• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It's a moot point because Arsenal isn't going to hire Carlo, but even if you dismiss his success at Bayern he's still a more "proven winner" than those you mentioned. Neither Pochettino nor Nagelsmann have ever won a trophy. Nuno has only won the EFL Championship. Rodgers won a lot managing Celtic, but I could have managed them to the title without Rangers competing. Ten Hag won last year's Eredivisie, but that's hardly a high level of competition. The only one you mentioned who is a proven winner at any significant level is Benitez.

So you're really holding Carlo to an unrealistically high standard to which you're not holding any of the others. There are a number of perfectly understandable reasons for Arsenal to want to go with a younger manager who may represent a longer-term project, but this narrative that Carlo isn't good enough anymore because he didn't win a title at Napoli and for whatever nonsense reason Bayern doesn't count defies logic. If you're going to dismiss his championship at Bayern because they win the Bundesliga regularly, then you certainly can't give Rodgers credit for Celtic.

Fair arguments, but I gotta say I also got the "proven winner" thing and the names prior mentioned a bit mixed up.

All the names I referred to have been used as an argument against less experienced options for weeks now even though they aren't going to come.

Ancelotti stands for his own in my argument as someone that IS AVAILABLE and would also have the desired "proven winner" tag that many on here wanted to see (a separate thing).

I can also understand you questioning my claim of Ancelotti being poor at Bayern, but I will not back away from that as I live in Munich and thus am able to see them on a constant basis and he basically only made them worse by every day after probably being the best side on the planet. He just lived by individual quality to win a poverty league at that time.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Remember reading somewhere that Pep Guardiola says that roughly 30 yards from attack to defense is about optimal in team depth. Watch our games and it is easily 40-50 yards often with 6 player up attacking and then trying to win the ball back when we inevitably lose it.
This, this and this again.

We have the worst 'trap' of any top side I've seen. People keep blaming our defenders but bar a few mad moments it's not their fault. I can't believe how we defend.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hope Arteta will look to bolster midfield in Jan, Praet and Nkunku needed!!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really hope we keep Freddie along with any other backroom staff Arteta brings in

Arteta won't know this set of youth players that well

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Do some reading into Mikel, you'll be hyped soon enough my friend. Swish swish bish.
What like Emery's presentation (did he present in Spanish?) and his in depth video analysis on every player? **** all that.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
My expectations for Mikels first game:

1. Goal withing five mins
2. Playing Torreira to his strengths
3. Adding Matt Macey to the bench
4. 95 percent possesion
6. Five goals in second half
5. Clean sheet

If he does not accomplish this, he will have a mountain to climb for me

Axel_Gunner

would be a great start for Arteta to get a good result at Goodison Park or Dean Court.

first games at home for him are chelsea and manu - lets see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom