• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Come on! Let’s be positive and get back some hope! There will be plenty of time for us to be realists later. I for one am going to be a happy camper for a bit even if it just a dream!

It’s just hilarious how excited people are getting over a little press conference. But i’ll stop trying to be rational, it’s like people have been desperate for this.

blrgooner

Established Member
It’s just hilarious how excited people are getting over a little press conference. But i’ll stop trying to be rational, it’s like people have been desperate for this.
What is irrational about getting excited about a press conference? Nobody here is saying that we will win the title this season. Nobody even expects immediate success.
People liked what they heard and hope that we can see genuine improvement under a new coach.

Zen555

There was a lot to like. Just watching the candid video of when he walked into the training room where Per was looking at video and immediately commanded respect and attention, and the way he spoke to each person with a likable but still stern demeanor.

He seems to have the "It" factor, so I'm excited.

Last edited:

rajinder_93

Fantastic appointment but please MA needs time to develop his philosophy at Arsenal. I predict maybe in his 3rd season Arsenal might have a chance to challenge for trophies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The biggest positive for me from the press conference, was how confident he sounded...considering this is his first ever management role, managing a team as massive as The Arsenal, and that was his first ever time speaking to the press as a coach too...he didn’t even sound slightly nervous, exuded authority...like he had been doing this for years.

You could tell he really wanted to be our head coach, but it wasn’t ‘I wanted this job and I feel lucky to be here’, but more ‘I wanted this job and I deserve to be here’...gives me confidence he can lead a dressing room, have the balls to stand up/sell big name players, and convince the players to believe in him.

Think he will be a great manager.

Tony's nose

The biggest positive for me from the press conference, was how confident he sounded...considering this is his first ever management role, managing a team as massive as The Arsenal, and that was his first ever time speaking to the press as a coach too...he didn’t even sound slightly nervous, exuded authority...like he had been doing this for years.

You could tell he really wanted to be our head coach, but it wasn’t ‘I wanted this job and I feel lucky to be here’, but more ‘I wanted this job and I deserve to be here’...gives me confidence he can lead a dressing room, have the balls to stand up/sell big name players, and convince the players to believe in him.

Think he will be a great manager.

Of course he will sound confident hardly come into his first job downbeat and negative ffs.
Besides if he is good it puts him in the window for Barca and Madrid roles in a couple years.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Considering this is the guy I thought you should give a go after Wenger, I hope he does well.

Impossible to tell how he'll do, but his playing career certainly ticks all the boxes when it comes to someone who theoretically should become a good manager. You don't end up with the armband at several clubs if you don't have some leadership capabilities.

TheEconomist

Established Member
After listening to Arteta speak yesterday I'm really excited for this new year and I'm glad we've gone with him. Have a really good feeling this could be the start of something special

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He has the potential to do very well no doubt it’s also got the potential to be a complete car crash. Let’s hope this is a new chapter for us. At this stage I just want to see us play entertaining football and prove difficult to beat.

Exactly. I liked him a lot as a player. But as a manager, we don’t know how good or bad he is. So I don’t understand why people are so irrationally excited about this.

Anyone can say the same thing in the press conference. Whether they can actually do it on the pitch is another thing. One big positive I get is that his philosophy is more pro guardiola, with highly structured tactical instructions, and play attacking football, instead of wenger’s free tactical style that let the players to decide what to do on the pitch, or moyes’ defensive boring football.

Arteta should be judged on
1 his tactical plans and whether he can implement them in training.
2 whether he has great analytical skills to analyse both ours and opponent’s weaknesses and adjust tactically.
3 how he respond to opponent’s in game tactical changes and make great tactical tweaks to counter those changes.
4 whether he make good decisions on substitutions

And these are stuff that you can’t judge until we played a few games. Don’t know why people are getting overly excited before we can even judge anything.

Last edited:

TheEconomist

Established Member
What is irrational about getting excited about a press conference? Nobody here is saying that we will win the title this season. Nobody even expects immediate success.
People liked what they heard and hope that we can see genuine improvement under a new coach.
Exactly this. Bizzare how some people are even arguing this point. I think some people are determined to just take the fun out of football

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think he can do a lot with the current players. I think we have a lack of technical quality, but he should be able to improve the way we defend and the way we progress the ball. When you look at a midfield of KDB, Silva and Rodri, is there that much athleticism there?

I think there is desire, intelligence and technical quality. It's not based on pace, strength and power. When they have the ball they use it intelligently, when they don't, their distances, their fouling, their work rate and their movement to receive the ball is all at the highest level.

The question now is whether the Arsenal players want to listen. Is Guendouzi too big for his boots? Is Torreira intent on leaving, is Willock intelligent enough? Can AMN take on the information?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I’ve always been very worried about the lack of experience with Mikel as a manager, but having since watched every video put out today, I’m now absolutely buzzing.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Fair play to you and all the other fans around here that have already switched in favor of Arteta since his appointment.

Most people aren't capable of reflection and acknowledging a change of mind - we'll need everyone to be on board to turn things around.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No harm in getting excited about a press conference, we haven’t had much to this season. Plus Emery, while a nice guy, could never articulate himself while in these conferences.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Well excuse me I’ve been listening to Emery speak Spanglish for 18 months, it felt good to hear our manager speak clearly, to lay out his vision for Arsenal and identify his first challenges.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I know what you mean but what’s wrong with enjoying the presser and his words for a few hours? After 24 hours the presser is forgotten and we’re back to the grim reality of this season, because even with a new manager it’s going to be a big rebuild with many more defeats and beatings to come this season.

Nothing wrong with abit of hope and positivity. I didn’t watch the Emery stuff, couldn’t understand his words or message.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom