• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't see the problem with trying to be positive.

Only risk is for unexperienced optimists, who go up with enthusiasm and then fall down hard. Otherwise it is only a good thing.

They need to learn many things from the Stoics.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
short man syndrome

tenor.gif

KingVerse

Wow, at first i wasn't that impressed with this appointment. Wanted Allegri in rather than him so when I heard he was in for the job it felt kinda underwhelming. BUT! His words and the excitement of the fans kinda got me aboard the train. Plus his message to the boys, I'M, watching..YOU!! during this game that's about to start shows authority. We´ll see what happens. We´re in such a bad state it's gonna take a while to get back to where we want to be. Defensively we still have the clown and Mustafi so we´ll still be shipping the goals at the back unless we (unrealistically) sign two monsters in January. We need Granit gone too and someone in for him, preferably Patrick Vieira (pt2) My dude Auba needs to sort his brain out and start playing with purpose too. Özil on the other hand, I'm pretty meh about him..he can do one or stay, but if he stays he need to come for blood. But that's me rambling now, haven't spoken about Arsenal in months cause I been feeling madd indifferent about Arsenal games. Back in the day if we lost it would ruin THE WHOLE DAY, wins got me buzzing for the rest of the week...so this new appointment got me writing again. That's something! Anyway, welcome back Arteta. Here's to a brighter future for us fans!!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I feel sorry for you - it can't be easy going through life so sour and sneering at those who are capable of being positive about the future

why do you feel so obliged to keep trying to spoil other people's happiness?
Mod Edit: come on..

Last edited by a moderator:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
That doesn't make much sense to me, to be honest.

Its a press conference, people liked what he said, that's it. He might be good he might be sh*t, but people liked what he said at one press conference.One moment in time.

Its like scoring a goal and saying why be excited? the league hasn't been won.Or signing a promising player and saying why be excited he hasn't proved himself, well yes that's self evident.

But it isn't an exploration on his entire tenure as a manager, its just a moment.

Well no, I'm saying that this press conference isn't something to be exicted about it's par for the course. We need to see what happens on the pitch, Arsenal fans buy into PR comments and stuff too easily.

Look back at the summer when everyone was getting boners over Raul and co, couple months later after bad results he's a c*nt and a fraud and terrible at his job. People get too excited over words rather than actions.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well no, I'm saying that this press conference isn't something to be exicted about it's par for the course. We need to see what happens on the pitch, Arsenal fans buy into PR comments and stuff too easily.

Look back at the summer when everyone was getting boners over Raul and co, couple months later after bad results he's a c*nt and a fraud and terrible at his job. People get too excited over words rather than actions.

You don't get it do you? It's not that fans are buying into his promises, but they like otherwise what they saw from him compared to expectations.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It's so ****ing simple. He wants 10 Martinellis on the pitch but he won't see that. This is what he will see:

Martinelli will start. The effort will stand out above anyone else.

Torreira will be the next player to demonstrate effort.

AMN will show power and pace effortlessly, but switch off and look naieve.

Xhaka will pad his passing stats and look good on paper. In reality he wont be progressive and will hide and show how slow he is to press.

Pepe will hold onto the ball to long, but will be our most dangerous player and switch off defensively.

Özil if he plays will be the usual Özil. Good when we are good, anonymous when we are not.

Saka will be dangerous but get tired if playing wing back.

Did Arteta himself have any discernable physical traits?

Santi didnt either

Atleast Xhaka has size and strength

If Arteta is all that he will find a way to utilize Xhaka to great succes

In My mind that is as CM not DM

And im on a 25match unbeaten FM run I know what in talking about...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It’s just hilarious how excited people are getting over a little press conference. But i’ll stop trying to be rational, it’s like people have been desperate for this.
Look, I fully agree with you! Of course it isn’t rational. I think we will struggle under Arteta, but as a fan I am also emotionalLy connected with the team and club and I want to be happy and hopeful. It is Christmas for ****s sake! Let’s be joyful and let the Christmas spirit reign! Merry Christmas!!!!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Did Arteta himself have any discernable physical traits?

Santi didnt either

Atleast Xhaka has size and strength

If Arteta is all that he will find a way to utilize Xhaka to great succes

In My mind that is as CM not DM

And im on a 25match unbeaten FM run I know what in talking about...

What's the point having size and strength if you dot have the balance to use it? Arteta and Santi also had football brains and knew where to be without the ball under a manager who didn't even coach it.

shoom

Very optimistic after that, inspiring words and delivered in a calm authoritative way. Much more to being a successful manager than charisma but impossible to succeed without it.

Top Bottom