• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Funny how everyone says our attack is great yet KDB specifically singled out our attack as the primary weakness of our team - and the reason they just battered us 3-0. Getting past our front 4 (AMC included) is too easy.

our problem is we don't play as a unit, as a team. Front 3 press and others sit back or other way around.
he could have easily said they realized our midfield don't follow attackers when they press, leaving gap in between them

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
our problem is we don't play as a unit, as a team. Front 3 press and others sit back or other way around.
he could have easily said they realized our midfield don't follow attackers when they press, leaving gap in between them
Our attackers do press but it's random, not organized. Midfield pressing is non existent and defence is sitting too deep which makes pressing even harder. As you say, there is a huge gap between the lines when players decide to press which makes the whole thing really weird.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What are our expectations of Arteta, for the next season and a half at least.

Lets assume he gets relatively decent backing over the next three windows.
The only expectation from me would be to make something out of this young generation of players we have here. Expecting any results in this situation would be unfair, but if he manages to train these young players and get a few more additions, results will come after that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saying Arteta will have failed if he doesn’t get Champions League next season, is really harsh.

We aren’t close to City and Liverpool, while the owners of United/Chelsea have significantly more funds than us, plus then you have the likes of Sp**s and Leicester etc...plus we have such an unbalanced squad, that it isn’t even funny.

This is the position Arsenal are in, in 2019, whether you like it or not...all I want is a manager to really believe in again, let’s take it from there.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

Hope everyone has an amazing day!

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Don't think there's as massive a gap in quality - but huge stability, structure, tactical and man management issues which just led to players not understanding their role and what the team identity was. For the latter half of last season and all of this season it's just been chaos. Laca scored goals for fun for us in first few years. Torreira looked fantastic for a while. Doozy is another good example - he just looks lost recently when he's already proven what he's capable of. Look at Xhaka for Switzerland and he's a completely different player - infinitely better.

It's not that we've consistently been buying in **** or spending less than peers. Just feels like we've been buying in random jigsaw pieces from different sets and then are left scratching our head when they don't fit together.

Some of the players are a lost cause now but not so sure its a lack of quality. They've been managed really badly

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Any coach who comes in and is not qualified for CL by the end of next season has failed.

Too simplistic. Given the state we're in, even getting 6th could be an achievement.

Turning on a new guy, whoever it is, because he hasn't brought us back into top 4 after no pre season, limited input into transfers and dealing with a group of disinterested players. Realistically this year is a right off.

Just want to see us playing with confidence within a clearly understood structure that suits the players we have.

When we're up for it, we're a dangerous team. Just happens so rarely in last 22 months

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is based on the qualities of these players that they have shown in previous seasons and other situations (as you said NT football or just in another club). I don‘t believe for one moment that just the core of Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pepe, Ceballos, Torreira can‘t fight for a top 4, I mean most of them already did it last year without the two additions. We all know Aubameyang, Lacazette was our player of the season (whether you agree with it or, he was at least a top performer), Pepe was outstanding in another situation, Ceballos looks a different player, Torreira as well.

Of course, we have a bunch of holes in the squad but I‘m not saying the new manager should make us title challengers, we are far from that. Top 4 and a EL run? That should be a thing that can be achieved with the players we already have (and later with more additions in the transfer window). It looks bad right now but I believe the right choice in manager can really make a difference.

Anyone who finished mid-table and above last season could argue they were fighting for top 4. I don't really know what that proves and how that is some kind of sign of progress?

The way we fell apart in the run in despite having the easier fixtures and the implosion in the EL final against an injury ridden Chelsea with a coach and best player doing their best to sabotage their own chances gives you faith in these players?

Player of the season? Top performer? I'm talking about pedigree to get over the line. You get that from winning titles and delivering in the latter stages of the Champions League. I think only Auba and the artist formerly known as Özil come anywhere near that sort of experience.

Everything else you're talking about is completely hypothetical. These players have been picked apart by the likes of Southampton and Brighton as well as the elite. It's no longer just a psychological problem. A crisis-ridden City team came to the Emirates and it was like watching a cat playing with it's food.

We need major surgery.

TornadoTed

Established Member
We have a manager with no previous experience and the youngest squad in the Premier League which will no doubt get younger still if Auba and other senior players leave.

I have no expectations other than seeing gradual improvement, I would hope by the end of the season teams won't be walking straight past our midfield with such regularity for example.

Gursha

Been a while since i understood what our manager said during a press conference, whether it was Unai's broken english or Wengers last years cynical answers to stupid media question...

Cant wait for Artetas first press....

Wizzard

Not sure you can blame Auba for that tbh. Don’t think he even needs to publicly distance himself from that comment, unless his brother is his agent.

They live together and spend every second together. You can and have to blame him. We've seen this before at Dortmund, he's trying to force his way out.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

They live together and spend every second together. You can and have to blame him. We've seen this before at Dortmund, he's trying to force his way out.

I don't think he needs to force his way out though. I hope we're smart enough to show him the door if he doesn't believe in the new manager.

Anyway for all we know Auba will get a buzz off Arteta and start scoring for fun again, we seriously need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom