported to be interested in the job and he said no to further negotiations with Chelsea (who also were after him at the time) since he prefered Arsenal over Chelsea. Pochettino couldn`t speak a single word of English when he took over Southampton.

Anyway, the board messing up the negotations with Enrique 18 months ago is the dumbest decision they have ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom