• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Luis Enrique was apparently the board`s favourite to succeed Wenger in 2018, and they had several meetings with him. Enrique was also reported to be interested in the job and he said no to further negotiations with Chelsea (who also were after him at the time) since he prefered Arsenal over Chelsea. Pochettino couldn`t speak a single word of English when he took over Southampton.

Anyway, the board messing up the negotations with Enrique 18 months ago is the dumbest decision they have ever made.
Enjoy our Arteta reign babe!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...was always a very smart player, was Arteta...the main thing I hope he can do, is to try and explain to our midfielders, how to actually play as midfielders :lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

...was always a very smart player, was Arteta...the main thing I hope he can do, is to try and explain to our midfielders, how to actually play as midfielders :lol:
He was the very reason of Ramsey’s purple patch

Reactions: roz

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Exactly, we don’t need Ramos like pussies here. He was doing a drama because Mourinho wasn’t a great player so he should not tell them how to play. Of any player in the world, Ramos is the one I hate most!
Honestly feel the two of them deserved each other. Two absolute assholes that could compete in ****houseary...

trippyhippy

Quite excited for Arteta tbh. My hope stems from him working with guardiola so closely and watching his interactions with players and how he demands 100% from them. You only have to look at yesterdays match against city. Pepe was getting ganged up on by three city players when he had the ball. Meanwhile Arsenal players were giving de bruyne the freedom of the pitch. This is the type of work ethic i hope Arteta instills.

Also hope we learn how to press properly, after our front three press our midfield rarely helps them. You either go or you don't. Its just a complete shambles at the moment and i genuinely don't think it can get worse despite arsenal constantly proving to the contrary. I also am hoping that arteta will want to succeed at all costs and this will mean he will demand funds from the arsenal board for players and especially in defence. I can't think of why he would join arsenal to have his reputation destroyed if he didn't think he could make it work.

ArsenalLunatic

Once again, a "news" article that makes a claim with no quotes and no attribution to sources. My readership was paltry in comparison to John Cross', but I would have been embarrassed to have written something like that.
Exactly. No quotes, just opinion and grey area garbage. Article is like a Twinkie. Tastes good but empty with no value.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Get this wh0re out of here, mods.
What? This forum has been crying out for some new, viciously angry, homophobic members, hasn’t it? Not nearly enough vitriol in here this season:rolleyes:
I can’t even remember what you originally did to rile the guy up. Piss in his Wheaties?

Joestlaachmkr

And that's the revamp I think...entertaining and capable of winning.i think a solid 5/6 behind allowing an exciting front 4/5 to be fluid and dangerous is that balance. Wenger s teams were at their best when we had some steel. We haven't had steel since Gilberto left and we went the way of the diminutive playmaker, even when we have brought in a dm in Torreira he's tiny
Yeah, i know that. But if you take a look in the history books of AFC and look through our 3 most succesful periods in the history of the club, then you`ll realize that we have used 3 completely different approaches when we have recruited a new manager. When Arsenal hired Herbert Chapman back in the day (I know it was in the 1920s but still) they went after a manager who had already won titles and Arsenal looked at which manager who were the best at that period of time, when we appointed George Graham who had won trophies for this club as player but Graham had only managed Millwall in the second tier of English football prior to Arsenal, Wenger was seen as a strange appointment by most people in 1996 but David Dein knew Wenger beforehand and he tought Wenger`s international experience would be a plus, while in 2018/19 the board tries to find a manager who can recreate "Wengerball". I wish the board had a different approach and used fresh ideas in selecting Wenger`s successor and brought in a manager with a completely different philosophy to the club. Milan after Arrigo Sacchi, Liverpool after Kenny Dalglish and Man United after SAF are all three prime examples that it`s not a good idea to hire a manager who are as similar as possible to the manager who once were hugely successful for the club.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Looks like it will be Arteta then. Looking forward to seeing what he can do to right this ship. If he comes I hope they give him support in the next two - three transfer windows so he can really retool the squad and offload some deadwood.

He really has his work cut out for him. It will be a real baptism of fire given that he never has been a head coach and we are in a serious tailspin with some real issues with morale and team cohesion. He better bring his big boy pants!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm all for giving Arteta a chance as 1st team manager, I was on his side before Emerys last year aswell. He has got a big job ahead of him to rebuild this club up to top 4 level again but going by all the things about him said by Pep, a few City players I'm happy to give him a go. Hiring any manager at this stage would be a risk in it's own way, yes it's true he is unproven & still to head manage at top level so it will be a risk. Look at it like this though is my way, every top manager was unproven at one point in their careers & their 1st club would have been taking a risk to give them a shot.

Arteta knows our club well, watching our game under Pep with City he would have known what he was getting himself into no doubt so he must have confidence to get us out of this hole, back to our standard top 4 level. Everyone should give him a chance I reckon, he's not expected to get us out of this mess after a few games though, we should re-think & judge at least by the end of the year.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Looks like it will be Arteta then. Looking forward to seeing what he can do to right this ship. If he comes I hope they give him support in the next two - three transfer windows so he can really retool the squad and offload some deadwood.

He really has his work cut out for him. It will be a real baptism of fire given that he never has been a head coach and we are in a serious tailspin with some real issues with morale and team cohesion. He better bring his big boy pants!

From what I read in reports, it sounds like Arsenal’s manager does not have full control of the team. So will he actually be responsible for transfers?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
22/23/24 to 26/27 was easy as ****. Every day was contained in itself without consequences to the next - at least that's how I thought and lived. Been taught better than that, now. Although there seems to be a ton of fortune and luck and network involved how you get on after that. Before that you're a little prick and the tail end of 20s is a devil of itself. You only get to the dark ends of nihilism and pessimism by then. Clinging to the thought of it getting "better" the next decade.

Think you cannot imprint any rule on such an age thing, everybody is just different as a whole.

I'm like 28,5 years now (VERY DANGEROUS to make that claim on here) and I had some of my toughest years between 24 to now.

Obviously also had a master thesis and stuff during that time, but I'm more referring to the inner fights and conflicts, the ones like 'who am I really, what do I wanna do in the next 30-40 years, do I stay or do I go abroad, do ..'
- guess it's mostly a conflict with the life targets that the society has put out as a must for you to achieve that make you question your life and it's tough for our generation because we are a new blend of kids that had a way more lax parenting being allowed to live it up.

So many of us actually have the choice to follow our dreams if we want to instead of going from A to B to C and paired with a very novel attitute to life overall, we just realize this layed out life path sucks for most of us, but it's still in your head as values making you feel bad for missing out.

In that sense, it's thus definetely not a mere problem of our generation as those life questions are part of everyone, but many of those questions have been rendered to no choice back in the days.

The 30's are thus probably the happiest time on average as most have managed to work through these questions and who they really are, probably the most challenging task of it all.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
The 30's are thus probably the happiest time on average as most have managed to work through these questions and who they really are, probably the most challenging task of it all.

Eh maybe, but then you’re wondering whether you made the right choices. But at least you still got it.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom